Page 11 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 8:38 pm

Some people love my eyes, others are scared of them, and some people think I look perpetually stoned... I don't know why.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 9:06 pm

I never even knew there was such thing as aspie eyes.

I don't think I have them. I will though I tend to not smile in pictures.

harshcore
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2015, 3:05 am

I was told I had stoned eyes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 3:11 am

when I was in college, one person told me I had "bedroom eyes." I had no idea what they were talking about. :scratch:

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 3:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
I've long practiced looking at myself in the mirror, to try to make my visage friendlier-looking, to try to smile with my eyes. :)

I can't even comprehend the idea that eyes can smile. They just look like eyes to me. Sometimes they are dilated, sometimes less dilated. Sometimes flecks become visible and other times the surface looks placid. I can understand natural responses to the environment like dilation or squinting, but I don't know how it is that I could tell something expressive from looking at them. Up to now I've always operated on the assumption that it had more to do with facial expressions, and the amount and timing of eye contact.

Of course I've also heard all of my life about how unfocused, distant, or dead my eyes look. They find it unnerving and I have had to make up for it by becoming a better conversationalist over time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 3:46 am

I practiced talking to myself in the mirror and imitating how other people looked when they talked. also practiced sounding the way they sounded when they talked, to modest effect.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 3:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
I practiced talking to myself in the mirror and imitating how other people looked when they talked. also practiced sounding the way they sounded when they talked, to modest effect.

Did it work?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 4:24 am

to modest effect, I notice it at least in my bimonthly aspie meetup, I function better. also notice it when I deal with cashiers at wallyworld. but some traces of "uncanny valley" persist no matter what I do. but I try anew every day. I'm stubborn. :mrgreen:

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 4:25 am

It's hard for me to look anything other than blank.

In photos I always try to smile but fail miserably, and end up looking stupid.

Sometimes I just can't do emotions

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 4:55 am

I look something like one of those Claymation armature-equipped gizmos they make those stop-motion movies with, IOW my expressions are a hair delayed and a hair off-kilter, contributing to the uncanny valley.

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 4:57 am

I've been accused of

1. Looking high

2. Staring intently

My 'high' eyes look like dossa's uploaded picture, except mine are blue. When I'm interested in something or otherwise paying attention, I take on the 'deep stare' look.

TheNameless
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2015, 7:05 am

My son looks the same in almost every picture I have of him since he was little. He pulls the same face. It is hard to get a decent photo of him because he has a nervous habit with his eyes where he squints and rubs at them constantly when he's uncomfortable or anxious (people used to think he needed glasses) so the time you do get him with open eyes the look is either the 'stoned or drunk' look or he's not looking directly at the camera at all.

He avoids photos these days completely so I have stopped asking him to pose.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 9:04 am

auntblabby wrote:

When I was younger, I was curious whether “the other person” could tell if I was looking into their eyes (or not).

So, I decided to perform an experiment, where I would look into the mirror and tilt and/or move my head and eyes -- up, down, left, right. Of course, I quickly discovered that using a mirror to figure this out was quite difficult.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 6:23 pm

I have no pictures to share, but I have the stare. Like I am a million miles away. Which usually I am. A guy at work asks me all the time "you sleeping?". I guess that's why. People also ask me what's wrong and what I'm sad all the time.

selin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2015, 6:37 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Yes I have noticed this, and there have been many threads about this subject so you're not the only one who's noticed.
The aspie eyes tend to have a "daydreamy" or stoned look to them, or like they're just staring at nothing. My best friend has the aspie eyes, and I find it really attracteve heh heh.

This really made me smile! I've been told a number of times that I seem "spaced out", "dreamy" or like I'm about to "disappear into another cosmos" haha.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 7:55 pm

In the past I was told that I had very bright, healthy, youthful-looking eyes. Whenever I look at them in the mirror, however, (yes I am able to do this), I think they look angry and intense. It's the eyebrows, they're in a permanent downward slant.