Would you wear Aspie clothing in public...

Page 2 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 2:21 pm

Sure I'd wear it - that is, if I knew for sure that I actually had AS.

~Steve Jobs

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 2:32 pm

hmmm. and I thought this thread was about wearing lousy looking clothing that we like, but others would not be caught dead in!

I don't know if I would ever wear such a shirt.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 3:39 pm

have to say that my favourite t-shirt is my "Neighbourhood Witch" one, though.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 3:42 pm

I don't tell anyone so I wouldn't wear clothes that tell it.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 3:53 pm

At the risk of appearing totally clueless...

Why "whirled peas"? I get the pun on "world peace," but for what purpose? I mean, why would you want a teeshirt or button that says "whirled peas"? The peas in the logo look whole enough to me. Maybe some green smear across the logo would be more appropriate...

OK, I admit it... totally clueless...

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 4:35 pm

Most of the AS shirts are good for an inside joke, IMO, and wouldn't make any sense to the rest of the world. If I ever finish my MCSE cert :roll: (not going well) and find a hospitable job environment, then I think that some sort of AS/ASD memorabilia might be in order.

jman wrote:
I was actually considering to WP bumpersticker since alot of folks think autisitic folks are stupid and aren't capable of anything. They see one driving, they'll be like "wow cool, I didn't an aspergers person could drive"

I wouldn't do that if I were you. If you get into an accident, people could try to use AS against you to try and save their own skin. It could also make you look like a promising target for insurance fraud rings too.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 5:06 pm

I use Autistic Liberation Front stickers or pins. It's already proclaimed to the world in my mannerisms that something is different, so they might as well know what.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 5:07 pm

duncvis wrote:
What the heck does 4:20 signify? Just curious.

4:20 signifies 'juana. Not endorsing or anything but here's a link with way too much more than anyone should know. http://www.concept420.com/what-is-420.htm

ed
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 5:16 pm

(4:20 is my favorite time of day) :lol:

ed
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 5:25 pm

oh yeah, the topic is wearing AS clothing... :oops:

I have the WP clock on the wall of my room at work. The bumper sticker isn't going on my car just yet, in order not to associate WP with the vitriolic bumper stickers already there.

I don't wear t-shirts much, I look stupid in them. But a collared shirt, like a golf shirt, but with a pocket for my iPod/4:20 stuff :lol: would be cool. I like people knowing that I have AS, explains why I'm so weird, and unsociable.

PrinCessChrisTinA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2005, 5:32 pm

I like the blue and pink T-shirts!

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2005, 5:39 pm

What about the wrist bands a'la "LIVESTRONG" for Lance Armstrong's testicular cancer. I've heard of doing Orange for Apergers, but all I've seen available were made of string.

I totally dig the WP T-Shirts...they look good in 420 mode, too.

I especially like "I've been good, can I go home now!"

and "Autism Rocks"

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2005, 5:41 pm

But, then again, Ed's T-Shirt is really nice. My favorite color is multi.

monastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 6:30 pm

Cindy wrote:

Quote:
At the risk of appearing totally clueless...

Why "whirled peas"? I get the pun on "world peace," but for what purpose? I mean, why would you want a teeshirt or button that says "whirled peas"? The peas in the logo look whole enough to me.

No Cindy you are not clueless. To be honest, I aquired this domain name over a year ago and did this long before I thought of turning it into a autism advocacy site. I just liked the catchy name. I have other domain names that I haven't done anything with yet.
It's just another one of my many obsessions, I guess. So my answer is "It's purpose is there is no purpose" - As for why would you want a teeshirt or button that says "whirled peas"? My answer is obviously - you would not.

If anyone cares:The proceeds will go to a worthy cause (other autism websites, such as WP and Autistics.org) for what it's worth. We all should do what we can to help our community.

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 7:11 pm

monastic wrote:
No Cindy you are not clueless. To be honest, I aquired this domain name over a year ago and did this long before I thought of turning it into a autism advocacy site. I just liked the catchy name. I have other domain names that I haven't done anything with yet.
It's just another one of my many obsessions, I guess. So my answer is "It's purpose is there is no purpose" - As for why would you want a teeshirt or button that says "whirled peas"? My answer is obviously - you would not.

If anyone cares:The proceeds will go to a worthy cause (other autism websites, such as WP and Autistics.org) for what it's worth. We all should do what we can to help our community.

:D OK, thanks!

computerwidow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2005, 7:14 pm

I wouldn't wear obvious aspie logos or slogans in public. Too many people out there are just looking for someone to discriminate against, for an artificial boost to their own self esteem, and I don't want to make myself too easy a target.

But I would wear a more subtle symbol on a t-shirt, something that would help us recognize each other without waving a red (or orange :wink: ) flag to the rest of the world. Perhaps the logo could be a planet with an orange ring around it, no words necessary. Anyone who didn't know would think it was just a pretty picture...