Yes 77%  77%  [ 43 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 56

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2007, 4:54 pm

I wish I could really lucid dream.

I lucid dream to the extent that I am fuzzily conscious of whats going on in the dream, but I have no control over the actual dream.

Then theres the times that I actually start to lucid dream(i realize i'm in a dream) and then i wake up like 20 seconds later :(

Then theres the time that a shadow person was trying to get to me in a dream, I forced myself awake but i was paralyzed...and couldn't keep my eyes open. i kept falling back into the dream.

Funny thing about that though, is that the dream seemed to progress even when i was "in my bed" trying to keep my eyes open. When I had to succumb to closing my eyes and going back into the dream every few seconds it seemed to, as I said, have progressed some more.

Eventually I was able to go back into the dream and the shadow person had left. :roll:

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2007, 5:00 pm

I have had at least one lucid dream.
Not only was I aware that I was dreaming, but I was also trying to interpret the meaning of the dream as it was happening.

SamW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2007, 5:24 pm

I've had a lot of Lucid Dreams, 'cos I tend to get really bad dreams, I'm controlling myself, yeah, but I always dream that someone's being horrible to me, or trying to kill me... And sometimes I'm yelling in my dream "Wake up wake up wake up!" and then I get woken up by the sound of my own voice in reality going "Wake up wake up wake up!" which is kinda weird.... I get really weird dreams, as a kid, they would've been nightmares, but now I guess I'm used to 'em.
One of the better ones was when I did get complete control over it, and I made my own kingdom, and I had a castle and everything, lol. I've always known my dreams aren't real, I can just always control myself in them.

gcduffy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2007, 6:32 pm

Hey, I've heard that lucid dreaming is a really cool way for people to resolve tension and frustration in there waking lives. I'm not sure whether my brother actually has them or not yet, but he sure describes some weird dreams every so often.

I found a great site about how to lucid dream here:

http://howtoluciddream.wordpress.com/

It might be worth a read if your interested in learning how to do it better

SamW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2007, 6:43 pm

gcduffy wrote:
Hey, I've heard that lucid dreaming is a really cool way for people to resolve tension and frustration in there waking lives. I'm not sure whether my brother actually has them or not yet, but he sure describes some weird dreams every so often.

I'd rather not be able to lucid dream to be honest. I control me in the dreams, and for the most part everything else as well, but then something goes wrong, and the dream gets violent, or just plain weird, (either people trying to kill me, threats of falling into grinders, everyone being robots and destroying the world, or UFOs) and I'm woken up by me saying "Wake up!"...
Even if I could do it properly, I prefer reality, because, erm, it's real... And I like letting my dreams have free reign sometimes anyway, I'm a songwriter, and my dreams, though messed up, have inspired a fair few lyrics to songs that I wouldn't have gotten if I'd controlled the dream myself.
What I'm trying to say is, dreams are the brains way of expressing itself, and compiling a weird film of things it's experienced or thought during the day, so why stop it from being creative by steering it your own way? I know people are gonna disagree with me on this, and I ain't gonna argue with you, 'cos it's purely a matter of opinion, and most other people don't need their dreams to inspire lyrics and songs.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 6:57 pm

SamW wrote:
gcduffy wrote:

I'd rather not be able to lucid dream to be honest. I control me in the dreams, and for the most part everything else as well, but then something goes wrong, and the dream gets violent, or just plain weird, (either people trying to kill me, threats of falling into grinders, everyone being robots and destroying the world, or UFOs) and I'm woken up by me saying "Wake up!"...
Even if I could do it properly, I prefer reality, because, erm, it's real... And I like letting my dreams have free reign sometimes anyway, I'm a songwriter, and my dreams, though messed up, have inspired a fair few lyrics to songs that I wouldn't have gotten if I'd controlled the dream myself.
What I'm trying to say is, dreams are th brains way of expressing itself, and compiling a weird film of things it's experienced or thought during the day, so why stop it from being creative by steering it your own way? I know people are gonna disagree with me on this, and I ain't gonna argue with you, 'cos it's purely a matter of opinion, and most other people don't need their dreams to inspire lyrics and songs.

