Anybody received face-to-face advice while posting to WP?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 2:07 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
... I'm asking, "can two heads be better than one?" - that is enlisting advice on how to structure a WP posts - esp. if it's a person who has some acquaintance with AS/HFA.
No, and it is not necessary. I am smart enough to know what I want to post and how to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation as well. One of my skills is technical writing, and I have to actually dumb down my usual style in order to be understood here.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 2:33 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:
From my own experience, I usually post without seeking advice; yet occasionally, it's necessary to seek advice from an acquaintance aware of AS/HFA.

To augment the original discussion thread: How have acquaintances / friendships been shaped by awareness of AS/HFA, and.......WP?

How many educate acquaintances on AS/HFA and WP? Have acquaintances brought their awareness of AS/HFA and WP "to the table?"

Have one offline real life friend whom I talk about Wrongplanet with occasionally. That's the only person in my non WP life whom Ive mentioned the site by name to.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 3:08 pm

I've never asked for anyone I know in-person to advise me regarding posts on WP.

But I can see how asking for such advice might be a good idea for those of us who have difficulty expressing their thoughts in writing.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 7:50 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
I've never asked for anyone I know in-person to advise me regarding posts on WP.

But I can see how asking for such advice might be a good idea for those of us who have difficulty expressing their thoughts in writing.

Yes! I find it's sometimes necessary to seek advice on those concerns which might be difficult to put to written words - as well as those specific concerns which others often find elusive to understand (even when such concerns have thoughtfully been put to words).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2020, 1:17 pm

hmmm..

Some autistics have difficulty speaking, but write text with ease.

So I suppose that some autistics could be the opposite.