Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OMGpenguin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2007, 6:48 pm

SG wrote:
I once drove around slowly in a car park because I was borred and looking around for a spot to park to write some notes, and a guy with a family just stares at me like I'm out to get his kids, and when I finally find a spare park near him he tells his children to stick by him and to get in the car 8O

Must have had one of my blank intense-focus stares on my face lol

Were you driving this van?

SG
Raven
Raven

20 May 2007, 3:15 am

lol
no just a beat up old car

7on
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2007, 6:21 am

OMGpenguin wrote:
SG wrote:
I once drove around slowly in a car park because I was borred and looking around for a spot to park to write some notes, and a guy with a family just stares at me like I'm out to get his kids, and when I finally find a spare park near him he tells his children to stick by him and to get in the car 8O

Must have had one of my blank intense-focus stares on my face lol

hey... where'd you get a picture of my van?

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 May 2007, 8:27 am

Once my own daughter told me I looked like I was going to pick up a machetti and kill everyone. She didn't say it jokingly. We were going to a restaurant for dinner. I wasn't the least mad and was enjoying myself. It came as such a shock and really made me feel terrible. Several other times when we were doing things together she said things about me looking miserable and that I should really try to smile more. I was just being myself. Since this, I have become very self concscious about my facial expressions and were a forced smile when I can remember to.

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2007, 10:13 am

OMGpenguin wrote:

LOL That just about made me spit my drink out I was laughing so hard.

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2007, 4:02 pm

I get those all the time. And there might be a good reason too. A lot of people with Asperger's syndrome tend to be picked on as children and young adults for being "unusual".

When faced with that kind of trauma, the person starts lashing out in odd ways unless he or she seeks therapy.

It's no coincidence that the "spree killer" types are often stereotyped as creepy people that have no emotion, because they say many people with AS have gone the route of spree killing due to their traumatic ostracism from their groups.

I get the worst looks because of my mixed Asian Indian and Black heritage.

Asian Indians have the reputation in the US of being "creepy" due to many Asian Indians having sunken eyes, and Blacks... well... you don't see too many people going out and asking a black man to do their taxes, now do you.