Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 7:02 pm

No thank you. I like my life as an adult much better.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 7:39 pm

No. A chance to redo the last 9 years would suffice.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 9:10 pm

If I were to go back to be a kid again it would definately have it's pros and cons. For example I hated going to school as a kid but loved playing video games all day.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 9:18 pm

Come to think of it the only time in my life that I would ever choose to go back to would be my early adulthood (19-22).. I had a good social life, a LOT of freedom and I liked college.. just too bad I didn't appreciate that at the time.

Magique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2008, 9:23 pm

Well...that's not exactly what I meant, but yeah that too. I meant the SOB who could send me back would die. I'm hoping life will be different for my daughter. I guess that's my chance vicariously.

Jael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2008, 9:54 pm

God, no. 8O

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 10:04 pm

Yes, I'd go back in a heartbeat and take whoever wanted to come along with me. My parents were/are both like me so we understood each other, we lived in the middle of nowhere...I had a really good childhood. I was different but basically oblivious of the fact. Life didn't start to get tough until I hit 12 and started having problems with the other kids and school.

Compiku
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Sep 2008, 10:25 pm

I think I would do it, pretty much for the reasons that Irulan mentioned in the OP. People are more understanding of a child acting awkward or lacking "common sense" then they are of older teens like myself. Also, kids can get away with a lot.

I didn't enjoy childhood that much the first time, but I think I'd do it again, because after realizing how hard it is to be older, I could do it better and have a new appreciation for it. I'd say that anywhere from 7-12 would be perfect, but I wouldn't mind going 3-6, either.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 10:27 pm

No f*****g way! You could offter me a bajillion dollars and I would still say no. My childhood was the worst time of my life. Worse than adolecence and early adulthood put together. I suppose if I wasn't abused by the public school system and didn't have to endure the trama of being a foster child, it might be better. But I was and I did. I also never want to have to endure being someone's puppet and having to summit to others just because they are older. I had no say over anything as a child and was not allowed to do anything. I always had to be supervised and was never allowed to be alone. No one was understanding of me back then, sometimes not even my own parents. I had to learn to emotionaly fend for myself quite young. So no I never want to be a child again.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 11:17 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
if i went back with the knowledge and skills that i have now....

ditto. LOL restart HS...maybe not :lol:

well I'll have to see...I'm enjoying college.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 11:53 pm

I still am.

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2008, 12:00 am

I've at least progressed, I'm into my older teens now

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 12:01 am

bullied as child and adolescent, grown up in a dysfunctional family where I learned that only get it your way if you scream or punch hard enough...no I would love to be a child again but not in that envrionment.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 4:44 am

I wish I wouldn't grow up. I don't want to get older. I feel 15 at the most. I'm nearly 24 and don't act that age. Soon I will be 30 and it will start to weird people out.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 8:18 am

Just kidding topic

I relive my childhood in the stories I write. For me, this is therapeutic/cathartic .

I would like to go back forty-five years and tell "me" that things will eventually be all right. But it is important that I not disturb the time/space continuum, or I might not be here! :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Last edited by sartresue on 12 Sep 2008, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 8:28 am

I wish I could go back and play with my old toys, like lining up my Barbie dolls on the stairs. But, other than that, I wouldn't want to relive my childhood. I'm really glad it's over with. One thing that would be neat to see, though, if I could relive my childhood would be to see how much earlier my AS would've been suspected/diagnosed. When I was a kid, AS was only beginning to be known about.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?