Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aspigirlus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2019, 12:10 pm

Chewing, people kissing (them yukky wet sound they make), people cleaning their teeth, weeping, pooing and vomiting. Any of that stuff.

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 4:13 pm

OP wrote: "...I guess I wish there was a fairy tale world where my sensitivities would come in handy.
My therapist said that anger is a normal go to emotion in a case like mine.

What do you all think about anger being the go to emotion when overstimulated?"

Thank you so much for posting this topic, as it can be opened into many different avenues of inquiry leading to a better understanding of myself and my functioning in society, in relationship. I will think about how to answer, but will start with, to the op: I would not necessarily separate yourself from your sensitivities. Being sensitive is an integral part of who you are, and being yourself is in many ways surely an asset. This said, sometimes we have to adjust to various social conditions including aggressive inconsiderate people, and all people have to in some way learn to do this. To the person who said that loud noise can make them homicidal, though they would actually commit a homicide, I hear you on this, as I can be very sensitive to loud noise and one of my greatest terrors is be to be trapped in such a situation.

p.s. I am also very sensitive to bright light which is one of the reasons I left this forum for 31/2 years, but some kind of adjustment seems to have been made to the light level or else I am less sensitive now, as it doesn't seem to be bothering me (as much).