Does anyone have a problem with seat belts?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 6:56 pm

i dont mind seat belts but i did have problems with them when i was little.

xxx

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 6:58 pm

lemon wrote:
i like its pressure,
dislike it when rubbing my skin (i will often (unvoluntarely) put my hand between the belt and my neck)

Me too. When people are talking about not wearing a seatbelt or taking it off, I say "But the seatbelt is the best part!" I always figured it was probably the pressure that I like.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 1:12 am

I would prefer not to wear a seatbelt but I put it on anyways cuz I don't wanna get pulled by a cop. But at night I usually don't wear one cuz the cops can't really see inside your car good.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:22 am

http://www.auto-safe.fi/vyot.html

i have solved a problem by using these racing harness..and they are commonly used by tuning so they are listed as normal..using em coz regular makes me feeling sick by choking me

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:27 am

joku_muko wrote:
Yes, I wear it under my arm.

That basically defeats the purpose of the seatbelt. I needs to go over your shoulder to be effective. Maybe you could try a different type of harness.

kansei
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Apr 2008, 11:40 am

5 point race harness FTW!

nah but really I use a CG-Lock on my seatbelt so that it can hold me in quite firmly.

http://www.cg-lock.com/index.html so good

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 12:02 pm

i like more raceharness
:P

kansei
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Apr 2008, 4:53 pm

batista90 wrote:
i like more raceharness

illegal for street use though. I race my car and don't even use one, no monies in my race budget. I just have some CG-locks :)

you get 80% of the "holding in the seat" tension of a race harness, but the shoulder belt remains totally normal, just the lab belt is tight. Maybe some cars are worse with the seatbelt than others, I barely feel the shoulder belt on me when I'm driving.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 7:22 pm

I'm okay with seatbelts, UNLESS the seatbelt is twisted, and its almost impossible to twist them back... it just drives me nuts.

ArtisticAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 7:51 pm

lemon wrote:
i like its pressure,
dislike it when rubbing my skin (i will often (unvoluntarely) put my hand between the belt and my neck)

I like the pressure of a seatbelt and I am very security contentious - I can't ride in a car without a belt - will even use a child's seatbelt if an adult's one is not there, but I will refuse to ride in a vehicle if there is no seatbelt available for me. However I don't like the belt touching my skin, it always hurts/irritates my skin. I do what Lemon does - either purposely or involuntary I will put my hand, or if my shirt has a collar, between my skin and the belt.

AA

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 8:04 pm

Binarycow wrote:
sgrannel wrote:
Sit where you must to be comfortable, but you must wear the seatbelt. It is probably illegal to not wear the seatbelt in the front wherever you live, and consider the possibility of being injured in an accident, which will surely cause more sensory problems than the seat belt did! It's silly, the trouble people I know will go through to continue with a lazy habit, while risking fines and needlessly subjecting themselves to an increased risk of injury.

If its my time to go, its my time to go. I won't do anything to hasten the process (smoking, drinking, etc), but that doesn't mean that I will do things to slow it down (seat belts, medicine, etc)

Just my opinion.

I hope the other people driving with you feel the same, as in an accident, your unbelted body can be flung around and injure other people in the car.

Also, there is a difference between fighting a serious illness with medication, and taking a simple safety precaution- I doubt anyone would consider that to be resisting fate.

craola
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2008, 8:27 pm

There must be other alternatives though surely?
Are harnesses the only other way to go?

kansei
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Apr 2008, 10:17 pm

Atomsk wrote:
I'm okay with seatbelts, UNLESS the seatbelt is twisted, and its almost impossible to twist them back... it just drives me nuts.

a twisted belt will injure you pretty badly given the right accident conditions. There's always a way to fix it, just keep trying!

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 1:33 am

kansei wrote:
batista90 wrote:
i like more raceharness

illegal for street use though. I race my car and don't even use one, no monies in my race budget. I just have some CG-locks :)

you get 80% of the "holding in the seat" tension of a race harness, but the shoulder belt remains totally normal, just the lab belt is tight. Maybe some cars are worse with the seatbelt than others, I barely feel the shoulder belt on me when I'm driving.
8O what illegals? in here they are totally legal as long u have racing seat :P

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 1:42 am

craola wrote:
There must be other alternatives though surely?
Are harnesses the only other way to go?
i guess so...other option is booster seat :P :lol:

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 1:46 am

they seem like a big inconvenience, but they are better then the alternative, of getting severely injured or dying in a crash, and in most places its illegal not to wear one