Does anyone here have excessive hand washing from OCD?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 12:59 pm

I have OCD, and have washed my hands so much to the point where the skin has become totally dry.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 3:56 pm

I wash my hands excessively from OCD. I always want to have clean hands. If they're dirty from something, I wash them. If I touch something that I think is dirty, I was my hands. If I just get the feeling my hands are not completely clean, I wash them. :? It's not uncommon for me to wash around 15 times just while cooking dinner, because I wash after touching each ingredient.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 4:08 pm

No, in fact I probably don´t wash my hands enough. In fact, I have to sometimes remind myself to wash my hands. I´m not sure if this stems from when I was a little kid, but I used to hate the smell and texture of soap, so I rarely washed my hands. If I did, it was just with water. But nowadays at least they make nicer soft soap.

I do, however, floss my teeth pretty excessively. I hate the feel of something stuck in my teeth! I bring some dental floss everywhere I go, just in case.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 6:03 pm

Amik wrote:
I wash my hands excessively from OCD. I always want to have clean hands. If they're dirty from something, I wash them. If I touch something that I think is dirty, I was my hands. If I just get the feeling my hands are not completely clean, I wash them. :? It's not uncommon for me to wash around 15 times just while cooking dinner, because I wash after touching each ingredient.

ME TOO!! 8O

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 7:45 am

i wash my hands excessively.. approximately 50-100 times a day and it's quite "disabling" :(
I'm sorry others have the same problem but it's kinda comforting also.