Level 3, Level 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Level 3, Level 3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 26

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 2:06 pm

xatrix26 wrote:
Severe High Functioning Asperger's Syndrome here. I have to admit that I haven't heard about this level system before. Is this prevalent in the US only? Or Canada as well?

It's in the DSM-5. Not all countries use it. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-5th edition. Most psychologists in the U.S. are adopting it (it was developed by the American Psychiatric Association), but there's no law forcing it I'm aware of.

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2017, 2:30 pm

I am border line level 2 socialy and a firm level 2 on the behavior part. I can manage social communication when needed to deal with life. but struggle with it, espically if already stressed or overwhelmed that day. She told me to just consider myself ASD Level 2 if asked. My original diagnosis was Aspergers's Syndrome, and others that either have a child on the spectrum or know the signs can tell right away I am on the specturm. AD

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 4:18 pm

I'm guessing that I would be a level 1-1.5.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:19 am

I'm 2, 2.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 7:06 am

I think 1-2. :lol: From the time I got diagnosed, to this present.

Note that I don't take account on my past actions alone -- But how my case of autism manifests between various times of being unrestrained/unmasked and controlled/managed, then it's internal and external outcomes.

That levels of diagnostic system is unavailable in my country. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 9:01 am

I might be in 1 because of my well-developed speech and language now...I didn't ask. I would of liked to know why. I can't hide impairments and specifically social use and learning with repeated teaching.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 7:24 pm

[color=#00b2ff] when I was younger specifically 5-10 I had problems with communication and it still returns in times of burnout specifically saying the wrong words. Like saying I want something instead of I don't want something. I don't think I noticed this much when I was younger. but now that I'm older I do. I also had speech problems. I went to speech therapy from kindergarten to 3 or 4th grade. I also went to occupational therapy mutliple times tho I kinda just ignored the occupational therapist unless I wanted to do the task for the most part. especially after a certain point. They kept trying to mke me better at hand writing
but it didn't really work to much after 3rd grade. I went in 2nd grade and also in 5th grade. I wasn't extensively effective because my life experiences taught me not to trust anyone. I still have a hard time trusting anyone.. There was a certain point where I developed these traits. I'm not sure when it was but sometimes I picture a certain scene. I have problems remembering dates in my memory. but I Can remember experiences well. I can trust some people but if they do anything I don't like to feel hurt by I actively scorn them and even gone so far as to ruin their reputation (on the internet). I can fairly well enough in text chats specifically because people know how I will react to things. [/color

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 10:42 pm

I'm 1-1. but recently sliding to 1-2 for the first time since adolescence. As a mostly single parent trying to support my kids, lately my "demands exceed limited capacities" as the DSM puts it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 1:25 am

2-2 verging on 3, depending on the area being assessed. So level 2 moderate/severe.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 2:04 am

I have no clue what you are refering to with 1-1 to 3-3 but it would help if you would post some definitions.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 8:24 am

Pieplup wrote:
I have no clue what you are refering to with 1-1 to 3-3 but it would help if you would post some definitions.

These are the DSM-5 severity ratings for Social Communication and Restricted, Repetitive Behaviors. Essentially, 1 is mild, 2 is moderate and 3 is severe. The psychologist is supposed to assign a severity for each category. Mine is Level 2 for Social Communication and Level 2 for Restricted, Repetitive Behaviors. The DSM-5 is the first DSM to have this level system.

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

09 Oct 2017, 6:23 pm

I have a DSM-IV Asperger's diagnosis and have never needed to update it. I'm guessing I'd be level 1 overall since I can pass for "quirky but normal." But my special interests are pretty severe and I have OCD, so I might be level 2 in repetitive behaviors.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:58 pm

I've never heard of the multiple the layers within the the layers. I am somewhere in the middle of one. I had moderate speech, writing, and language abilities as a child, still really have language problems, but acquire language much easier than younger. I try to avoid support though; I have often done worse with support in place.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:38 am

There are 3 primary levels and within the primary levels are sub-levels. And for me personally there's both the autism asessment and then the overall level of disability asessment that includes other issues like severe dcd.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:51 am

EzraS wrote:
There are 3 primary levels and within the primary levels are sub-levels. And for me personally there's both the autism asessment and then the overall level of disability asessment that includes other issues like severe dcd.
I already googled it but thanks anyway.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:22 am

I honestly don't know what level I am, but I'm guessing I'd be somewhere in Level 1.