I'm starting to hate NT's and I'll explain why this

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 8:16 pm

I love NTs, but I do dislike the general public because of the way people judge each other in public places when nobody knows each other.

Take clothes for example. A certain winter hat was once in fashion and everybody of all ages were wearing them, although at first I thought they looked stupid. But then I bought one and fell in love with it, as it was so warm and comfortable and it felt trendy and matched my coat.
Then all of a sudden people stopped wearing them, and I felt like the only one wearing one. So then I had to give up wearing my favourite winter hat and wear a different one that's more fashionable, although I keep the old one in the hope that the trend will return.

But it's the way people judge you for wearing something that was trendy a year ago but is not trendy now. I wish people didn't care what you are wearing, especially as trivial as a winter hat to keep you warm. And yet some garment items stay in fashion forever.

It's like nothing looks ridiculous if it's in fashion. As soon as it goes out of fashion people will laugh at you. I bet if hopping on one leg became popular and trendy, people will judge you if you're seen walking normally like humans have been walking like for the last 3,000 years or so.
f*****g stupid if you ask me.

Last edited by Joe90 on 12 Jan 2020, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 8:21 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I love NTs, but I do dislike the general public because of the way people judge each other in public places when nobody knows each other.

Take clothes for example. A certain winter hat was once in fashion and everybody of all ages were wearing them, although at first I thought they looked stupid. But then I bought one and fell in love with it, as it was so warm and comfortable and it felt trendy and matched my coat.
Then all of a sudden people stopped wearing them, and I felt like the only one wearing one. So then I had to give up wearing my favourite winter hat and wear a different one that's more fashionable, although I keep the old one in the hope that the trend will reappear.

But it's the way people judge you for wearing something that was trendy a year ago but is not trendy now. I wish people didn't care what you are wearing, especially as trivial as a winter hat to keep you warm. And yet some garment items stay in fashion forever.

It's like nothing looks ridiculous if it's in fashion. As soon as it goes out of fashion people will laugh at you. I bet if hopping on one leg became popular and trendy, people will judge you if you're seen walking normally like humans have been walking like for the last 2,000 years or so.

must agree ... but still not liking nt people. but my reasos are quite abit more intrinsic . :idea:

where ever you go ,there you are

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2020, 8:30 pm

Actually I don't mind about fashion style. For me the clothes only serve to keep you from being naked with the "exposed shame" and to keep warm.

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2020, 8:32 pm

My mom just bothered me again. Damn NT's.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 8:39 pm

Gabriel5455 wrote:
My mom just bothered me again. Damn NT's.

loooooolzzz............ infernal diversions .

where ever you go ,there you are

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 4:33 am

Joe90 wrote:

Then all of a sudden people stopped wearing them, and I felt like the only one wearing one. So then I had to give up wearing my favourite winter hat and wear a different one that's more fashionable, although I keep the old one in the hope that the trend will return.

It's like nothing looks ridiculous if it's in fashion. As soon as it goes out of fashion people will laugh at you. I bet if hopping on one leg became popular and trendy, people will judge you if you're seen walking normally like humans have been walking like for the last 3,000 years or so.

You're seriously saying you can only wear your favorite hat if thousands of other people are wearing it? It sounds like you're the one with the problem, not the NTs. Just ignore their stupid fashion trends and wear what you like.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2020, 3:26 pm

As a NT I personally don't dislike people with AS or bothered by them I am on the site because i care and want to provide a NT view point to questions when possible.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 6:00 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

You're seriously saying you can only wear your favorite hat if thousands of other people are wearing it? It sounds like you're the one with the problem, not the NTs. Just ignore their stupid fashion trends and wear what you like.

