Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Villain
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Mar 2008, 10:05 pm

Quote:
"Apart from having another, better, replacement child, there is no way to rid your house of the evil born into it. Such is the curse of the Asperger."

Reminds me of myself *points at username*

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

01 Mar 2008, 10:16 pm

thats unfortunate. i see aspergers as just a different way to think :?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 10:23 pm

I know this guy personally. His name is Josef Mengele.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 10:43 pm

I can tell you his eyes are brown...and I can tell you why...;)

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 10:54 pm

pakled wrote:
I can tell you his eyes are brown...and I can tell you why...;)

Full of s**t?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 1:17 am

Orwell wrote:
Entirely a joke, and actually somewhat funny if you don't take it seriously.

I did like the comment about taking away our source of sunlight. That's the one that makes it most obviously a joke, plus it really is funny. I don't like sunlight anyways; too harsh and uneven. 8)

Good greetings, Orwell:

Curiouser and curiouser how each of us reacts. You're a night person then? :) 8)

The taking away the source of sunlight hits me personally kind of hard because I equate it with the aversion conditioning that took place in Aldous Huxley's novel "Brave New World" ... wherein children were placed into a sunny dayroom and then trained to hate such things as sunlight, flowers, books, bright colors ... the better to mold them to the lower-caste functions that society wanted them to perform.

As for the sunlight in my life, I'll take the golden hours of twilight surrounding sunrise and sunset ... Best times of day for photography, as opposed to the harsh glare of noonday.

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

02 Mar 2008, 4:54 am

If my routine, outlet and sunlight(well I hate the sun but happy thing) were taken away... You would have a killing machine. Maybe literally. I am really really bad when I meltdown. I can only imagine days of screwed up ness.

I am not taking the article too seriously, but if anyone tried it they might lose a limb as I try to get back to my room.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 10:15 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Entirely a joke, and actually somewhat funny if you don't take it seriously.

I did like the comment about taking away our source of sunlight. That's the one that makes it most obviously a joke, plus it really is funny. I don't like sunlight anyways; too harsh and uneven. 8)

Good greetings, Orwell:

Curiouser and curiouser how each of us reacts. You're a night person then? :) 8)

The taking away the source of sunlight hits me personally kind of hard because I equate it with the aversion conditioning that took place in Aldous Huxley's novel "Brave New World" ... wherein children were placed into a sunny dayroom and then trained to hate such things as sunlight, flowers, books, bright colors ... the better to mold them to the lower-caste functions that society wanted them to perform.

As for the sunlight in my life, I'll take the golden hours of twilight surrounding sunrise and sunset ... Best times of day for photography, as opposed to the harsh glare of noonday.

I like it when there is a solid, even layer of nice gray cloud and all the light from the sun is diffracted and diffused. Then there is a nice, even illumination where you can always see clearly but there is never a bright glare in your eyes. When it is sunny and cloudless, there will be sharp patterns of bright and dark, no fun at all. You turn one direction, and the bright sun scorches your eyes and you can't even see. You should not have to have pain associated with the ability to see. Sunrise and sunset are even worse when the sunlight comes in at an angle, almost horizontally, amplifying the pain of looking in the direction of the sun. No, let me have a nice, cloudy day that will take the sun's light and distribute it evenly.

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2008, 11:35 am

Where is he?! I'm going to kick his ass!

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 2:03 pm

Chimchar wrote:
Where is he?! I'm going to kick his ass!
His address was previously published on WP, that's when he started getting worried and saying it was a bad joke.