any sales people with Aspergers, and have overcome it?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 5:27 pm

I couldn't give away free money. :oops:

I'm not really exaggerating that much on this.
I'm not what is known as a "people person".

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 6:26 pm

olympiadis wrote:
I couldn't give away free money. :oops:

Apparently that's not saying much:

Ashcotter117
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

I'm currently 29 and I've been in sales most of my life.
Granted I've lost a lot of jobs due to the nature of my schitzopal personality disorder but I've had success when I'v stayed on track at times been regarded as the biggest talent within the company (granted I worked hard and read a lot of personal development from sales an business Giants which done me a world of good)

I would love to be a personal trainer and that's my first love but due to social anxiety I struggle and get awkward in relationships but on the phone or face to face making one or two contacts then it's wham bam thank you mam Sale done never see that person again they don't even have enough time to realise iM AS.

I feel a lot of aspies can do exceptionally well in sales especially if one is willing to practice the script sharpen there skills it becomes second nature the longer in the role the more skilled a person will get at the sales process and in time that opens more doors perhaps being a trainer or a speaker or a sales coach (again the material is rehearsed it becomes second nature)

What I struggle with is sharp off the tongue group banter and building personal relationships with colleagues and general morning / lunchtime chit chat