How am I the one with the problem? If I wear something that isn't trendy, people will stare and even laugh, and I'm the one with the problem? NTs can't handle anyone that's dressed differently to their expectations, and I hate being stared and laughed at.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 6:05 pm

I would say most people above about age 30 don't follow fashion trends too much. It's more likely that they'll wear what's comfortable.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 6:26 pm

But unless you're a kid or an elder, people will judge you for what you wear when you go out in public. And it's no good saying "well if they stare or laugh then that's their problem", because I've just been told in this thread that I'm the one with the problem. Excuse me for having social anxiety.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 6:30 pm

I don't think you have a "problem."

I just feel like you don't realize how much people really don't care about other people while they are in public. People usually have tunnel vision---and they really don't notice someone, unless they're a raving lunatic.

The time when people really care about fashion is around high school age. And, perhaps, if you go out "clubbing." People "out clubbing" tend to care about what others people are wearing. People in the shops/stores want to do their shopping, and get out. They really don't care about the appearance of other people.

That's been my experience.

AspieGuyPerson
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2020, 6:32 pm

I agree Gabriel. Also you'll start talking to an NT and you'll think they're listening and your friend and the next moment they'll make an excuse to quickly walk away, or they just upright make fun of you. Also, you tell them you have autism, and they get all quiet, and try to leave as soon as possible. It's annoying, and their social rules are confusing.

And yeah, fashion trends are stupid. Like one day they'll be wearing this weird t-shirt, you buy one, you like it, and the next week they're like "why are you wearing that stupid shirt?"

Most NTs are ridiculous.

But at least most adults (the ones most likely to be out shopping) are cool. One time I rode the escalator backwards for fun, and an adult was like "is it fun?" and then did it too. They were cool.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 7:06 pm

Where I live people are very judgemental, and they're not afraid to show it to your face. I understand people can have opinions but I wish they would keep them to themselves until I am at least out of earshot, because it makes me feel self-conscious.

One time on a cold day (a few years ago) I had just walked into a library and there were couple of older men (probably in their 60s) standing near the door, and I heard one of them say, "look at her stupid hat!" And I knew they were referring to me, because there was nobody else around and I was wearing the hat I mentioned in my other post, when it had just gone out of fashion. If they didn't like my hat why didn't they just wait until I had gone to say anything? Why did they notice so much anyway? Why would it matter so much to two grown men what a youngster is wearing on her head?

Also one time I was at work at my old job, which was rather physical and in a hot environment. During my lunch hour I wanted to go across the street to a small store to buy some lunch, but I was so hot that I didn't bother putting on a coat, so I just went out in a T-shirt. The weather wasn't even that cold, but every person that I passed gave me funny looks just because I was wearing a T-shirt on a cool, but not cold, day.

See, people notice everything. People look at each other. I don't look at them, but I see (and feel) their gaze in my periphery. I've been pointed and laughed at even, in a store or restaurant or in the street, and I just hate it. I wish people did just worry about themselves and their own lives, instead of noticing every little detail of a stranger they'll never see again.

AspieGuyPerson
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2020, 8:04 pm

Maybe they're just jealous of your self-expression and wish that they, too, could have the guts to wear something different from the norm, and they admire you, they just don't know how to express it, so they just are mean.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 7:56 am

Gabriel5455 wrote:
I've just officialized a war between Neurotypicals vs. Autistic/Aspies. If we could we could even create a nation, flag and anthem of our own and with our real identity. Let us make a revolution!!

Viva la revolution?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 1:29 pm

AspieGuyPerson wrote:
Maybe they're just jealous of your self-expression and wish that they, too, could have the guts to wear something different from the norm, and they admire you, they just don't know how to express it, so they just are mean.

It's good that you have such a positive view on this but I've had too many unpleasant experiences with people to the point where I don't trust people (as in I believe that some people are just insensitive and nasty). I just get mad about it because it makes me feel invalidated. I understand people being more complex when you know them (as I've come across as mean to someone before when just jealous, not mean enough to really hurt their feelings though), but I don't expect it from strangers. I don't think strangers should judge people they don't know. They should mind their own business.