The new AS Test (Among the best I've seen)

Page 12 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 7:46 am

EvilZak wrote:
Some of the weighting in the test is actually deliberate - some of these traits would be much more likely to be possessed by an autistic person than an NT, so only a low score is needed to "pass". Other traits could more easily apply to NT's, so a very high score is needed to pass.

Ok, your intentions are good.

But if it's a likelihood test for AS it's based on Autism specific or autism dominant traits. Does that means the other traits in your questionnaire are controls so that an NT would score on those OR an NT with social phobia or personality disorder might score on those (plus perhaps your autism specific traits)?

Then what is the scale saying? is the continuous linear scale graded unidirectionally or is it categorical based on hitting a threshold after which you trigger the category "likely to be Aspie"

Flyingladder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 May 2011, 10:35 am

Scored 71 out of 72 which I did not expect.

evil_eyes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2011, 11:09 am

71/72, all except one were green. Thanks for the account, I couldn't use it otherwise. Don't really want to broadcast that I'm taking an as quiz on my fb to my friends =P

I never understood the "Do you notice when people are bored with the convo?" questions. If we don't notice, then we wouldn't think that we bore people, right? How are we supposed to know that we don't notice?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 12:45 pm

Wooster wrote:
marshall wrote:

I'm diagnosed.

Did you have trouble understanding / answering those "do you bore people" type questions?

Some people might find me boring but I don't think I actively bore people. Maybe when I was 10 I did but not now. These days if I don't percieve that someone is interest in what I have to say I generally feel somewhat annoyed or hurt, like I'm wasting my effort, and socially withdraw. I probably even give up too quick thinking people aren't interested due to anxiety, irritation, and/or low self-esteem.

A lot of quizzes have questions I didn't know how literally to take. Questions like "do people ever tell you that...". The truth is I'm not close enough to any people who would be that blunt in telling me something about my behavior. That or the question has just never come up. But should I always answer "never" on those kinds of questions? Even when I suspect that some people DO notice something in my behavior but are inevitably too polite to literally tell it to my face?

I don't think this quiz was as bad as others in that regard though. I was able to answer most of the questions easily and honestly without wracking my brain. Overall I think the quiz is accurate. I would have got a straight 70-72 score like others here say 20 years ago. Obviosly my AS symptoms have declined with age (though my mental health problems such as depression have only gotten worse with time).

questions28
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 2:16 pm

72/72. that seems a little too high. i'd put myself at 65/72 or something similar...

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2011, 5:17 pm

Freshlemon wrote:
68/72. The ony part I got red was the part about synesthesia, which is funny since I actually have it, but only with people and personalities. They didn't ask for that :roll: What's not funny is that although I pressed the skip button on posting my results, my recent activity page still said I started using the AS-test. So I got my friends asking me today if I have AS and what my score was :(

Just remove the application after you have used the test. That way everything it has posted will disappear.

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2011, 5:49 pm

marshall wrote:
Wooster wrote:
marshall wrote:

I'm diagnosed.

Did you have trouble understanding / answering those "do you bore people" type questions?

Some people might find me boring but I don't think I actively bore people. Maybe when I was 10 I did but not now. These days if I don't percieve that someone is interest in what I have to say I generally feel somewhat annoyed or hurt, like I'm wasting my effort, and socially withdraw. I probably even give up too quick thinking people aren't interested due to anxiety, irritation, and/or low self-esteem.

A lot of quizzes have questions I didn't know how literally to take. Questions like "do people ever tell you that...". The truth is I'm not close enough to any people who would be that blunt in telling me something about my behavior. That or the question has just never come up. But should I always answer "never" on those kinds of questions? Even when I suspect that some people DO notice something in my behavior but are inevitably too polite to literally tell it to my face?

I don't think this quiz was as bad as others in that regard though. I was able to answer most of the questions easily and honestly without wracking my brain. Overall I think the quiz is accurate. I would have got a straight 70-72 score like others here say 20 years ago. Obviosly my AS symptoms have declined with age (though my mental health problems such as depression have only gotten worse with time).

