Aspie Nation,If we build it will they come?

Page 12 of 12 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 6:32 pm

Magneto, I think this topic should be spun into it's own thread, this one is far too long and has too many off-topic posts.

AspianCitizen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2011, 10:35 pm

For few year now I readed such discution there and there. I'm very favorable to the emergence of an Aspie nation, since all those palabre never ended in any action I taked the initiative to go further and act. I founded Aspia, «a different nation».

Magneto wrote:
Also, the term nation is distinct from the term state, though they are often used interchangeably.

You are right on that, the term nation is distinct from the term state and have different meaning. Here in canada we have many nations inside the state. The Native are the firts nations and the federal governament recently officialy recognised the obvious fact that Quebekers are a nation inside of Canada.

Magneto wrote:
I do recognise that the formation of a sovereign *state* is unrealistic at the current time; however, the creation of a *nation* - a collection of communities - within another state is not (shame; I was looking forward to forming the Aspie Defence Force :) ).

Agree 100%

Magneto wrote:
Before that, of course, must come the establishment of a single, prototype, aspie community.

Magneto wrote:
Then we need to select a model.

We need to select many model in fact and take for their experience what fit us the best. For now Aspia developement is based on a component oriented and networked approche.

Magneto wrote:
Perhaps, in a few years, Ethnogensis may have happened to make it a much more viable proposition. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see people identifying as Aspie in that way. If that happens, we are in a stronger position.

I hope!

AspianCitizen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

I just readed about kibboutzim, moshavim and moshavim shitufiim on wikipedia. It's an interresting exemple, even if I beleave that kibboutzim are a too «bold social experiment» for my taste. The moshavim shitufiim are for me a more sane and suitable exemple to borrow from.

EliRush
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2011, 3:42 am

I'm on board, and I posted my proposal in the General Forum called "AspieTown" if anyone is interested. I can't do a link because I am new here.

I have tried building on raw land without gobs of money and it is damn hard.

AspianCitizen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

I found this page that describle something much like what I envision with Aspia. And what I mean when I talk of component and network oriented.

EliRush wrote:
I'm on board, and I posted my proposal in the General Forum called "AspieTown" if anyone is interested. I can't do a link because I am new here.

I have tried building on raw land without gobs of money and it is damn hard.

Yourt can be a very comfortable home. It's easy to install and to move somewhere else. A good choice I think before a permanent colonny can be set... You can move.