The true cause of Autism...Mercury exposure?!?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

notboston
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2024, 11:08 am

My parents were very young but my mom had PCOS, which raises in utero testosterone, which can also be a risk factor for having a child with ASD.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 11:11 am

Typical ablist, anti-autistic fear mongering. With plenty of bold letters, too.

Besides, everybody knows autism is really a punishment from God for not believing prayer can cure anything./s :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 8:28 pm

Never confuse possibility with certainty, as the mere fact that something may be possible does not make it certain.

To claim something plausible (e.g., believable) as actual is to commit an error of faith, and faith proves nothing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 11:18 pm

To me, autism is having a larger brain and a unique way of looking at the world.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 2:26 am

I'm one of twins. I'm autistic but my twin isn't. I have a mild form of spina bifida which is now known to be caused by a folate deficiency in the mother. My twin doesn't have spina bifida. My mum was 30 when she had us.

Off topic: After I read Mountain Goat's post I noticed the edit was done by him on February the 31st, 2026 and it was edited 126 times.

Sorry if this is a well-known site anomaly that I've just noticed.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 3:20 am

Off Topic
renaeden wrote:
Off topic: After I read Mountain Goat's post I noticed the edit was done by him on February the 31st, 2026 and it was edited 126 times.

It's a gag signature. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 8:13 am

renaeden wrote:
I'm one of twins. I'm autistic but my twin isn't. I have a mild form of spina bifida which is now known to be caused by a folate deficiency in the mother. My twin doesn't have spina bifida. My mum was 30 when she had us.

=

My daughter and I have that too. I needed surgery to correct the hole in my back. Some autistic people can't take Folic Acid and require Methylfolate in order to prevent it from happening. I think that's what happened during my pregnancy with my daughter because prenatal vitamins have FA rather than MF. It's interesting that it didn't affect your twin.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 8:52 am

bee33 wrote:
It seems very unlikely that autism is caused by exposure to mercury, testosterone, or smoking while in the womb. This is something that would have been figured out already if it was the case.

Yep, mercury and smoking while pregnant are a lot less common these days than they were, but the rates are up. The epidemic of missed diagnoses would have to be substantially worse by multiple orders of magnitude if those things caused any sort of significant amounts of autism.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 4:25 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I just watched a video where they talked about oral health and preventing cancer

This video was VERY eye-opening and all health problems like cancer, dementia and neurological disorders like Autism can be traced back to one source...high levels of mercury exposure!! !

Meaning that people with Autism must have had mercury in the placenta or amniotic sac while they were incubating in the womb

They also mentioned high concentration of testosterone as a factor as well

Me and my brother are Autistic

Yet both of my parents are/were not

How is this possible?

If we didn't inherit Autism from our parents...then the only possible way to explain it is we were both exposed to high levels of mercury and testosterone while our mom was pregnant

From her cigarette smoke!! !

What do you guys think?
Don't believe everything you see

Wreck It Ralph

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 7:57 pm

The alleged mercury-autism link was fully debunked when Wakefield's claims were found to be fraudulent.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 9:47 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Off Topic
renaeden wrote:

It's a gag signature. :lol:
Thank you, Edna. I feel a bit foolish now!

Isabella, it's interesting that both you and your daughter have spina bifida. In my case it's just below my neck. I don't know how it would have affected me if it were a more severe type.

My twin had to have occupational therapy when she was 6 years old because her gross and fine motor skills were not up to that of her peers. I had the same problem but it was all put down to my bad eyesight.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 10:03 pm

Ours is in the tailbone. Mine developed a big hole you could stick your finger in, and it got infected. My daughter's isn't as severe and didn't need fixed. My son doesn't have it at all.

Do you know about taking bioavailable Methylfolate instead of Folic Acid? FA is added to bread and all sorts of food products but it's the synthetic version of folate, meaning people with this genetic difference can't properly metabolize it and it can actually hurt them over time. I don't know if my mother had the problem and I got it from her in utero or if my own genetic code did it spontaneously, but I assume my daughter got it from me.

I can't do nitrous oxide either. My body can't metabolize it just like FA.

Fun fact - I also have a hole in my heart, three ureters, a tongue tie, and a congenital liver condition.
My grandmother had three boobs.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 7:04 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Ours is in the tailbone. Mine developed a big hole you could stick your finger in, and it got infected. My daughter's isn't as severe and didn't need fixed. My son doesn't have it at all.

Do you know about taking bioavailable Methylfolate instead of Folic Acid? FA is added to bread and all sorts of food products but it's the synthetic version of folate, meaning people with this genetic difference can't properly metabolize it and it can actually hurt them over time. I don't know if my mother had the problem and I got it from her in utero or if my own genetic code did it spontaneously, but I assume my daughter got it from me.

I can't do nitrous oxide either. My body can't metabolize it just like FA.

Fun fact - I also have a hole in my heart, three ureters, a tongue tie, and a congenital liver condition.
My grandmother had three boobs.
That is really fascinating. About the boobs, As far as I remember, humans actually have six spots for mammillary glands to grow. Some people actually develop nipples or full breasts in more than two. I even saw a medical picture of a man who had all six nipples. I don't know why humans dropped down to two. But having multiple breasts is definitely not unheard of.

Your other conditions are so interesting. I definitely want to learn more about them. I know that tongue tie is pretty common. My friend's oldest daughter was born with a tongue tie and the midwife was able to snip it in order to loosen the tongue because the baby was not able to suckle properly.

Wreck It Ralph

notboston
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jul 2024, 9:35 am

Fnord wrote:
The alleged mercury-autism link was fully debunked when Wakefield's claims were found to be fraudulent.

Not to mention it’s one of the most widely debunked medical claims, ever. There have been so many reviews of mercury exposure and absolutely none of them show even a correlation between ASD and heavy metals.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 9:45 am

I'm sure I got my autistic traits from my Mom's side, as I clearly saw it in her side of the family.
An aunt that because a seamstress. Uncle became a medical technician. Another uncle was an airplane mechanic.

No social interaction. Plenty of attention to detail. Importance of getting things right.
I have an amazing quilt that my aunt sewed out of scraps of fabric.