Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ShwaggyD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2024, 5:15 pm

Hmmm, very interesting question. Most times no, I do not need people in my life. I like having a few people in my life who I can rely on if needed and who can rely on me, but I don't need or want them around 24 hours a day. I need my alone time. I've learned to manage for myself for the most part in my life, at least for now, so really don't need or want any people in my life for that right now.

That being said I do like having a few people around sometimes; especially if we share common interests or adventure styles. I love being alone but can and sometimes do get lonely. I walk down the local river walk every day and visit the food co-op to satisfy the need for social interaction. That way I can leave when I've had enough.

Honestly I prefer the companionship of animals, especially dogs, over humans. Their love is unconditional if you treat them with kindness.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 5:22 pm

Yes, I do. My life is immeasurably better when I have people around me on a regular basis.

I don't need a partner, but family and friends are important to me.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 5:22 pm

Most of the time, when I'm with people I wish I wasn't. But if I spend too much time alone I go a bit mental.

So yes. I need people in my life. And dogs. But they're just hairy people as far as I'm concerned.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 5:48 pm

^^^
Yea verily.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 5:56 pm

No, but I want a select few.

rednait
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2024, 7:43 am

I spent quite awhile being the the little sadboy convinced no one would ever love him because he's just too different. This led to me craving that attention and affection and needing someone else around kind of like how OP describes.

That's mostly changed by now and I've got a great family. But now I've gone from being underexposed to overexposed. I definitely need these people around but nowhere near the extent I did before. I do miss being able to make decisions without external input.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 8:41 am

Yes i do. I also struggle with a lot of things like taxes, household management, buying things etc. I feel like i lack common sense

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 3:06 pm

Id allways been fine on my own, but could have used some help when I had a period of mental issues; mostly to do with the acuisition of more food than I could eat in a year, which with the deteriation of my health, is goinng to be hard to shift, before they put me in a home of some sort. Currently hospitalised, and not very mobile, I need help with some things, and tr:y not to resent it: its a bit of a laugh having my nappie changed each evening; I could do it myself but Im happy to let them do the clean up. Some proactive help with little things like buying writing materials, SUDOKU indegestion tablets, and somrthing to spice up the food, would be appreciated.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 5:34 am

Hmm I don't think I NEED them but I want them. :) I'm fairly independent and like solving problems. But having help and someone to talk to sure feel very nice. I also need body contact. When I was little I made it a family rule that everyone in my family had to hug and kiss me at least once a day. I do the same to my own family nowadays. :)

If one can be happy by themselves that's probably the best. Putting your happiness in other people's hands can feel rather unstable and dangerous.

rednait
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2024, 12:26 pm

y-pod wrote:
Hmm I don't think I NEED them but I want them. :) I'm fairly independent and like solving problems. But having help and someone to talk to sure feel very nice. I also need body contact. When I was little I made it a family rule that everyone in my family had to hug and kiss me at least once a day. I do the same to my own family nowadays. :)

If one can be happy by themselves that's probably the best. Putting your happiness in other people's hands can feel rather unstable and dangerous.

Ooh yes physical touch. I did not realize how much I needed this until I was out on my own. Time is still my number one priority but boy physical contact is a pretty close second. I definitely need people for that.

arjen37
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2024, 3:06 pm

I have mixed feelings about this.

I can be alone for long times without getting lonely. On the other hand I do miss a soul mate for sure. But letting someone in my life every day would be a huge step to do so again.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2024, 9:26 pm

Usually, no. I like my time alone. I can go months without seeing specific friends, and that's fine with me. My partner is the same. But we both want to spend a lot of time with each other. So we're quite compatible in this way.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2024, 12:26 am

bee33 wrote:
My relationship style is to be glued together at all times. That's what I would like. But my boyfriend is more independent, and also, right now, I am so sick with my chronic fatigue that I feel I would not be able to be present for him even if he wanted to be with me all the time. I don't even feel that I can bring it up with him. He is very lovely and I'm lucky, I'm not complaining.

tell him, hopefully he would understand & be patience with you, you can always text him or video chat.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2024, 6:44 am

just a few good ones.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

pokeystinker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2024, 4:03 am

I rather wish I didn't. Would love to learn how to be a socio-emotional hermit.

(GENESIS)

LittleBeach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2024, 8:50 am

I need people because I have very few practical skills or common sense to deal with adult problems such as taxes and house repairs. I also get jumpy and scared if I am in a house by myself. Luckily I have a great boyfriend who I live with.

But in an emotional sense I seem to need human contact quite a bit less than average. I think some childhood bad experiences led to me pushing people away and becoming quite avoidant.