Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 May 2007, 3:30 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
It's so nice to belong to a forum with other toe walkers :)

Even if they are heel walkers??
Getting up on the balls of my feet gives me "charlie-horses" and calf cramps.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 6:48 pm

i walk a lot with body weight on my toes. it makes nice calves, if nothing else (i also find it makes walking a tad more fluid and graceful). going upstairs... stairs seem to be made to be bounced upwards with energy stored in the calves... if i dont run up stairs (bouncing many steps at once), i at least walk them up on my toes (with my heels over the edge). muay thai made my calves basically explode, so there are more weird calf muscle stunts to come. :D

other that that: the street is my f'in runway, baby.
i love walking down the street with a long, slightly catwalk-ish, proud stride. chin up, chest out, get out of my way, lowly beings!

Phssthpok
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2007, 6:56 pm

I toe walked when i was a kid now I would say I have a normal albeit not very graceful walk.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 8:57 pm

Quote:
Even if they are heel walkers??
Getting up on the balls of my feet gives me "charlie-horses" and calf cramps.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to leave out heel walkers...I shoulda just said funny walkers :)

dumbgenius
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 9:29 pm

I put more weight on my heels than most people. I used to scrape my feet a lot, and still sometimes do. I also noticed I walk with my right leg more than my left.

Uncertain-Late
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2007, 5:35 am

gekitsu wrote:
chin up, chest out, get out of my way, lowly beings!

LOL, brilliant.

I used to walk quite strangely too, people occasionally mentioned it but I never made anything of it. I just thought I was weird, but I've always enjoyed eccentricism in myself so I didn't try to repress it. Now I walk very tensely, but my posture is the main anomaly; my mum says that if I don't do something about it soon, I'll end up crippled within the next ten years. I stride around with a fiery disregard, stunted and fuming like Spider Jerusalem without his cigarettes. :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 8:14 am

I don't walk. I toddle. I also put most of my weight on my toes as well, though I don't walk on my toes, anymore. I also think that another reason behind my toddle is the special type of underwear that I need to wear, as well as my weight of 224 at 5ft 4. I know...I'm too big for some people to handle seeing, or imagining but I'm trying my best to stick to a weightloss programme.