Anyone find that the "interests" section is too sh

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

How many special interests do you have?
1 - 2 very intense interests 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
2 - 5 special areas of interest (unrelated) 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
2 - 5 special areas of interest (related) 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
5 or more special areas of interest (unrelated) 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
5 or more special areas of interest (more or less related) 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
10 or more special areas of interest (with strong preference for only a few of them ) 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
I have no special interests. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 45

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

17 May 2009, 12:02 pm

Just realized I don't actually have mine in my profile, but some of them are...

Past: palaeontology and dinosaurs, myths and legends, heraldry, Ireland, Hinduism, W. B. Yeats, William Blake, Tolkien and the Elvish languages, various cartoon/TV characters, ghosts, angels (especially the fallen ones), ballet, John Lennon and The Beatles, various other bands and artists, Broadway musicals, Dante's Commedia, the Pre-Raphaelites, chess, Watership Down, Wicca, Buddhism, Neil Gaiman and Sandman, Red Dwarf, The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Doctor Who, and probably lots of other stuff I can't even remember.

Present: Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, all things concerning the city of Seattle including its early history, the Pacific Northwest generally, human anatomy, pathology, embryology, languages, words and their origins, world religions and spiritual beliefs, magic and the occult, Gnosticism, afterlife beliefs, AS, the Fat Acceptance movement, writing, art journaling, music in general, outsider art, graphic novels...and in a less intense form, a lot of the interests I had in the past. Some of those are more or less there all the time, some of them cycle on and off depending on my mood and what I've had my attention drawn to.

Some connections and subcategories, as you can see, but still rather a lot when I list them separately...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 2:09 pm

My restrictive and repetitive interests are...lets see.....

Singing..That is literally how I learned to speak...I am pretty sure...thanks to my grandmother...
um..so with that over the years have been lots of musicals i have memorized...and also the ukulele which i love...but that is tied in to the singing...I was in choir in elementary school...then musical theater...then I joined a band....and I have been in bands ever since...I am not particularly the greatest singer.....but good enough...and it is something I do a lot of...

I used to write an awul lot...and draw....I only recently heard the term hypergraphia..and I think I have it....I have notebooks and notebooks of old writng...I used to keep obsessive journals...

Making and collecting homemade toys...I first became interested in doll making when I was about 7 and for the longest, one of my favorite things to do was attempt to make dolls out of various household objects...mostly socks......but I didn;t really know what I was doing....so they were never very good.

I also collect vintage toys that fall into various categories..I also collect homemade quilts...

Really i have a very large collection of collections...

As a teenager I managed to collect so many vintage hats that they practically filled my room...

So...singing and collecting things....fairly non-intellectual pursuits....

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2009, 3:43 pm

Ants
Geomag
Computers
Philosophy
Disorders and diseases, their causes and cures.
Politics
Stocks
^In no particular order^
EMZ=]

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2009, 5:42 pm

Here's mine:

Anime
Writing
History (especially the Hittites, Celts, and Inquisition)
Leviathan and Behemoth
All the Megaman series games (Classic to ZX and Battle Network, but especially Megaman X games and plot)
Instrumental Music (doesn't matter what kind it is; I'll listen to it.)