Is it just me or is anyone else picky about clothes?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

INTJ185
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2020, 7:27 pm

I have, from time to time, modified my store-bought clothes to suit my taste. I would usually add pocket flaps, velcro closures, and vest pockets in jackets where they hadn't been.

People would ask me where I got my jeans with pockets on the thigh (my adaptation...borrowed from the military). Then cargo pants (long and short) came into being and my pants, at least, are much more functional. I also like the three-button pullover shirt so I don't have anything touching near my throat and the stretchy cotton they're made of is great (even though I buy a size larger).

My only recent dilemma is the sudden rarity of flat soled, white, leather tennis shoes. For some reason they're hard to find and, when I do, they're much more expensive that trainers/joggers.

But, secretly, I think I would be right at home wearing something like for a gathering of the Society for Creative Anachronism.

[Edit: Oh, and yeah, no words, no logos, earth tones, dark colours and shades, nothing that draws attention.]

GameCube
Raven
Raven

03 Aug 2020, 12:14 am

I have always been really picky with clothes. Whenever I find something I really like in the store I will buy more than one. For most of my life I have been wearing relaxed fit jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, and sneakers.

I don't like how I can't wear comfortable clothes to work. I find most work clothes are made of uncomfortable material and the sleeves on the shirts are weird. I also hate buying work shoes most are flat, hard, and uncomfortable even with added insoles I find work shoes unbearable.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 12:27 am

I Woudln't say i'm extremely picky about clothing. But I tend to get really attached to my favorite clothes. To the point where I'll only where said clothing. I tend to either like things skintight or loose. I'm super particular about socks. I bascially can't wear socks longer than the ankle. My favorite shirts tend to be ones with graphics on them that are built into the fabric and are kinda stretchy but not stretchy. I'm bad at descriptions. So I'ma post a picture of the shirt in question. Image