do you have high or low self-esteem?
high self-esteem 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
low self-esteem 71%  71%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 42

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 9:08 am

I would classify myself somewhere in the middle. My self-confidence (I won't use the word "esteem," because esteem is how others see and perceive you) is high at work because I am suited to the particular tasks I perform. What brings down my confidence is the many things I haven't done yet. I intend to begin working on them next year.

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:03 am

I have always had low self esteem. When I was a kid I thought I was dumb because I didn't do well in school and was slow to process information. Now I realize that I'm actually intelligent, I just have learning disabilities and delays in processing verbal information. I still have low self esteem though.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 12:13 pm

Apparantly it's high 68% of the time... according to a test lol. :lol:
hmm... I swing a lot.

quirky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2007, 1:04 pm

I am secure in who I am - I hate being phony. But at the same time, I'm very frustrated with my lack of social skills etc. I like myself in general, but I don't like who I portray to others - I get too awkward and nervous to really convey my true self.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

02 Nov 2007, 8:17 pm

I voted high. I'm a rather peculiar mix of phenomenal gifts and tragic flaws. The gifts are nice, but the flaws can really trip me up if I'm not careful. Despite the flaws, I've led a rather successful life; I'm a valued employee at a great company, I consider myself to be a great dad, and I find great joy in trying to help out my fellow creatures as best I can. My esteem is high because I constantly battle my flaws to achieve my success, and I think this makes me someone of great worth; I could have turned out to be someone very different, and not in a good way...

But I'm also very lucky. If I had any fewer gifts, or any more flaws, I'd probably be screwed; for as it stands now, my battle is a hard one, though I do have things mostly under control. And outside of myself, life seems to have presented me with good opportunities to succeed; and all the talent and skill in the world is worthless without the opportunity to use them. I've been strangely in the right place at the right time many times in my life. Which is why I'm a great believer both in luck, and in following one's dreams...

But I see the lows are winning by about 2:1. :(

Good fortune,

- Icarus loves Lady Luck...

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 8:30 pm

I'll actually say that I have high self esteem. My problems are pretty much other people's fault, and I can be egotistical in my own way.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 8:34 pm

Before i entered 6th grade,i had pretty good self esteem for the most part,than began changing in 6th grade,but it really began dipping 7th and 8th grade,and its still mostly low,it even got to the point where i cutted myself (On my let arm) and even ran away from home (For a few hours) though those things where more recent.

machinex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2007, 10:07 pm

I had high self esteem to begin with, but by maybe 5th grade, I began to understand something was seriously wrong with me... plus I had an abusive stepmother from hell who seriously considered sending me to something like military school. My self esteem dropped like a rock until late high school, when I let go of it, and more or less blamed everyone else rather than myself for problems. I appeared like I had high self esteem and a big ego... but it was pretty shaky.

These days I would consider myself as having high self esteem. I say that more because I am not depressed or any of that, and I have a good understanding of what I'm good at and what I stink at ;). Certainly nothing like the arrogance I once had though...

Lortiz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2007, 11:16 am

I have both. Socially and phyiscally, I have low self esteem. When it comes to ambition, academics, and talent ,I have high self esteem.