Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2017, 11:10 am

In my case speech and sound processing suffer first - I barely speak, sometimes in very short sentences and have a mind-block that makes speaking hard. When people talk to me, especially on the phone, I struggle with understanding them, sometimes closing my eyes helps but it does look weird. When I ring the doctor's or anyone really I need to write what I'm going to say on a piece of paper first and then read it, that kind of thing.

I'm more sensitive to wind and sun, I get disorientated easily and can feel unstable while walking too. I get quite numb emotionally and if too many things keep stressing me out, I simply slide down into depression and have to be on meds again.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 8:54 pm

I'm experiencing burnout right now. I moved into an apartment with my sister a month and a half ago, my first attempt at independent living, and I'm struggling a lot. My meltdowns have been getting worse and more frequent, and my social skills have been tanking. My anxiety has been worse than it's been in at least two years, and I've started developing symptoms of depression; lack of interest in anything, careless spending, and a fluctuating desire to disappear from the world. I'm going to be discussing it with my therapist next week. Burnout sucks.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 10:20 pm

yes, lately it takes so much energy to pay attention to anything. good thing I am not in work or school. good thing I live somewhere it is not too homophobic. :roll:

it takes so much effort to phrase statements. and a lot of the time I think of complex relationships between two seemingly separate things. and rarely does anyone understand what I mean. on the other hand, what if they understood, what is so great about that?

my brain feels weak, foggy, and tired a lot of the time.