Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 6:34 am

Paradise!

Is that what your head is like now or how you'd want your planet to be?

DejaQ wrote:
The land is largely intact, save for a few tidy towns and some clean cities. Quick transportation across the globe is provided by electric trains, running underground so as not to obscure the landscape, and all compartments are luxurious.

There is no money. There is no poverty. People live for the sake of life, not to acquire more and more. Every day is a celebration of the miracle of life, and no one is afraid to express themselves for fear of rejection. They are tolerant, and there is no hatred nor crime nor fighting. Everyone loves one another, and no one is afraid to show it. Life goes slow enough that people can stop to take in every sensation - anyone can stop at any moment to smell the roses. Time here has no importance.

The cities are lined with incredible artwork. Walls are adorned with all different styles of art, while diverse music plays in the streets. Large screens display fantastic theatrical productions. People read poetry and epics in the streets, drawing great crowds which become immersed in the writers' words. People's imaginations soar, and this is where they can express them for all to see.

Nature is beautiful. There are vast fields, deep forests, tall, snowy mountains, and crystal-clear lakes fed by crystal-clear streams leading to a deep blue ocean. Many people will take spiritual journeys, living off the land, occasionally meeting fellow travelers and sharing good times. The skies are always crystal, and as the sun rises and sets, beautiful patterns appear in the clouds - starting with blues and pinks, then fading into purples and oranges. The night sky is always clear, becoming a theater in which all the cosmos can be seen - constellations and nebulae and planets and galaxies - all creating a stellar light show.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 6:35 am

Just as a head's up (no pun intended), this refers to what your head is like NOW - with Asperger's - not how you'd wish it to be.........What's the landscape with AS?

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 6:42 am

It would be a highly polished landscape full of beautiful plants and the like and some rather obscure animals.

There'd also be a high concentration of lava pits and volcanoes.

Quakes would be random and unexpected.

Bizarre weather that could change from a storm to a beautiful blue sky suddenly.

Rain comes down as musical notes. :D

The wind whispers in strange musical patterns.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 6:48 am

That's so beautiful. Is that how it is now? If rain were thoughts and ideas, do they sound like musical notes?

samtoo wrote:
It would be a highly polished landscape full of beautiful plants and the like and some rather obscure animals.

There'd also be a high concentration of lava pits and volcanoes.

Quakes would be random and unexpected.

Bizarre weather that could change from a storm to a beautiful blue sky suddenly.

The wind whispers in strange musical patterns.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 10:01 am

jjstar wrote:
Paradise!

Is that what your head is like now or how you'd want your planet to be?

DejaQ wrote:
The land is largely intact, save for a few tidy towns and some clean cities. Quick transportation across the globe is provided by electric trains, running underground so as not to obscure the landscape, and all compartments are luxurious.

There is no money. There is no poverty. People live for the sake of life, not to acquire more and more. Every day is a celebration of the miracle of life, and no one is afraid to express themselves for fear of rejection. They are tolerant, and there is no hatred nor crime nor fighting. Everyone loves one another, and no one is afraid to show it. Life goes slow enough that people can stop to take in every sensation - anyone can stop at any moment to smell the roses. Time here has no importance.

The cities are lined with incredible artwork. Walls are adorned with all different styles of art, while diverse music plays in the streets. Large screens display fantastic theatrical productions. People read poetry and epics in the streets, drawing great crowds which become immersed in the writers' words. People's imaginations soar, and this is where they can express them for all to see.

Nature is beautiful. There are vast fields, deep forests, tall, snowy mountains, and crystal-clear lakes fed by crystal-clear streams leading to a deep blue ocean. Many people will take spiritual journeys, living off the land, occasionally meeting fellow travelers and sharing good times. The skies are always crystal, and as the sun rises and sets, beautiful patterns appear in the clouds - starting with blues and pinks, then fading into purples and oranges. The night sky is always clear, becoming a theater in which all the cosmos can be seen - constellations and nebulae and planets and galaxies - all creating a stellar light show.

It's basically the world that my head was made for. I don't know how it ended up in this dump. :wink:

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Dec 2007, 11:41 am

I heard a litany of reasons why I couldn't be Autistic.

Here goes:

"You're too smart"

"You're just trying to cover up the fact that you're a bit goofy and uncoordinated"

"You date too much to be Autistic"

"You make good eye contact" (That's not what my employers say)

*Gah*

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 11:49 am

DejaQ wrote:

It's basically the world that my head was made for. I don't know how it ended up in this dump. :wink:

I've often wondered that myself. But it's just appearances that are fooling us. There's a whole other reality that doesn't suck behind the facade.

livsparents
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2007, 1:52 pm

OK, I can't resist a good straight line, so self deprication is the order of the day:

My head would be the planet Uranus, because I'm such an A******

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 7:27 am

livsparents wrote:
OK, I can't resist a good straight line, so self deprication is the order of the day:

My head would be the planet Uranus, because I'm such an A******

Too bad you couldn't resist. There's something to be said about self-control, maybe it's another deficiency in AS. At any rate - I'll venture and ask - why the self-hatred?

Oh look. There's Planet Neutral and it's sending its vibes of neutrality towards this thread so it can be restored to its previous state of innocence.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 10:20 am

It would definitely be barb-wired.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 10:21 am

Beenthere wrote:
Probably Pluto...but that's not even a planet anymore. :wink:

Yeah, that really sucks. And we had to create a whole new mnemonic device. I was really enjoying "My very educated mother just served us nine pizzas".

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 10:24 am

If my head were a planet, it would be a place that was airy, with no gravity, and bubble domes, and bunnies (regular, chocolate, and robot).

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 10:48 am

My planet is large and has high gravity, to the point at which it can be difficult for a human to move.

The landscape on my planet is beautiful yet homogeneous, mostly alternating between thick forests (facts) and deep oceans (reflections). There is one special garden where each tree represents a book I've read. The garden is populated by the knowledge fairies.

Besides the knowledge fairies, there are very few other creatures on the land. A few horrible monsters roam around doing lots of damage, which is only repaired with the passage of time. The sea, however, is full of fish. I like to fish for reflections.

The plants have to grow on geothermal energy (science people: this is a metaphor, so don't start) because the atmosphere is almost impenetrable. Ice crystals permanently suspended in the upper atmosphere shroud the planet in mystery. Little information can come in or out. Observing astronomers, who can only view from the outside, believe my planet to be the most boring gas giant the universe has ever produced.