Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 6:43 am

It IS an autistic trait. I just wish EVERY autistic had the memory like some of the great ones here. My long term memory is pretty good, but it is like my vision isn't THAT great. Specifics in visual, and even some audible are obscured. I WISH my very short term memory was that great. The way some of you talk, maybe you can dethrone dominic, and you could make a LOT of money for little effort.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 6:52 am

Picture perfect [when it actually gets through the shell]. I'm...the absent minded professor (I remember what I want to in other words).

It's one part of my cognitive functioning that's not affected (the complete opposite in reality).

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Nov 2007, 7:23 am

I have always had an excellent memory of the long term very detailed, going back till about age 2-3. Hell I can even give dates and times sometimes.

Short term is a little more tricky, I dont retain numbers and names well. I have always beleived one of the best things about my condition was my memory of childhood, I hope those memories never go away and I know I will never be as happy as I was, looking back.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 7:39 am

I remember stuff that happened when I was 2 years (I have many memories with the dog we had then), but I often forget where I put my credit card, my keys and so on.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2007, 9:42 am

I have an excellent memory. The problem is that I don't always pay enough attention to remember later on. :oops: I'm so spacey sometimes, I can't remember what someone told me five minutes ago, but usually people are surprised at my long-term memory in particular.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 9:52 am

My memory is like swiss cheese... the stuff I remember is solid down to the greatest level of detail, but it still has a lot of holes in it...

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2007, 10:29 am

I have quite a good memory but a lot of the time it seems that it is only good for completely random and useless information.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:29 pm

bheid wrote:
My long term memory erases itself after about five years (for very good reason). My short term memory is excelent.

Interesting, why is that? I don't have a clear long term memory at all, there is not much I remember from five years ago. I can't remember anything before around 7-8.

My short term memory is not great. I seem to remember random things. I don't even know where they came from some time. Recall on demand is poor. I would say I have a random, lateral, abstract way of thinking.

bassackward
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2007, 12:40 pm

My memory is average, but it seems to be more of a snapshot sort of thing than remembering a bunch of events that happened in a certain period. I have quite a few vivid memories, almost photographic in clarity. At the same time, I have huge blank spots. I can remember names, numbers, music, but I can't memorize the lyrics to a song, I have trouble recognizing people that I've known for a long time, I have periods of my life where I can't tell you if anything interesting happened, etc...

27 Nov 2007, 12:55 pm

Lot of people say I have a good memory because I know facts about my favorite things and good with remembering dates but my memory feels foggy. I don't remember everything people tell me and I tend to forget what people said. I suck with remembering what people look like. I can remember all my times I been to Spokane by myself and with my bf and what days I have eaten at Fergusons where Benny & Joon was filmed. I have only had lunch there twice and the rest was breakfast. I know how many times I have eaten there too. I can remember my last boyfriends birthdays and I remember when Jeff's friend's b day is. I know all of Gary's kids b days.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:56 pm

My memory is quite good as i can remember tings bk 10-15 years ago n i could remember certian tings i used 2 do in me spare tym such as outings n remembering da car park where my mum used 2 park her car in a particular space or so.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:58 pm

I have a very photographic memory. I've considered doing drawings and paintings of things that I remember.

dorkynorky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2007, 2:47 pm

Long term memory good. Short term memory used to be excellent. I could remember everything I had done, every place I had been for the previous hour. I have a seizure disorder and the Keppra that I started taking a few years ago did my short term memory in. However, it had a positive? side effect that I went from being an individual that processed everything internally to being someone who actually wanted to talk things out with others.

Henry874
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2007, 3:02 pm

My memory is a functioning tape recorder. I can remember almost anything I see. Dates, not really, but anything my eyes come into contact with I seem to register in my head automatically. My long-term is slightly better than my short-term, but they're both fantastic.