On a scale from 1 to 10, how severe is your Autism or AS?

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 5:50 pm

I'm gonna go with 5 or 6 normally, and 11 when sensory overload kicks in.

DougOzzzz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2007, 5:51 pm

On an AS scale, somewhere between 5 and 8, depending on my mood. I'm really bad socially; even posting on message boards takes a good deal of effort.

I think I might be more HFA than AS, but I'm not really sure.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

18 May 2007, 5:58 pm

Trying to come up with a number without some testing would be too subjective for me.
I would want to see a number of scores like RDOS's aspie test scores, emotional intelligence scores, data on milestone events in a persons life like age of first boyfriend/girlfriend etc, and some way to quantify what percent of ones problems are social related and what percent is more situational due to things like problems from comorbid issue like ADHD, depression.

Then when we have all that data we need to compile it into a chart and then you could realistically score yourself.

faith
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 May 2007, 6:01 pm

my people i working with say with aspegers i have bad aspegers. i maybe thinking 8 or 9 when 10 is worst. becuse have not can live with myself. becuse need lot help and thing.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:04 pm

7, sometimes 5, sometimes 9.

Gabrielle

18 May 2007, 6:21 pm

well let me see i would put myself on 10 because on the Australian Scale for Asperger's Syndrome i scored 23out of 24. so i think that is severe well thats what they told me any way. they told i was really really really bad Aspergers

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:29 pm

Do autism and AS have separate scales? Or are you asking where we fall in comparison to the whole spectrum?

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:30 pm

I don't know how to answer this because autism is way too complex. I think the doctor who said you were 0.5 was oversimplifying way way way too much and probably didn't even know what he was talking about.

Gilb
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:53 pm

i would say a 2 i am fairly mild

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 7:26 pm

Severity and the trouble it causes are two different things.
How sever it is? I'd say 7 - 8 and in some area's sometimes a downright 9.9.

This doesn't mean its horrible and I hate it, but in strength of how much it applies to me this would be the answer.

How much trouble it causes me, a spectrum from day to day depending on what I'm doing, How well I can use data and analysis to cover my ass, ect.

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 7:55 pm

I would say I am a 2 my AS is mild in many ways I live independently, have a few friends (not many) and have worked full time before. I do have difficulties making and keeping friends, getting and keeping work and with being taken advantage of.

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:13 pm

I would probably put myself at between 4-6, rarely 7 or even 8! Sometimes I feel more like an autie than an aspie, especially when I'm bored.

Right now, I'm on about 5.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:19 pm

I would say probably about a 2. I have a job that I do well and function fairly normally in daily life. I am obsessed with certain subjects and do embarrassing, dumb things, but I have few problems otherwise.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:55 pm

If we’re talking of objective achievements I’d be 10; otherwise I’d say I was 8 because I’ve learnt to communicate via other means with people.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 11:46 pm

Gee, I don't really know where to put myself. It IS mild. I have been in a number of classes where I appeared to know nothing, or to know everything. I was recently asked, with the rest of my team, to do something and I wish I could tell you specifics, but it would narrow down my identity for some where I don't want that. Anyway, I called him up detailing how his information was not adequate for us to comply, etc... Although NOBODY else truly knew, they didn't seem to care, etc....

There are the typical social deficits.

Jokes are another thing.

People make assumptions about me. Some are earily accurate, but some are WAY off.

There is the typical encyclopedia knowledge, and tangential speaking.

Stims are subtle.

There is a lot of the blank stare/daydream type expressions, etc...

In other ways, I am better than most. Sometimes subconciously, I have each hand doing totally different things at the same time. My right hand might pull an access card out of my shirt pocket while my left hand pulls money out of my pants pocket while I am walking towards the door and talking with another person, or my right hand might start the car while my left hand puts my seatbelt on, and I am figuring the best route to my destination. I can only imagine that that is the kind of multitasking people think of. I sometimes LAUGH when I see women talking about how they have such great multitasking skills compared to men when those same women don't seem to be able to walk and talk at the same time. BTW That isn't ALL women, just ones I have actually heard talk about it, IRL.

Steve

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 11:54 pm

For motor skill function perhaps about 9
Cognitive funtion perhaps about 6
Sensory issues perhaps about 7