Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Vejita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2005, 5:24 pm

So, being violent against things or people is not an Aspie sign ? I thought so... sometimes, but it's very rare, I lose my temper and I get really angry, i can't say if it's "normal / natural" or not :(

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 5:51 pm

Wierd thing I've noticed about NT's when they get angry, get in fights, and even do the most outlandigh stuff like slam a friend's head into a wall while they're drunk and beat the heck out of eachother, they have this way of playing it off or the right context of application where they can talk about that stuff and laugh about it the next day.

I mean some of the stuff these guys laugh about at work is stuff I'd practically die of embarassment if I'd acted that way, drunk or not, and would probably think my social life and good police-record were as good as done for. Must be something about having a teflon nature or living your life thinking everything you do is normal I guess.

thepeaguy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2005, 6:04 pm

Vejita wrote:
So, being violent against things or people is not an Aspie sign ? I thought so... sometimes, but it's very rare, I lose my temper and I get really angry, i can't say if it's "normal / natural" or not :(

Of course not; everybody loses it at some point in their lives. It has nothing to do with being autistic.

Last edited by thepeaguy on 13 Oct 2005, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vejita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2005, 6:13 pm

bjork attacks a reporter, video here, uploaded by me :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IC1UV5RC

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 8:06 am

It looked like she was taking her child (or someones child) out of a building. Maybe it was a maternal instrinct?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 8:13 am

It was her child, and she said later that she thought the photographers were getting way too close.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 8:57 am

Yeah, they mentioned something about her saying that the reporter she went after was up in her grill for like 4 days straight. Probably just a lot of things combined though (obviously she wasn't in the mood to put up with the whole situation, maybe that was shortly after some personal tragedy or something?).

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2005, 8:40 pm

It was. She'd recieved a vid in the mail of a so-called fan commiting suicide because he hated her album or something ridiculous, and he'd sent a mailbomb to her record company. Pretty tough to handle. She was jetlagged, and she was travelling with her son Sindri. The reporter asked her about the bomb attack, and Bjork refused to comment. The reporter then asked the son this. "How does it feel like to have a mother who doesn't want to talk to us." or something along those lines. Yowch, aspie or not, that would've caused some explosion within any mind.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 9:20 pm

Soma wrote:
The reporter asked her about the bomb attack, and Bjork refused to comment. The reporter then asked the son this. "How does it feel like to have a mother who doesn't want to talk to us." or something along those lines. Yowch, aspie or not, that would've caused some explosion within any mind.

When did the reporter say this? Clearly all she said right before the attack was "welcome to bangcock" before being attacked. The crazed fan commiting suicide was 7 months after this attack. From what i have gathered she was just tired after a long tour with poor ticket sales and was in a bit of a mood and when this reporter came close to her and her son she just flipped but later apologized to the reporter publicly. Not the actions of somebody that has been harrased by this reporter.

I think reporters should get done for stalking but seen as most public figures crave publicity a lot of the time to keep their 'star rating', it is a bit silly to expect the press to leave them alone the rest of the time. Famous people that shun publicity dont get anywhere near the same amount of invasion of privacy , though it does still happen.

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2005, 9:54 pm

Sorry! All I really understood it that this personal chaos resulted in Homogenic.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 11:22 pm

Soma wrote:
It was. She'd recieved a vid in the mail of a so-called fan commiting suicide because he hated her album or something ridiculous, and he'd sent a mailbomb to her record company. Pretty tough to handle. She was jetlagged, and she was travelling with her son Sindri. The reporter asked her about the bomb attack, and Bjork refused to comment. The reporter then asked the son this. "How does it feel like to have a mother who doesn't want to talk to us."

Yeah, paparazzi are scum. It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2005, 12:59 am

*Marches 'round the room with banners screaming 'Paparazzi are Scum'*
:lol: :mrgreen:

tonka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2009, 5:12 am

I've often wondered if she's an aspie...

she's such an original. maybe too original to be an NT?

?We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient characteristic of life is its coerciveness; it is always urgent, 'here and now,' without any possible postponement. Life is fired at us point-blank.?
Jose Ortega y Gasset

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 8:36 am

spacemonkey wrote:
I was just asking myself this the other day.
I have always found bjork immensely attractive.
Did anyone see Dancer in the Dark ?

I have seen it, and totally loved it. The first movie that ever made me cry. :) (at 22 years). I loved the music too, though I didn't use to like her music particularly.

She might be aspie, or might not.
It also comes to my mind how Lars von Trier claimed that she was very difficult to work together with. A social difficulty here, maybe?

TouchVanDerBoom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2009, 8:55 am

thepeaguy wrote:
Vejita wrote:
I saw a vid where she attacked a paparazzi in an airport, it was real fury, she would have really teared him to shreds if they haven't been separated, that was extremely violent... it can be Aspie sign, I believe...

Autism does not cause violent behaviours as the condition is cognitive, not behavioural.

As usual, people rely on autistic behavioural stereotypes just because some celebrity is perceived to be either eccentric or weird. :roll:

If anything, she's a publicity whore, like most celebrites are.

I agree that violence is not a sign of being an aspie at all but I have to say I strongly disagree with the publicity comment. I've been a big fan and followed her career since I was about ten. She has never seemed to me to court the paparazzi, quite the opposite. She attacked the reporter because she had told them not to send any as she was travelling with her son and wanted to shield him from the media. She was also very tired and angry. She reacted strongly, in a way that some of would and some of us wouldn't, but it clearly wasn't premeditated. As far as I know, especially since then and since a crazed a fan planted a bomb in her flat, she has kept out of the public eye except for purely artistic reasons.

Do I think she's an aspie? I haven't considered it before. I know she loves being alone, has an unusual connection to certain objects, seems to have an odd sensory relationship with things - especially music which she is very in touch with in a unique way, genius-like in that. She also struggled emotionally when filming Dancer in the Dark, which I imagine might happen to an aspie, the overload effect. And yes, she moves on stage in ways that might indicate being an aspie. Yes, maybe she is. I would like it if she were :)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 11:13 am

You can't rely on her stage persona or how she acts in interviews because you can't tell if it's staged or not. Celebrities tend to want publicity, so it could be a stage act. She could be totally opposite in person when the cameras aren't on. To conclude, I have no idea if she is one or not, unless she is diagnosed or makes a diagnosis public, or she herself speculates she is and makes that public. Then we have something to go on besides her public persona.