Do you have an unusual-sounding voice?

Page 2 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Crowface
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2007, 6:22 pm

I'm lucky enough to have a mostly normal voice. It's pretty distinctive though, which is bad because I like to yell. :(

KingMichael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2007, 6:36 pm

I have a very deep, low voice. It sucks. I have to make an effort to speak loudly so people can hear me.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 6:39 pm

I talk like a little kid (high pitched, fast, not much volume control)-everyone asks if my mom is home when I answer the phone :?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 6:44 pm

My mom says that my voice is monotone, and that it trails off when I talk.

DougOzzzz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2007, 7:24 pm

I'm 25... my voice is fairly normal, but it cracks every once in a while when I'm nervous. It's rather embarrassing.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 7:24 pm

I have a funny voice...yes (my videos under the post a video of yourself thread show examples)
I talk like a kid..and am either too soft or too loud..(when i get excited)

I have auditioned to do voiceovers for Japanime..(i made callbacks).but no further...

Also casting directors for plays like me for my voice..but that is before they discover how difficult it is to work with me...cause of my "problems"

I attribute it to being a singer..i talk-sing.....sorta......

i get asked if my mom is home too..

also if you listen to my voice..concider that I was born and raised in Texas...lots of people ask me where I am from...I have even been accused of talking the way I do on purpose....

My boyfriend has a funny voice too...he sounds like Shaggy from Scooby Doo

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 8:21 pm

I sound like the original telephone recording. It took me FOREVER to lose my Kansas twang, but I evened out my voice and did readings for the blind in my youth. Later I did a radio show where I was the (girl)automaton of the host. When that became how I learned what sexism was, I heard Agent 99 on "Get Smart" and copied her voice exactly. I did more book recordings but after a while they didn't want the sulky husky voice so I changed to Deanna Troi style "accent that you can discern but not place" and in Hawaii, they though I talked like the Evening Network News.
I now use my voice as a customer service for a health insurance company and even though I FORCE myself to 'sound normal' I am constantly asked if I am 'real' or 'a recording' but I think people just DO that because they have been tricked so many times to talk to a recording, etc.
oh, well, I can lull you to sleep if I read you a story. Always could. Never thought it was strange, but now that I know about AS, I certainly understand, now.

Merle

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 8:29 pm

I have a high voice. I also sound like I have an English accent when I listen to my voice on tape.

I sound like an absolute idiot when talking into an answering machine.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 8:48 pm

My voice sounds like a guitar tuned to D with vintage humbuckers being played on clean through a bass amp.

Sorry, but that's really the best way I could describe it.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 9:22 pm

I have a high voice and, normally, quite monotone. I've learned to add emphasis through radio and acting, and I do so in the classroom, but it is still a conscious effort.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 May 2007, 10:23 pm

my voice is really only highpitched if im copying someone. otherwise its sounds like a robot, or is very loud. (volume control)

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 11:11 pm

I have a very distict voice. I've never met anyone with a voice that sounds similar to mine. I'm not going to describe it though, sorry.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 11:19 pm

I have a very soft voice. I sound like a little kid sometimes, especially on the phone. People who I've only called once can recognize my voice right away on the phone.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 10:05 am

My mum told me that my voice comes through on her answering machine extremely distorted and hard to understand. Everyone else sounds fine.
I've heard my voice on a recording and I sound like a little kid even though I'm 30 years old.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 10:09 am

Either I talk with a slight musical lilt since I'm a musician, or I'm monotone, unless I consciously try not to do speak like that. My voice is rather "boyish" and androgynous sounding, and I can sing pretty low for a woman.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 10:15 am

I start singing whatever it is I'm saying if I have to repeat it more than 2 times (if it's something short of course, and generally only when talking to children). Mainly because if I don't, I'll start yelling-especially if I'm asked a question then tuned out when answering it, lol.