Lucid dreaming can be interesting, but I also had some drawbacks. I only have a nightmare every three or four years. It's hard to be scared when you know you're dreaming. I feel strange not having them. Lucid dreaming isn't your normal sleep, so I would end up physically and mentally exhausted on a daily basis.

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2007, 7:03 pm

I have lucid dreams all the time.

(that is, so as to leave no doubt, when I'm sleeping)

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 10:10 pm

I lucid dream regularly. My dreams are complex. They include all 5 senses as well as detailed locations and characters to interact with. It's like real life, but more exciting. I have a lot of control of them, within the circumstances created by the dream.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 10:22 pm

Usually when my dream-self gets into a jam, I'm able to wake up on command, but I'm rarely able to control my dreams.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2007, 8:55 am

Glad to see so many replies. :)

I guess most of us do lucid dream, to a certain extent. Possibly more so than NTs, anyway.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 9:04 am

SamW wrote:
I've had a lot of Lucid Dreams, 'cos I tend to get really bad dreams, I'm controlling myself, yeah, but I always dream that someone's being horrible to me, or trying to kill me... And sometimes I'm yelling in my dream "Wake up wake up wake up!" and then I get woken up by the sound of my own voice in reality going "Wake up wake up wake up!" which is kinda weird.... I get really weird dreams, as a kid, they would've been nightmares, but now I guess I'm used to 'em.
One of the better ones was when I did get complete control over it, and I made my own kingdom, and I had a castle and everything, lol. I've always known my dreams aren't real, I can just always control myself in them.

most lucid dreams, like nightmares, occur outside of REM sleep

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Last edited by Sedaka on 10 Dec 2007, 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 9:07 am

i have a mode of thinking that's like lucid dreaming... like lucid daydreaming... that's when i get that blank stare and just start thinking about something so intensely, i transport into a working sccene of what im thinking about and can manipulate it.

a lot of my lucid dreams occur because im thinking about something before sleep and i dont know how... but the whole night slips away and i wake up like wtf cause i hadnt realized i fell alseep and thought i had only been thinking and doing my usual "stupor" thinking.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

10 Dec 2007, 9:12 am

I wish I could Lucid Dream (let alone dream frequently), I could get to talk to people I would normally never had the chance to. I have three at the moment.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Dec 2007, 9:15 am

I do it every once in a while. Lately I've had a few dreams that could litterally be turned into hollywood movies. They even has unexpected plot twists (like the person we though to be the villian was really the victim and the person we thought was a victim was really the villian....). I also had a dream once that was a mix of X-men, Star Wars and Final Fantasy. I had some pretty sweet powers. I also constantly have dreams that I'm driving and my breaks don't work right so I'll slow down at a stop sign or light but no matter how hard I try I can't stop. I hate those because they seam very real, and I'll even recall past dreams of that type while i'm dreaming. I'm sure you could psycho analyze those and say something like "you require control of your environment..." or something obvious like that. Anyway, that's my weird dream world. Lucid dreams are nice ones though because if I don't like something that just happened I can rewind and do it differently.

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 10:09 am

KRIZDA88 wrote:
I do it every once in a while. Lately I've had a few dreams that could litterally be turned into hollywood movies. They even has unexpected plot twists (like the person we though to be the villian was really the victim and the person we thought was a victim was really the villian....). I also had a dream once that was a mix of X-men, Star Wars and Final Fantasy. I had some pretty sweet powers. I also constantly have dreams that I'm driving and my breaks don't work right so I'll slow down at a stop sign or light but no matter how hard I try I can't stop. I hate those because they seam very real, and I'll even recall past dreams of that type while i'm dreaming. I'm sure you could psycho analyze those and say something like "you require control of your environment..." or something obvious like that. Anyway, that's my weird dream world. Lucid dreams are nice ones though because if I don't like something that just happened I can rewind and do it differently.

Write them down. At least six stories I'm working on are from my dreams.

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 12:01 pm

I voted no although I had about 3 lucid dreams in my life. I just don't know how to lucid dream. Anyway this was one of most amazing experiences for me.