Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2008, 3:10 pm

First time through, I thought I was supposed to be looking at the first guy's weird, exaggerated expression, and then got hit with the second guy's expression and laughed at the whole silly, sappy scenario. :lol:

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 3:28 pm

serenity wrote:
This is one of those videos that you can buy for kids to help them with social skills, ect.. I watched this little tid bit, and thought that there is no way in the world for someone to properly read that facial expression in the half second it's shown. I showed it to my NT hubby, and daughter, and they were able to correctly identify it very easily. I'd like to see how everyone on WP does with it. I've thought about buying a set for my 6 year old. (hint: it will give you the answer after 8 seconds, so pause it if you're still thinking about it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngXjQ88yBtw

The look is one of "surprised" but he is faking the "surprise", he isn't genuinely surprised. That's the feeling I got from it.

L.
P.S. hahaha so the answer was lying eh?

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2008, 3:46 pm

i did not get that he thought the other kid was lying.

oh. you have that game? cool.

that's what i saw.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 3:51 pm

I didn't get that at all.

from what I've seen of myself on video this is kinda the way I look like when I listen to someone and try hard to focus (i.e. shut my mouth and raise theb eyebrows) ;p

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2008, 3:55 pm

anna-banana wrote:

from what I've seen of myself on video this is kinda the way I look like when I listen to someone and try hard to focus (i.e. shut my mouth and raise theb eyebrows) ;p

! !! oh my gosh. i just noticed that i do that expression too when i am trying to appear interested. that must be why i identified it as "polite boredom" rather than "incredulous."

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2008, 3:57 pm

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:

that's what i saw.

Yeah, it's not like owning Halo 3 is a totally unbelievable feat, unless the second guy knows for sure the first guy doesn't actually have the appropriate system.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 3:59 pm

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
anna-banana wrote:

! !! oh my gosh. i just noticed that i do that expression too when i am trying to appear interested. that must be why i identified it as "polite boredom" rather than "incredulous."

heheh yeah I do it big time plus nodding like crazy (for some reason). totally polite bordedom to me ;p

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 6:13 pm

I didn't get that at all. To me it looked like he was thinking how great the game was and that the interviewer must understand how great the game was too. It looked like an "Aww Yeah..." face
I'm so clueless. :oops:

-Pythagoras

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 6:30 pm

I got it instantly. But I also think the context of the conversation gives it away coupled with the fact you know you need to interpret a reaction.

This is one I know I could get in real life. But I think there are probably a dozen more difficult ones that i couldn't

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 7:35 pm

That first kid's expression was so utterly bizarre that it distracted me from the second kid, who looked looked as though he had just been handed a really embarrassing pick-up line.

I guess I did not get it at all. :?

Jael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2008, 2:10 am

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:

that's what i saw.

Wow, me too...and maybe "So when can we play, hint, hint..." I truly did not see disbelief in that expression. I watched it again and paused it and I still don't see it. Hmmm.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2008, 2:45 am

I was looking for the expression from the other guy. Where the video stopped, it looked like he was going to say something else. BUt noo. Pause!! !!

heyjude
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2008, 3:59 am

As it looked like an acted expression rather than a natural one, I don't see how it could help anyone learn anything about real facial expressions. It was a bit like on "Friends" when Joey is showing what a versatile actor he is by shivering exaggeratedly saying "I'm cooooold" or miming a beard to be an old man. It could help teach someone to be a drama critic or a better actor maybe....

Sky
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2008, 11:45 am

CMaximus wrote:
i_Am_andaJoy wrote:

that's what i saw.

Yeah, it's not like owning Halo 3 is a totally unbelievable feat, unless the second guy knows for sure the first guy doesn't actually have the appropriate system.

LOL, no kidding. Owning Halo 3 is very unremarkable, it seems really unintuitive that the kid wouldn't believe the other kid about that. Maybe if they were talking about some other game that hasn't been released yet the scenario would make more sense.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2008, 11:50 am

I just got the impression they were acting. I didn't get the expression.

blamo
Raven
Raven

10 Sep 2008, 12:25 pm

I didn't get it either...but I think, like some others have said, it was just poor acting (sorry kid)
Besides who reacts when they don't believe what one is saying? I find that people don't show any reaction, they might think it. (or is that just me?)