Anyone else so depressed they've left huge boxes near doors?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 3:03 pm

I've had boxes of stuff from college in my room for two and a half years. I was very depressed the first half of 2018 and have had small periods of depression since than but not enough to explain why they still aren't put away. I just never feel like it. When I feel motivated to do things there is always something I think is more interesting or important.

SC5017
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2020, 5:00 am

Yes, I also forget the existence of things I cannot see. I remember pulling up the blind in the kitchen one day and being surprised to find I had a back garden. The grass/weeds had grown about 2 feet since I had previously seen it! My friend thought it funny that I could forget such a thing.
I must try that with the water. I know that some mornings I wake with a headache caused by dehydration.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 5:14 am

When I get dehydrated I get so stupid that I average over a day to figure out the problem, even though it has happened so often. If it gets bad, I don't even enjoy drinking. I only drink like a thirsty person if I'm barely starting to go dry - afterwards, some survival circuit kicks in and I just try to make some other kind of progress that is supposed to be searching for water. Now, I record my intake, and go by that.
Several times, I have tidied up my desk, and uncovered something from the previous cleanup - the "current" file. :? I suppose one of the unadvertised benefits of University is learning to ignore some chores, not just file them away.