Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2008, 10:07 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I had more than one pairs of shoes my whole life. There are summer shoes and winter shoes. I'd wear sneakers or sandals when I was little. I also wore tenna shoes and boots boots.

You can't wear sandals when it's wet outside and cold out. You have to wear boots in the snow.

That depends on how everyday you have snow. I've only been around it for two weeks at a time, for vacations, and I wore my sandals wherever we went. If I couldn't find them, I went out barefoot.

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2008, 10:43 am

I have lots of shoes. But that is because I am a girl and have to match certain outfits (for really dressy occasions) to certain pairs of shoes. I love collecting shoes.

Otherwise, I take one pair of flip-flops and wear them out, and one pair of work shoes and wear them out, and I have the two pairs of running shoes because they last longer when you rotate them.

I had a pair of nike tennis shoes that my dad bought me and my mom hated (they were boy shoes) that i wore from like 4th grade to 7th grade, the most comfortable, worn in shoes in the world.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 11:29 am

I don't understand changing out shoes for different outfits very well. I guess if I worked somewhere that I was required to dress up, then maybe I could understand it.

I have one pair of sandals that I wear in the summer, one pair of very, very old tennis shoes that I wear when it's raining in the summer, fall, and spring, and one pair of boots that I wear in the winter. I don't get new ones until my old ones fall apart. I see no reason to. I decide what shoes to wear by logically deciphering the function that I need them for, but beyond that I'm lost. I do not like shoe shopping with other women, ever.

When a pair of shoes got too small for me to wear when I was a child my mom had to sneak them to the trash. I would cry for days, because I wanted my old shoes back, even though they were killing my little feet.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

06 Apr 2008, 11:39 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
Microban wrote:
I suppose the fashionable among us require more than one pair.
I don't really understand why either, though.

Replace the word "require" with the word "want". No one requires more than one pair of shoes, it's all to do with illogical social expectations. These expectations I still don't understand.

Depends on who you're dealing with. I do require more than one pair, and it's not ALL to do with illogical social situations. I like things to match. I wear colour co-ordinated clothes, and my shoes have to match that, for example: if I'm wearing a red top and black trousers/jeans, I will wear my red Converse All Stars. If I'm wearing a pink top, I will wear my pink Vans.

If I'm not colour co-ordinated, I freak out. It's an autistic thing. I do "require" more than one pair of shoes. It isn't to do with social expectations at all.

silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2008, 11:40 am

I have more than one pair of shoes but i have my reasons for them. I have had the same two pairs of running shoes/sneakers for like two years. I have a pair of high top,waterproof,snake proof boots for short hikes,field herping, and feeding horses(lots of mud). One pair of high top,waterproof,comfortable hiking boots for hiking and everyday use. A pair of really high rubber boots that i should use for swamps but i tend to forget them. A pair of low,really comfortable,breathable hiking and climbing boots. Last summer i wore wet shoes and boots for around a month straight, i couldn't get them to dry out before i got the other pairs wet again, so i need a few pairs of shoes. :lol:

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 12:12 pm

i have lots of shoes so i can match them up with the clothes i am wearing.

xx

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:04 pm

I have lots of shoes because..I go to the thrift store alot (or used to)...and I am not gonna turn down a good pair of cheap doc martins or danskos or (good)Clarks or other kinds of shoes that in the store could cost upwards of 100 dollars.
I like to give shoes away....or used to when we had lots of people around all the time...since giving things away to people is my way of being social...
AND...my dad is obsessed with shoes...and in the last few month he has bought me 4 pair of really nice shoes....BUT the only shoes I like to wear are Crocs. They are the most friendly shoes to my feet. Crocs don't care if I am on my toes half the time...i love the soft rubberyness of crocs...I hate the feel of socks, which I don't have to wear with Crocs.
I love my new expensive shoes, but I feel like I have to be so careful when I walk around in them

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:14 pm

I love shoes, and I have a number of pairs. But I go through phases. I'll wear one pair every day for two months, and then I'll wear another pair every day for two months (maybe not two months, but an extended length of time)...

I have my walking shoes, and those have been the same pair for ten years. They've lasted well.

I have my other walking shoes, which are just Chuck Taylors, but I wear them when I'm walking around for a while, like in town all day, and know my feet will hurt - they go with my clothes better than my big walking shoes.

I have a few pairs of pretty other shoes, and I just wear them depending on outfit, but again - they tend to be worn over and over for months on end.

If I'm going out somewhere nice I'll wear my 'going out' shoes, though.

But I guess this is all just because I'm a girl, really.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:42 am

...I forgot to ask to be informed on replies to this :P , this got quite a lot actually :lol: ! !! !! !! !! !!

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2008, 2:56 am

I find that a pair of black boots serves my purposes in all settings. I wear each pair until it is impossible to wear them anymore, go to wal-mart, repeat about once a year.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 3:16 am

I have a pair of sandals for...everywhere the work boots don't go.

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2008, 3:54 am

Yeah, sometimes I wish that I had a pair of sandals or flip-flops.... the boots take about five minutes to put on because I am obessive about lacing them tightly.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:23 pm

I used to have a couple pair of shoes when I was in school. But now I only wear 1 pair for boots for working & regular use.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:27 pm

ASS-P wrote:
When I was a child , my parents told me , I would wear just one pair of shoes (for normal use) at a time , I'd ignore other ones , so , they would just leave me one out there .
Anyone else ?
We were fairly well off ! !! !!

I keep wearing the same shoe and often don't replace them dues to money problem. If it tear on it own, I just blame it on China because I only wore it for 6 months or more.

Shoes should last a year or more not 6 months or less.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 4:41 pm

Shoes to fill topic

Two pairs of shoes is reasonable. And a pair of winter boots is essential in northern climates. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 4:44 pm

xyzyxx wrote:
I have never understood the need to own more than one pair of shoes.

I mean, the only reason we own more than one pair of socks, is because these need to be washed after you wear them. You don't wash shoes. You just wear them again the next day.

Good point...