Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 7:26 am

I wear the same stuff everywhere. Same type of shorts, and the same t-shirts; I dress myself the same way every time too.

It's an ASD thingy.

Plutonian_Persona
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2008, 7:38 pm

I'm extremely picky when it comes to shopping for clothes, especially shoes.

"For nonconformity the world whips you with its displeasure": Emerson.

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2008, 7:51 pm

My mom and sister shop for me. As I can't stand clothes shopping.
But I am geeky. I like geeky clothes, and they get fashion. So it is not ideal.
It's better than going in though, and I supplement it with internet stores.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

13 Jan 2008, 10:20 pm

leew2 wrote:
I don't like shopping to clothes, mostly because I have enough clothes, I don't think I need any more. My mum however occasionally makes me buy new clothes. Some of my clothes I have had for years and I normally wear them until they fall apart or my mum throws them away. I don't understand "fashion".

I am nearly exactly the same.
My grandmother often tells me that I need to get new clothes. My current ones are fine...they fit, are in good condition...so why is there a need to get new ones?
This is something I have never understood. I don't know why people buy clothing when they already have lots that are fine to wear.
Also, as soon as a new "trend" starts....lots do it and all look very similar! There is no individuality!

Anyway...back to being a picky clothing shopper. Yes, I am a picky clothing shopper. I can't have clothing that is tight and "sticks" to my skin. I need room to move! Also, there are some fabrics that I just can't stand to wear. If people by them for me, I wont wear them and don't want to offend them. I have to choose my own clothing so this doesn't occur.
At the same time, it's hard to find a store that's not over crowded...so there fore, I don't go shopping often at all.

brfandan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2008, 11:00 pm

i am rarely ever happy with any clothing purchase i make, except for dickies pants, for years ive worn them and found no flaws. people always comment on me wearing the same kind of pants all of the time.

just last week i spent over 2 hours searching for a new winter coat, the ones i wanted were never in my size and i came out of the store regretting my purchase even though it was the best option they had for me.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 11:08 pm

Mum finds it hard buying clothes for me because nothing ever fits me. I'm overweight, and it's hard to find clothes for a teenage girl my size.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 11:22 pm

Cameo wrote:
And why do they make pants so damn long? The average female is supposed to be 5'4'', for heaven's sake!

I have the exact opposite problem. I'm 5'8 with really long legs and most pants do not fit me unless they, on a rare occasion, come in tall or extra long.

I used to get away with it by wearing jeans, which usually come in several lengths. But lately, the "low-rise" look has been en vogue. Even the "classic cut" Old Navy jeans were so low on my behind they almost fell off. What in the world do they expect a girl with a big booty to do with low-rise jeans, moon people all day? :?

merr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 9:28 pm

Nirrti: I guess that's why they started making jeans and make several brands specifically for that body type? :)

I like getting new clothes, but I dont like the act of shopping as much because usually i have to stand there and think what goes with what for a long time before I decide to buy one thing. Exhausting. Stores also sell a lot of either preppy or ghetto clothes, and I dont like either.

RandomGuy105
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2008, 2:54 am

I'm as bad as a woman when it comes to clothes shopping.

And I rarely end up buying new stuff. Other than the tags, I'm exactly like you described. :p

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 6:12 am

It's hard for me to find anything that I like (the clothes that are being sold nowadays are so ugly!) and that fits me.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 3:51 pm

I have to have stuff that matching all the time. I would freak out if my outfits don't match. I find I've adapted to shopping with crowds, mostly because the school I go to has 1400 kids, and they all seem to smush together in one hall :( I have a problem with clothes that float and touch me randomly through the day, but too tight makes me feel like I'm being suffocated. Shopping with me takes a lot of time - usually hours. My mom knows my style, size, and my obsessions, so she shops for me a lot :P

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Jan 2008, 3:54 pm

I definitely hate shopping. I learned to make my own clothes just because I hate it so much. I like vintage clothes and second hand clothes. Everything's gotta be washed several times, though, before I wear it. Just my own weirdness.

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2008, 4:46 pm

Mulligrubs wrote:
I've never really liked shopping for new clothes, mostly because they're so hard to find! (Not to mention being in a large department store is almost unbearable, ick!).

Clothes have to be the right texture, the right size, not be too tight, etc. Then of course tags are a big no-no; they drive me insane, so they get cut off as soon as I bring the clothes home.

On the other hand, the clothes I do own are all things I really like, and in some cases, have owned for years. They're comfortable, they fit me, and I'll wear them almost to the point of rags.

Any other picky clothing shoppers out there?
Don't be shy now. :D

I am definitely a picky shopper especially for clothes.

SusyQ
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2008, 9:43 pm

I don't like shopping for clothes unless I'm with someone. When I go clothes shopping alone, it takes me forever to find things that fit and that I like and then I feel like I've wasted the time.
Right now, my budget is tight so I can only buy what I absolutely need. I like to wear things out anyway, so it's not much of a problem :)

SirJoseph
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2008, 11:25 pm

im pretty effing picky about what i wear. no tags! my jeans must be slim but not tight and they must taper to the bottom, i hate bootcut i think it looks sloppy as hell, my shirts must be tight and not too long, the armholes cannot be wide, etc. i hate hate hate how baggy clothes fit and look on me. most of what i wear i bought online cause i cant find what i like in most stores

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2008, 8:30 pm

I rarely find clothes that fit well that I really like. I wear my favorite T-shirts until they stretch out at the neck and sleeves, and then I hopelessly look all over the internet to see if I can find the same thing again. Thrift stores are good about having a variety of styles, but it's really frustrating when I find something that I could actually see myself wearing but it's in the wrong size. I hate 99% of the clothes they make for girls, but I don't want to look like a boy either. I just want clothes that are comfortable, fit my tomboyish personality and are still flattering but not overly trendy. I have a real hard time finding girl shirts that arn't too short (I'm 5'9) or say something dumb like " Drama Queen" or other cutsie girl shirt phrases. Ladies shirts are usually too big and it takes just as much time sorting through all the gawdy, matronly, or overly professional stuff as it does finding something decent in jr.s. So yes, I'm very very picky and usually wear my few favorites until they are ruined. I have no concept of what's in style, I just wear what I like until it's unwearable.