Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 2:59 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
I hope someday someone will invent a magic pill, and that it won't be too expensive, to "cure" inertia.

It's called speed ;)

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 4:05 pm

KristaMeth wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:
I hope someday someone will invent a magic pill, and that it won't be too expensive, to "cure" inertia.

It's called speed ;)

LOL! I'll remember that!

(Though caffeine works fine...)

bassackward
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2007, 5:21 pm

I have this problem. It's getting me in trouble with one of my classes, because I have a term paper past due and I can't seem to get started. :\

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Nov 2007, 5:21 am

ouinon wrote:
...the trouble is that am always deconstructing, dismantling, existing systems/structures, disintegrating the apparent "have-to"s etc, and then finding myself with no convincing reason to do anything, ( except minimum of motherhood and basic physical needs etc );when i was younger there were still structures which propped me up, but as time's passed i have demolished more and more of them, " seen through" them, dismissed them , and am now without anything but the bare min for getting by. I trashed most of the reasons most people do things. How to reconvince myself that there is a point to doing this or that?

Was wondering whether actually it is the other way round; whether i have, in typically aspie style of bringing logic to a situation, rationalised my inertia, its sheer illogicality when need to get things done, by dismantling, removing, any reason why in fact i SHOULD be doing anything. Espousing all reasonable arguments for doing nothing ( there is no point because ... etc) because otherwise my own unsurmountable inertia is too illogical to bear.
It was too extreme a cognitive dissonance to live with, and so i found a way to make it alright ( less awful) ; "there is no point in doing most things anyway !". 8O
If i wasn't so disabled by inertia i might feel very differently about most things ???! ! :? :oops: :?:

PS: so actually i HAVE already been "dealing with" my inertia, by justifying it, making it seem less appalling. Disguising it to myself and (some) others. But it doesn't work all the time. I see the tip of the iceberg, some of the things i really should/could be doing if didn't have this. And it hurts.

8)

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2007, 9:24 pm

Ugh, that's so me...

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2007, 11:09 pm

The things I can ignore, walk around, Oh! The horror of it all, then in bursts when I need the space for new piles, it all gets moved. New task leaves a mess, which sits.

If it is not in my way, it does not exist.

Somehow I get my work out on time.

I seem to live a month in my future well,

Today is becoming yesterday quickly,

Then I am up and dressed and out doing a lot in a day, then may stay home for weeks.

I am not manic or depressed, just bored.

Sometimes I work intensely for weeks, months, every waking hour,

I goof off just as well.