Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2008, 6:07 pm

While some people are intimidated because I'm tall, I have a very erm..... for lack of a better word "gentle" face for a guy, plus I smile a lot so I don't think people are too scared of me. ;p But, the problem might just be that you're male more than anything. I think many women just don't like being alone with any guy they don't know. I think if you ask any guy AS or NT, they can tell you that they've unintentionally scared a girl at least once or twice in their life.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2008, 6:09 pm

Io wrote:
Frosty wrote:
I've been told that people often find me to be "intense" or intimidating.

Same here GCS

Also do people ever just look at you when you enter a room or stare at you?

Somebody once told me that others find me "intimidating" as well! What is that supposed to even mean, anyway??

Apparantly people are more likely to find people with facial hair intimidating. I don't really know why that is though....

Io
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2008, 6:09 pm

I certainly have. :oops:

(edit: unintentionally scared girls, I mean)

Io

24 Jul 2008, 6:12 pm

Fidget wrote:
Io wrote:
Frosty wrote:
I've been told that people often find me to be "intense" or intimidating.

Same here GCS

Also do people ever just look at you when you enter a room or stare at you?

Somebody once told me that others find me "intimidating" as well! What is that supposed to even mean, anyway??

Apparantly people are more likely to find people with facial hair intimidating. I don't really know why that is though....

I don't know, but that's definitely not my case. I can't stand keeping any kind of facial hair for more than a day or two.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 6:23 pm

I generally scare people because they think I'm some sort of goth or super-punk. Then I'm really gentle and polite and that throws them off even more.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 11:33 pm

Yes. I have made people nervous on a few occasions.

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jul 2008, 1:38 am

I've been told that I can be quite intense and scary at times. I actually literally have made bullies step back, stop in mid-sentence, and once even run away with a glare. I've sometimes found this a little weird, because one, I'm a girl; two, I suck at heated arguments and generally just get overwhelmed and run away crying; and three, of the few physical fights I've been in I've always come out the worst for wear.

I'm not sure whether to be proud of my glare or embarrassed about it ...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:00 am

Speckles wrote:
I've been told that I can be quite intense and scary at times. I actually literally have made bullies step back, stop in mid-sentence, and once even run away with a glare. I've sometimes found this a little weird, because one, I'm a girl; two, I suck at heated arguments and generally just get overwhelmed and run away crying; and three, of the few physical fights I've been in I've always come out the worst for wear.

I'm not sure whether to be proud of my glare or embarrassed about it ...

When I was in a different city I had a suitcase and someone was trying to take it and I glared at said someone and muttered an obscenity or two. Said someone looked, for a brief moment lapsing in the arms of time, puzzled, turned and walked away from me swiftly.

Maybe he was scared...

MattD
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2008, 2:39 am

When i walking to the train station an old lady in front of me started walking really fast away from me, it was a bit insulting, im not a bad person, but it was a bad neighbourhood though.

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2008, 10:14 am

Yes, yes we are.

I was at a concert last eve in a small bar in AA (one of my friends was in the band)... and all night long all the guys would be walking towards me (crowded)... stop short... get this kind of oh s**t look on their face (even I can tell this look) and vear off to the side... for some reason the normal male just seems to be afraid of me in the way that antelope are afraid of a lion... the lion may not be hungry or have any designs on the antelope but the antelope knows that it wants nothing to do with the lion.

If I was throwing off from body langauge or what not that I was threatening or something you'd think at least one of the alpha mail wanna-bes would challenge me. Physically I'm not that imposing (5' 9" - 5' 10"... 240) but it has been this way my entire life.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 11:13 pm

I don't think I come across as scary, but if I do, then oh well the as*holes better back the f**k up. Not saying everyone who thinks I'm scary is an as*hole, but if I do come across as scary, then it does keep the as*holes at bay.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 2:19 am

hmm lets see posters of my room staring yes?

blueblood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2018, 3:07 pm

lots of people say my normal expression looks like i want to hit something so i guess my natural look is threatening even though i try not to be happy or sad or angry with my normal plain face.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 12:10 am

I'm sure that I'm seen as scary by some of the people in my community. I don't really care. I go on creating the best and most fun life for myself, and I don't worry about what other people think of me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 1:39 am

I look weak and stupid. If I looked scary, maybe people will keep out of my way.

People often walk into me, or stand right close in my personal space. Even mothers with little kids stand close to me, and little kids agitate me but the parents don't seem to notice.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 4:03 am

There can be occasions where I realise later this has been the case.

Usually when I have been quite tired. These are the times my general communication style and body language are probably the most noticeably different from the general population. These can also be the time where I can get son wrapped in my own way at looking at the world that things I might say cross the line between eccentric to perhaps intimidating, or odd, or just sufficiently different from what is usual that the oterh person feels wary.

Those haven't been the nicest of times - it gives one a bit of a start, for example, if other guests in a bunkhouse type hostel decide after a pot of tea and chatting that they are going to get back into their car and drive on to somewhere else for the night rather than stay i=there as they had first intended.