Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 12:44 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
When I read the title I thought this was about being annoying *to* NTs.

And not necessarily by accident. :twisted:

I was thinking the same thing.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 7:12 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
When I read the title I thought this was about being annoying *to* NTs.

And not necessarily by accident. :twisted:

Several people were expecting a "how to annoy NTs" guide. :lol:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 8:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most autistic people----even some who are very severely autistic----don't "look autistic."

There are some neurotypicals who actually "look" like they have a genetic problem or something. But they actually don't.

Plenty of people had the nerve to tell me that "you don't look autistic"

:ninja:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 9:30 pm

I won't belabor the point that smoking isn't NT specific. I do agree that oftentimes smokers seem oblivious such as standing right near an entrance or exit and exhaling a cloud of second hand smoke for others to pass through.

OP, I give you accolades for being only 19 and having the ingenuity and drive to find ways to adapt to your environment by the bag of lavender in the handkerchief. You made my day hearing that. You're "bending like a reed in the wind" if you know that expression and working around your challenges and obstacles rather than giving up. Wonderful. Keep up things like that and you'll not only survive life, you'll thrive.

Even though we live in an NT dominant world, I'm guessing there are many NTs you know that are great people. Conversely, I imagine if I was surrounded by fellow ND people, many of them would irritate me. I just hope you don't think only NTs can be inconsiderate, annoying, etc.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 2:09 am

Celina wrote:
Anyone have any stories of Neuro-Typicals being really annoying/entitled? I have one:

Ok, so to get home from my high school(the one from the popular show “Skam” btw) I take the tram, then the metro, then walk 20 min from a station near a local tennis court. For a long time last year, every time I got off the train at my stop, a fat bearded man with a backpack, got off at the same time, and started walking in front of me, smoking. And, presumably because of his physique, I couldn’t walk slowly enough for his smoke cloud to be outside the range of my heightened sense of smell. As I have experienced people smoking outside the gym I go to, I have found cigarette smoke absolutely unbearable. I actually had to start holding a handkerchief with a lavender bag in it, when walking to and from my gym.

Anyway, every day, I would have to frequently stop, cough, wheeze and wait for him to get as far ahead of me as possible. Eventually, I found a chance to walk past him, so because I was wearing headphones, I just ran ahead of him as far as I could and kept walking calmly, free of the smoke 8) . He stopped talking the metro at the same time as me a while after that.

Like, I just don’t understand how such a clearly unhealthy man can smoke THAT MUCH?!

What's your point? Only NTs smoke? Or if he was autistic then it would be okay?

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 6:29 am

Magna wrote:
Conversely, I imagine if I was surrounded by fellow ND people, many of them would irritate me. I just hope you don't think only NTs can be inconsiderate, annoying, etc.

I can confirm. A guy with his 2 friends came over interested in buying my mom's car. He was constantly cursing and giving me the rundown on what it needed and how he thought this and that worked. A couple of times he sneezed without covering his mouth and spritzed me. :eew:

My mom later said his friends apologized for him saying, "he's got Aspergers". He was probably late 20s/early 30s. Old enough to know better, aspie or not. :thumbdown:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 7:37 am

I've had plenty of unpleasant experiences being surrounded by aspies for many years.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 8:52 am

Fnord wrote:
Celina wrote:
Anyone have any stories of Neuro-Typicals being really annoying/entitled? I have one...
One man is not representative of all neurotypicals.
Celina wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
How do you know that he’s neurotypical?
I’ve seen his face once. Didn’t seem autistic. I’m sure he isn’t.
So now you're also an expert at diagnosis based on the way a person's face looks, right?

:roll:

Chill mate, she is autistic, only 19 and a newbie.
Do I really need to point that out?
Sheesh. :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 8:56 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Celina wrote:
Anyone have any stories of Neuro-Typicals being really annoying/entitled? I have one...
Celina wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
So now you're also an expert at diagnosis based on the way a person's face looks, right?
Chill mate, she is autistic, only 19 and a newbie. Do I really need to point that out? You don't have to be a putz *all* the time. Sheesh.

You need to "chill".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
All through my life, I've been told, especially by narcissist-types, that I am "annoying."

Most decent people actually don't find me annoying.

I am not a narcissist.
My mother had me tested. :mrgreen:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:09 am

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
All through my life, I've been told, especially by narcissist-types, that I am "annoying."

Most decent people actually don't find me annoying.

I am not a narcissist.
My mother had me tested. :mrgreen:

:D

"Decent" according to your standards

"Most" means what, over fifty percent

You are not telepathic

Maybe they found you annoying and didn't tell you

(Not to say that you are annoying)

Everyone is "annoying" to someone at different times

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:12 am

Of course, anyone can be annoying at any point in existence.

In general, though, people who were, from my subjective viewpoint "decent" usually didn't express annoyance with me, or deliberately seek to avoid me because they were annoyed with me.

Almost always, people who expressed "annoyance" with me had some ax to grind which had nothing to do with me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:17 am

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Celina wrote:
Celina wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Chill mate, she is autistic, only 19 and a newbie. Do I really need to point that out? You don't have to be a putz *all* the time. Sheesh.
So, you think that when someone else starts an NT-bashing thread, that somehow makes me a putz, right?

You need to "chill".

Yes.
That is right.
Put the hate on me.
I can handle it. :mrgreen:

If you are not careful, I will send you to the naughty corner. <stern look> :evil:

But seriously.
Once again:
-She is autistic.
-She is young.
-She is a newbie.

If he/she is a troll, it will come out soon enough.
Better to give the person the benefit of the doubt.

You consider yourself particularly intelligent.
May I suggest you use that intelligence to good effect?
Perhaps you could explain to her, in a civil way, why you have a problem with her post.

Personally, I think venting is needed sometimes. <shrug>

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course, anyone can be annoying at any point in existence.

In general, though, people who were, from my subjective viewpoint "decent" usually didn't express annoyance with me, or deliberately seek to avoid me because they were annoyed with me.

Almost always, people who expressed "annoyance" with me had some ax to grind which had nothing to do with me.

Someone would have to a very low level of tolerance to find you annoying.

People are different but not as different as one might think. When responding to surveys, there’s usually a great deal of agreement on subjective experiences. The vast majority of people, for example, would be annoyed by being woken up at 3:00 AM by a neighbor mowing his lawn.

Likewise, most people would consider it “hurtful” and “abusive” if significant others starting screaming curse words at them for a small and insignificant mistake.

There’s a great deal of commonality in subjective experience which contributes to community. Without this, it’d be even more difficult to have a meaningful exchange with people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:26 am

@Pepe: Who died and made you moderator? I've said to her all that I needed to say, and yet YOU want bag on me. Get over yourself.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:35 am

Twilightprincess wrote:

Someone would have to a very low level of tolerance to find you annoying.

Kraftiekortie isn't annoying.

*He* isn't annoying.
This <points at self> is annoying.
Just look at how I am upsetting Fnord. <beam> :mrgreen:

<gets ready to have a "boo boo" fight with Fnord in the next post> :twisted:

Crocodile Pepe signing off. :wink: