Pez201
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2008, 8:25 am

Berserker wrote:
Stores need metal music. <3

\m/ :twisted: \m/

Some artist suggestions, all songs should come from these artists:
Slayer, Metallica (early stuff, anyway), Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Nirvana, Motorhead, AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses, Iced Earth, KISS and so on. :D

Quote:
i work the overnight shift at Petsmart PetHotels - the shifts are 9-12 hrs depending on what night it is and what time of year.
my only other co-worker (by far, among the perks of overnight work) hates the music, too, thankfully.
we leave it running through the hotel so dogs/cats don't get too distracted by us working, but at least in the kitchen we can get away from it by turning the volume down.

I worked in a fast food restaurant for awhile, and the pop garbage we had to listen to literally made me cringe.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 8:32 am

Next time I go to Burlington and I hear 'Time After Time' playing on the store's radio, I think I am going to go insane...

(I'm actually going there tomorrow, too. lol)

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 3:53 pm

I've found that some supermarkets lately have thrown in some nice surprises that I wouldn't have expected to hear - namely from alternative bands like Spoon, The Arcade Fire, and Peter Bjorn & John. Of course, then right after that they'll throw on Celine Dion or something of that nature. Still, I can easily tune that out. I'm not sure if that would be the case with metal, which I'm not a fan of for the most part.

thegodofhats
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2008, 5:32 pm

I think that stores should play classical music.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2008, 5:53 pm

What I really hate, is being trapped on the telephone while holding, and they play really sh***y music in your ear. It's especially annoying when I've already got some lovely music playing in the background. :evil:

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 6:05 pm

I don't like commercial music being played at stores i would prefer underground music as atleast its orginal n hasn't been heard before.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 7:16 pm

I find the "smooth jazz" music often played in stores, on the phone when I'm on hold, and on the local updates on the Weather Channel strangely soothing.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 8:30 am

I just wish stores wouldn't play any music. It is hard enough on my senses without noise blasting into my ears...

If they had to play music, I think they should play gentle classical music!

Afroman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2008, 9:27 am

I love to hear music.....but not in shops...... no music in shops ftw!

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2008, 10:41 am

When I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be about people who play music out loud from their phones/mp3 players in public. These people must die.

Pez201

11 Feb 2008, 10:55 am

Liopleurodon wrote:
When I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be about people who play music out loud from their phones/mp3 players in public. These people must die.

You get the sharpened knife, I'll get the body bags and some bleach. :D

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 5:35 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
What I really hate, is being trapped on the telephone while holding, and they play really sh***y music in your ear. It's especially annoying when I've already got some lovely music playing in the background. :evil:

Gah, I know! After listening to ten minutes of canny mind numbing crap over the telephone, I can barely form a coherent thought once someone does finally answer.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 6:57 pm

Mikomi wrote:
Depends on which Hot Topic store you're in. Sometimes the music is awesome. Sometimes ... 8O

Yeah, it's not the kind of punk or metal that I listen to. Actually, most of the time, it's some sort of industrial/metalcore hybrid.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 8:34 pm

EEgads! I hate it! What's worse is inevitably, some brain-jellifying pop song gets stuck in my head.....I couuld faallll in loooove wiiith yooou..(is that the only line in the whole stinking song?)
Another bane to my existance is "have you ever really loved a woman"...yeek....even mentioning the songs and I am placed in danger of ear-wormyness....and flashbacks of thrift store shopping. In Houston, we have Sunny 99.1 and Mix 97.5...Methodicly formulated to drive people like myself completely stark raving bonkers mad.

Why not play Raymond Scott instead...or old swing era music or classical...anything other than that toxic stuff.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Feb 2008, 9:28 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
EEgads! I hate it! What's worse is inevitably, some brain-jellifying pop song gets stuck in my head.....I couuld faallll in loooove wiiith yooou..(is that the only line in the whole stinking song?)
Another bane to my existance is "have you ever really loved a woman"...yeek....even mentioning the songs and I am placed in danger of ear-wormyness....and flashbacks of thrift store shopping. In Houston, we have Sunny 99.1 and Mix 97.5...Methodicly formulated to drive people like myself completely stark raving bonkers mad.

Why not play Raymond Scott instead...or old swing era music or classical...anything other than that toxic stuff.

I love swing music! That would be so cool to have playing in the store. Or classical, which I listen to at home.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 12:34 am

I always make sure to say loudly "We need some Metallica in here".