anna-banana wrote:
I'm a grave case of fridge-blindness...

Do you post on richarddawkins.net?

nope, never heard of it.

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

02 Sep 2008, 4:13 pm

For a second I thought u were starting a thread about that stupid refigurator mother theory of autism. :x

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:59 pm

I love staring in other peoples' fridges. Mine, well....*shudder*
Let's just say I get the gloves on every three months or so and in the meantime, I try not to buy too many perishable goods....

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:31 pm

I haven't cleaned my refrigerator in ages so I'm almost afraid to go in there.

You know that scene in the old television Jim Henson series, "Dinosaurs"....the one where the dinosaur gets something out the refrigerator and when he opens the door, these creatures stick their arms out trying to escape? Well, that's mine. :lol:

Oh, and speaking as someone who once had a job scheduling appointments for GE technicians to repair appliances, freon hasn't been used as a coolant for years due to it being an environmental hazard.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 3:51 am

The interior of a fridge has no exposure to the sealed contents of the coolant system. In order to get exposure to the contents of the coolant system, the coolant system would need a leak, and then the door would have to be open.

If you had a leak in your coolant system, your fridge would very rapidly(in a matter of hours or days) revert to room temperature. If your fridge staying cool(even if its not cold enough), then you are not polluting the environment.

The conclusion: opening the fridge door is in no way harmful to the environment. So you dont have to worry anna-banana.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2008, 3:59 am

UndercoverAlien wrote:
i think you might know what i mean with it :P
walking to the fridge over and over and over and over....again without any reason
anyone else has this problem?

no but I'm forever opening the fridge to get something that I want from the cupboard and opening the cupboard to get something that I want from the fridge!! !! !! :?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 4:44 am

Fuzzy wrote:
The conclusion: opening the fridge door is in no way harmful to the environment. So you dont have to worry anna-banana.

thanks for clearing that out Fuzzy, it will definately improve my life not to have to do a list every time I open the fridge ;D