Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

azalynn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Aug 2005, 9:44 pm

I say silly things all the time but generally I don't realize it's silly until someone points it out. I chalk it up to having a lack of common sense. For instance, in 6th grade we went on a trip to the state capital (Hartford, CT when I lived in CT) and they had a big bronze(?) statue of Nathan Hale. I asked, in all seriousness, "Is Nathan Hale's body encased in that statue?" Everyone laughed and the teacher got mad and thought I was trying to make a scene, but I really wanted to know -- I'd been thinking to myself, perhaps when famous people die they might want to get a good likeness so they coat them in something, hence the statue question. It had to be explained to me that no, generally dead people aren't made into statues. I just had (and have) extremely compartmentalized knowledge)

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 10:24 pm

I wish I had a nickel for every comment that either I or someone else perceived as stupid or irrelevant. :( Preferably deposited directly into a savings acount. :lol:

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 11:23 pm

I said something something about bloated. I thought it meant something else. It was really embarasing.

childofalessergod
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2005, 9:36 am

I say a lot of stupid and silly things...I know they're stupid because when my mind is randomly searching itself, it tends to repeat these infernal statements to me over and over and over again.

That's some of the reason I become shy and afraid to talk in public (and these sort of places).

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2005, 9:39 am

I say many, many many stupid things. I'm impulsive and things fly out of my mouth before I have a chance to think about them