Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 5:35 pm

I had a similar problem once, at a Pharmacy inside a Supercenter type discount store.
It sounds a lot like your experience, sort of.
Well kind of, same level of frustration, lol.
Both involve an item behind the counter on a shelf too. I had to get an item from the pharmacy that is normally sold in the regular aisles. The state I live in has illegal drug problems so there's a law that puts all medicines that contain Ephedra or Pseudo-Ephedra on a shelf behind the counter in the Pharmacy and I have to show my driver's license and sign my name to purchase them, can only buy a small quantity ever so often. The idea is to keep drug makers from buying large quantities of Ephedra.
At the Pharmacy...
There wasn't a line that I could see, just a bunch of customers sitting on benches. One lady was at the counter and I stood behind her. There were three cash registers with two pharmacy technicians working.
I asked another technician about the cold medicine as he went sashaying hastily by and he told me I would have to wait for the other employee to finish with the customer ahead so I waited.
That's when this other woman butted in and told me I had to wait my turn. I didn't know what she was talking about. She motioned to all the people sitting on the benches but there was no line I could see. I was confused and feeling bad because of my cold.
She was very rude about it and treated me like I was cutting in line in front of all these people. From what I could tell, the people on the benches were waiting for the pharmacy to fill their prescriptions and were not actually in line. All I needed was one box of cold medicine. IMO I shouldn't have to wait in line for it anyway, it should be easily obtainable on the shelves in the store's aisles. Why should I have to wait to get my cold medicine because a few idiots decide to make methamphetamine with PseudoEphedra?
It's not me doing it why do I have to wait while I have this terrible cold when I can't even tell if the people on the benches are in line (it really didn't look like they were waiting on anything but their prescriptions to be filled and I wasn't about to wait for every single one of them before I got my lousy box of cold medicine.)
It was ridiculous.
So, I got kind of pissed off and I had an altercation with the woman. I told her I couldn't detect a line and I looked behind me. Not a one of them said anything. Not one said,
"Hey, I'm in line here. "
They said nothing confirming my suspicions they were not in line. I told the woman,
"When an actual employee tells me what to do I will do it but you aren't an employee."
This aggravated her.
That's when the tech chimed in.
The pharmacy tech helping the lady in front of me told me whoever was there first would be served first, and from what I could tell, that was happening. She was waiting on two ladies who were in front of me and the others weren't in line, they were just waiting to get their prescriptions.
I was in a bad mood and didn't care and told the woman working they had the worst customer service I had ever seen in my life and they should create an orderly line so people know where to wait.
I told her I was going to the neighborhood market and would never return to their pharmacy (easy to do since there is a pharmacy on every corner here, no hyperbole)
Before I left, I found a manager and complained like you wouldn't believe. I explained what happened and how rude the employees were being and I couldn't tell where the line began or ended so I just stood behind the woman who was waiting in front of the counter. The manager was sympathetic and told me after listening she would have a talk with them.
So, for the longest time, lol, I avoided that pharamacy. If they piss me off I will avoid them but I get over it and since it's so convenient, I return. I just bought something at that pharmacy the other day, as a matter of fact.
My high strung behaviour does pay off. Most of the time they open up a cash register just for me if they see me waiting in a line and acting irritable. I think they understand I have certain issues and they try to help me out.
You could explain to the manager and see if your store might do the same for you.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 6:52 pm

What's saddest is that nobody wins. They lose and you lose. You lose because you have to go out of your way to shop somewhere else where there's more respect for the customer. And they lose because they haven't singled you out: they disrespect all customers and when another store opens in the area, they'll be out of business in no time - because customers (silently) hate them. I've seen more than a couple """"powerful"""" "food providers" go from always full to always zero customers to bankrupcy in a matter of days when they had no monopoly anymore.

Funny how society defends this "who needs who more" hierarchy as important and necessary, when everyone loses from it.

As for this neighbourhood supermarket, I guess I'll avoid it as much as possible and shop in it only when I don't have a more respectful choice. Otherwise I'll shop on the way home from work where there's no monopoly and power games. I suppose that's what everyone else in the neighbourhood does too...

WonderWomen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2008, 2:43 am

Greentea wrote:
What hurts the most is how she pretends not to hear me all along while I'm complaining, and continues the transaction with the other person as if nobody was talking.

I think I'll write a letter to the manager, to avoid his trying to show me I'm the one in the wrong, as they usually do around here.

Some guy has been asking why I won't see him anymore.
I pretend to acknowledge him by saying it's because we have nothing in common.
Of course, that's not informative, so he'll just have to guess.
Do you think I should communicate more?

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 6:49 am

donkey wrote:
yeah i use to be the guy that stood there and counted the numbers of items in the " 9 items or less basket"
and would be incensed when some one had 10 items.

one day some lady tried to barge past me and told me " i wont be long" as she strolled past me.
i stood in front of her and her trolley and said " you will be longer than me"

i thought i was cool...i probably scared her.

anyway these things incense me too, we AS have a tremendous sense of righteousness.

i will sit here in my living room and laugh it off , but i can go out and do it tonight, forget what i tell you and kick up a fuss.

what do you do?

you need to "let it go"

i know this is easy to say........but in time and with practice you can learn to not react....it wont stop you from wanting to kill the checkout girl, but you have to control it.

why?

because no one else can.

YAY finally a sensible response to someone describing typical AS behaviour. :hail:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx