What topics are you SUPER focused on right now?

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 11:55 am

The Sims 2. Sigh. I can't believe I'm obsessed with such a simple, high-graphics game. I wish it didn't have graphics... I'm sick of graphics...

Usually if I'm obsessed with a computer game, it's a low-graphics game like Nethack. Nethack has a thousand times the content that Sims does... literally, probably. And it's a lot faster to play.

Why oh why did I get this particular obsession?

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 12:20 pm

I can relate to the Batman villians LOL! I bought The Killing Joke to read one of the best Joker tales/Batman stories ever! I can't wait to read it!! (On backorder though 2-4 WEEKS!) :-(

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I can relate to the Batman villians LOL! I bought The Killing Joke to read one of the best Joker tales/Batman stories ever! I can't wait to read it!! (On backorder though 2-4 WEEKS!) :-(

Oh my god, it's AMAZING.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 3:47 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Angnix wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Angnix wrote:
For me currently psychological issues, nature, and Sonic... get me on those topics and as one of my coworkers said today I just blab on and on...

Do ADHD/Bipolar people have such extreme interests and "just blab on and on..."?

I almost got back into the computing I have to do for myself. But I DO spend an inordinate amount of time with languages. Of course, I got addicted to forums, currently mostly this one. 8-(

According to what I read both can, in ADHD they call it hyperfocusing. But lots of people say I'm Aspie, so I don't know.

I thought hyperfocusing was just when you gave all your attention to what you are working with at the time, even to losing track of the time, even to where necessities like food aren't considered.

Maybe I misunderstood that, but I'm pretty sure I read ADHD can have special interests. I changed my sig... aspie keeps coming up from other people that know me.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 3:57 pm

Natural health.

More specifically, the Codex Alimentarius and the threats it poses to our right to clean, safe, organic, non-GM food, to our health, to supplements, vitamins, minerals, 'alternative' healthcare and practitioners, and basically everything we need to survive.

Magicfly
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2008, 4:05 pm

Always geology, specifically an area of regional metamorphism, with some beautiful exposures of hornblendes, chlorites and some superb schistocity..

Learning about AS now I know I do have it I can feel free to take the break of my absorption of information on the subject, I've read 'the Complete Guide to Aspergers Syndrome' by Tony Attwood which is brilliant, and watched lots of utube footage, read here, and at some other sites, and compiled a 'file'.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 4:07 pm

Magicfly wrote:
Always geology, specifically an area of regional metamorphism, with some beautiful exposures of hornblendes, chlorites and some superb schistocity..

Learning about AS now I know I do have it I can feel free to take the break of my absorption of information on the subject, I've read 'the Complete Guide to Aspergers Syndrome' by Tony Attwood which is brilliant, and watched lots of utube footage, read here, and at some other sites, and compiled a 'file'.

Ah, a fellow geology buff!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

serjohn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Aug 2008, 4:22 pm

Right now my focus is on photography (pun intended).

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 4:23 pm

Religion or rather my preference for a lack of it. Its driving me nuts, I should just let it go

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 4:50 pm

I have a longstanding interest in psychology and mental disturbances, but recently I have acquired the new interest of medical complicity.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 5:17 pm

Today I am super focussed on the story of King Saul in the Old Testament.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 5:36 pm

Esoteric mysteries involving sacred geometry,pyramids,ancient serpent worship,Knights
Templar and The Holy Grail... and the links between them all.

MintLemonade
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2008, 6:10 pm

Graduate school (I like reading the college catalogs and seeing the exact requirements for my degree ahead of time) Also my nintendo ds I'm almost finished with super mario 64 ds.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 6:24 pm

pluto wrote:
Esoteric mysteries involving sacred geometry,pyramids,ancient serpent worship,Knights
Templar and The Holy Grail... and the links between them all.

Oooh you sound like my kind of person! I go back to this one frequently, have done for years. I think I get it from my grandfather, he was always studying it for years. Mind if I pm you..?

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2008, 12:00 am

Right now it's college, feminism, and the mangas Tokyo Babylon and X1999.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 1:16 am

Cars and driving. I spent years not caring much about cars, and being deathly afraid of driving.

Now I'm two days from my behind-the-wheel license test; I'm finally going to beat this thing!