That all sounds very familiar... - I'm fortunate in that I don't suffer now from outright depression (tho maybe 5 years ago it got very bad for a time) - and I have my wife to tell me things that otherwise I simply wouldn't know (I'm friendly with many people but have no friends as such - acquaintances not friends). I'll either react EXACTLY like you or go the opposite and really push on in spite of the fact that I think I'm seeing "the signs" - I figure they'll either see the error of THEIR ways (I NEVER feel that I'M the one acting oddly! ) and realise that what I'm saying isn't boring at all or they can damned well cut the crap and TELL me what they do or don't want to hear!.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 7:12 pm

Wooster wrote:
marshall wrote:
Wooster wrote:
marshall wrote:

I'm diagnosed.

That all sounds very familiar... - I'm fortunate in that I don't suffer now from outright depression (tho maybe 5 years ago it got very bad for a time) - and I have my wife to tell me things that otherwise I simply wouldn't know (I'm friendly with many people but have no friends as such - acquaintances not friends). I'll either react EXACTLY like you or go the opposite and really push on in spite of the fact that I think I'm seeing "the signs" - I figure they'll either see the error of THEIR ways (I NEVER feel that I'M the one acting oddly! ) and realise that what I'm saying isn't boring at all or they can damned well cut the crap and TELL me what they do or don't want to hear!.

My number one problem interacting with NT's is them asking me too many questions. Even friendly talk feels like a barrage or assualt. Mainly because unlike NT's I don't really enjoy talking about myself, my family, or my life. NT's always want to talk about the exact things I try to avoid thinking about.

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2011, 7:26 pm

I'm different there - opposite in fact - I'm VERY open - a "how are you" can easily end up with me explaining my whole life story if I'm not careful...

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 8:36 pm

marshall wrote:
My number one problem interacting with NT's is them asking me too many questions. Even friendly talk feels like a barrage or assualt. Mainly because unlike NT's I don't really enjoy talking about myself, my family, or my life. NT's always want to talk about the exact things I try to avoid thinking about.

I don't like it either. I would rather talk about something with more discussional value.

NoSpam
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2011, 3:34 pm

Wooster wrote:
I'm different there - opposite in fact - I'm VERY open - a "how are you" can easily end up with me explaining my whole life story if I'm not careful...

Exactly! Me too! I don't talk much to people who I don't know or just met. Unfortunately, as soon as I feel comfortable enough to start talking, I talk too much. I tend to "over-share" about myself and my life. Then I can look back and see where they started pulling back and distancing themselves from me. My new friend(s) always seem to fade away... I am blind to what I am doing to disturb or push away my friends until it is too late. I can look back and see what I did after the damage is already done. As a result, I don't have any good friends.

I am really a nice guy and I really want to have friends. I just can't keep any friends because I bore them and/or scare them away. :-/

My AS test score:
Quote:
AS Test Score: 68 / 72

This score means that it is quite likely that you are on the autistic spectrum.

Your Aspie score: 147 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
AQ Score: 39

theLilAsimov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2011, 3:55 pm

I got a 67/72, which I believe is in a higher percentile than my other AQ score. Hm.....Well, I am diagnosed, so that explains the high score. :lol:

BasilSquire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2011, 2:30 pm

I scored 67/72. I'll print this out and add it to my folder of other online tests. My GP is currently trying to find somewhere locally that I can get diagnosed on the NHS. Not having much luck.

smokiethebear912
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2011, 5:23 am

AS Test Score: 66 / 72

arko5
Raven
Raven

14 Jun 2011, 6:23 am

66/72, considering I'm only supposed to have 'mild aspergers' that seems pretty high, mainly lack the synaesthesia stuff. I've never heard of 'autistic inertia' before, I've been wondering why I find it so hard to do multiple assignments simultaneously, and struggle to start new assignments. I hate to use 'autism' as an excuse though, but it does sound like a preferable reason to laziness. The real question is how to get around this, some sort of cattle prod when I'm not working might suffice.