Page 2 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 5:38 pm

I can remember a lot of days from when I was 3. Some days from when I was 2. I can tell you the schedule my preschool followed, plus all about the odd day we had when I was 4 and the class was split into two groups - one played with playdoh while the other listend to Peter Rabbit, and then we played bingo.

When I turned 4 I choose playing hula hoops as the activity on my birthday. I wanted to go to the playroom but we had just done that the previous day and we never did the same thing twice. (that was my own thinking, the teachers most likely would have let me go to the playroom)

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 5:39 pm

I remember plenty from before I was 3... I know it because we moved country when I just turned 3, so there's no doubting the age really.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 6:14 pm

I can remember some things clearly from when I was 2. By age 3, I have lots of memories. My family believes me, they're used to me being able to remember all kinds of stuff that they can't.

Sally
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2008, 6:59 pm

my family moved house when i was 3, & i can remember plenty of things from before we moved. some of the things i may remember as they were traumatic at the time (being in a car crash, being stung by a bee etc) but i remember these events in detail, i know what jumper my mum was wearing on the day of the car crash & i remember why i touched the bee even now (im 20). also i remember other less traumatic things. i was talking to my dad the other week & i described to him where the house we lived in was & where a friends house was on the road despite not having been there since i was 3. also i can remember going round to this friend's house & eating bread sticks sat at a red plastic table. what confuses me is when i remember things & no one else does!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 7:34 pm

Some things, that I THOUGHT happened after 3, happened around or before 3! I remember being in my crib, a play pen, etc... I DO remember when I was just starting to walk, and THAT was around 9-10 MONTHS! I just wish I could access everything sequentially, and actually put a date to it.

Wistaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2008, 8:41 pm

I don't remember anything from before I learned to talk or walk. :?

But I do have short photographic flashes of memory -I remember what I saw but not any of the other senses- from my childhood, but absolutely no memory of anything else. Just isolated audioless clips in my mind; even when I remember what somebody had said I have no idea what their voice sounded like.

Come to think of it, back then I had no memories of what happened the previous day either, like I was only sentient/self-aware for short moments. Weird. Has anybody else been like this?

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 10:17 pm

I can remember things from way back and in great detail. It's the aspie memory.

One really funny thing happened with my eldest son years ago..

When he was a baby, I spent a lot of time talking to him and taking him out etc.... my wife was PND so I got a lot of time with him.

Anyway, eventually he started talking and saying sentences etc..

Then one day he said "remember ..... " and told me all about somewhere we went when he was a baby. Not only that, but he actually started repeating sentences I'd said to him on that day about a year before he could talk.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Jan 2008, 10:22 pm

I actually remember one incident when I was a baby in a carriage. A woman smiled at me, and I became very agitated. I recall the emotion very vividly.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 10:22 pm

I can remember weird stuff, like the time I stole chickens.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 10:24 pm

I remember as far back to age 2.

Aspiegirl89
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2008, 10:26 pm

beau99 wrote:
It is said that many spectrumites have great photographic memory, yet have horrible short-term memory.

Considering I fit into this as well, I tend to agree.

hahaha spectrumites...I like this new term :^)

I remember back to things that happened when I was a year old..

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 10:28 pm

Not even joking, I remember my 2nd birthday.

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2008, 10:37 pm

Um, yeah. I have memories from 1 and up.

fathom73
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jan 2008, 10:45 pm

I remember a lot that happened at age 3 and some things before. Just the other day I had a flash of being taught how to walk. I remember various dreams I had at young ages. I used to pretend when talking to others that I had forgotten things because I was embarrassed that I remembered things that others didn't.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 11:37 pm

I can remember the entire layout of the house my family lived in when I was two-and-a-half, and the organization of the houses on that street.

My first memory is sitting in a baby carrier next to a chair across the room from my parents' television. I was in front of my parents' stereo, with a recliner to my left and my parents' couch against the wall in front of me and to the right.

Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 11:42 pm

I can remember feeding my pacifier to my dog at age 2. I remember the scene and everything.

I don't remember what I was doing 5 minutes ago.

Go figure.