My bedroom walls have no posters - aspie thing or just me?

Page 2 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:02 pm

I am not certain, but my grandfather had some trails and may he was an Aspie too. He refused to refer to the decoration my grandmother put in the rooms in an any other way than "dust catchers" (Ger. "Staubfaenger").

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:02 pm

By the way, when I was a teenager, while other kids were getting in trouble for painting graffiti on buildings, bridges, signs, etc, I got in trouble for drawing a parabola on my bedroom wall! I guess that shows how different I was. I liked drawing parabolas in class at school once I learned how, so I took a ruler and made a 2 foot by 2 foot parabola on my wall, and then colored the distorted square shapes in with red and green colored pencils.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:03 pm

Posters, paintings, drawings, random photos, silly signs, tapestries of dogs playing pool...everywhere all over the walls...then there are murals....

but maybe I am not an aspie... :wink:

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:07 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Posters, paintings, drawings, random photos, silly signs, tapestries of dogs playing pool...everywhere all over the walls...then there are murals....

but maybe I am not an aspie... :wink:

Believe it or not, I looked here because I figured if ANYONE had them, YOU did! With mardigras, and all!

Liresse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2009, 8:15 pm

^poopylungstuffing - hehe.

no posters, but bunches of everything else. sheet for new zealand sign language alphabet. very small pieces of paper with reminders like "Laundry" or "Make tomorrow's lunch" (from many months ago!), a coupon for free coffee, a birthday card. a strip that i cut out from a bank balance sheet (! !)

i don't know why.

but no posters and never have been.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:18 pm

I guess I don't have too many "posters"..

Just the one of Zappa sitting on the toilet, but it isn't up right now..I usually hang it in one of the bathrooms...Maybe I will hang it in the mens' room...

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:35 pm

My walls were empty for years before I really started liking sports. Now my walls are covered with Red Sox, Patriot and Celtics posters.

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:53 pm

My walls are covered with posters and pictures. I have posters of Jimi Hendrix, the Joker, Chuck Norris, and a poster of 5 naked girls with the Pink Floyd albums painted on their backs. I own a framed picture of Jimi Hendrix's Axis: Bold As Love album, a framed pic of picture with the final lines of Stairway to Heaven written on it, and a framed pic of Scarface.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 8:53 pm

I have nothing on my walls.

My bedroom has been likened to a cell in a monastery.

Photos here.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 9:31 pm

I think it's definitely an aspie thing and it's because we like to keep our visual stimulation to a low when we're in our safe place at home.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

matt
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 9:47 pm

I don't hang any decorations on my walls. The only things I've hung on my wall are dark curtains covering my window.

Belgium
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2009, 9:58 pm

whitetiger wrote:
I think it's definitely an aspie thing and it's because we like to keep our visual stimulation to a low when we're in our safe place at home.

Good logic. I only partly correspond though, I like a certain amount of colour and life but without unnatural motion. So my room is a mess, and I like it that way. I actually hung posters on the wall as an alternative to cleaning my room, the floor is a mess but the walls were clear and it freaked me out.

In my room there is:

Poster of Valentino Rossi
Poster of Ferrari Enzo
Poster of My Chemical Romance
Several jumbo posters of the SR-71 Blackbird *dribble*
A4 cutouts of people on motorcycles.

So it's hectic! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dan

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 10:08 pm

I used to have posters plastered over one wall that I originally called 'the wall.' It had music posters, fliers, tickets and around 20 set lists.
When I got over those bands I took down the posters, and now I only have my photo prints of bands I've photographed. I have a mini band poster wall. Over my bed is my Thursday poster that keeps falling down and on my door is a poster of Thursday's new album. On the other side of the door is my Funeral For a Friend door; posters, tickets, magazine articles and pictures cover almost the whole door.

When I was a kid my obsession was dogs so I had dozens of dog pictures on my wall.

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2009, 10:25 pm

Right now I don't have much up but I've always been obsessed with showing off my, well, obsessions, so I have always had relevant t-shirts, signs, posters, etc. I used to have all kinds of posters of bands up but I decided to take them down, at least for now. I'm trying to redecorate my room but I have to clean it first, and that is a daunting task.

...But I may not be an aspie!

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 10:42 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
My walls were empty for years before I really started liking sports. Now my walls are covered with Red Sox, Patriot and Celtics posters.

That's how it was with me, only replace sports with music. :) Once I got into music, I had to put my idols on my walls. And the naked women ... well that was a must for me, as it was the only way I was going to see any for a while! :lol:

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 10:42 pm

I've got two bedrooms, both painted in beige (the whole house is). One room has a big poster I got of "The Secret Life of Bees" when I went to an advance screening of it. The other room has no posters, but two pictures I need to hang up. However, it has five or six posters hanging up in my closet (The closet is huuuuge for a kids' room.). When it comes to posters, I usually keep things pretty simple. I only go for the larger posters. The magazine tear-outs are too tacky and are not allowed in this house.