What is your LATEST obsession/special interest

Page 13 of 30 [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 30  Next

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 9:55 am

I'm rather into road and rail networks at the moment. :P

Rat_Barzane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2011, 10:00 am

aspergers, star trek, and composting worms (i got a worm farm last october, specifically requested it for my birthday :lol: )

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

drumchick34

11 Feb 2011, 11:01 am

Cryptoquotes and my scribblenauts game

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 11:04 am

finding a used but good-condition cadillac sedan deville, model years '86-'93. one with a cloth interior would be a HUGE plus. [i don't care for leather, as it makes me sweat in the summer and is freezing cold in the winter] i have always wanted one but never could afford one in good condition.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 8:15 pm

Probably planes. I used to be mildly interested, but once I started working towards a PPL around a year ago, things literally started to take-off.
I'm more into civilian aircraft and big jetliners than military fighters.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 9:18 pm

Birds, like birds kept as pets. Mostly different kinds of parrots.

higfam2

11 Feb 2011, 10:38 pm

I love both to puppeteer and to teach puppetry basics; puppetry 101 you might say. When I hear a song on the radio I envision how I could choreograph it for an upcoming puppet production. When I listen to a stand up comedian I look for one liners that I can work into future puppet skits. I try to keep an eye open for things that I can use for puppet props. There is nothing I enjoy more than watching "Professional Puppetry", Jim Henson's Muppet movies are long time favorites. This has been my special interest for over 11 years and counting. :)

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 9:09 pm

I've been struggling to figure out what my latest 'special interest' is but I think I've found it. Prog / physcadelic band The Mars Volta

stargazing
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2011, 11:23 pm

My most current ones are:

1. Olivier Messiaen and his music, particularly his unique use of sonority and synesthetic color.
2. Asperger Syndrome. (DUH!)
3. Barbershop quartet singing, and the goosebump-raising, acoustical "ringing" phenomenon known as "lock and ring" that occurs when chords are sung so perfectly in tune that you hear harmonics.

Oh, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKBhvDjuy0

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 12:34 am

Right now it is autism, as well as religion. Two different things, but there you have it. I have been obsessed with various religions for ages, particularly the cultures that manifest from them, different theologies, scriptural studies, history of religion, etc.

Kedman

13 Feb 2011, 2:04 am

Converting the entire contents of a vintage 750-page automotive parts catalog to HTML. I'm approaching 300 hours invested since mid-December. (yes, that's an average of 4.5 hrs./day.) At the current rate of progress, I have another 3-4 weeks before it's completed.

LibertiORDeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2011, 2:28 am

AS, electronic hip-hop mash-ups, Reddit

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2011, 3:11 am

mosh pit at punk and metal shows jus saw brain damage, knives and forks for freedom and the band by buddy julien plays gutair for the krapskrpes these hardcore punk bands had me moshing crazy couldnt go down my love for julieanne helps fuel me to pwn i wrecked three guys triple my size linked up with my freinds and tore aprat the club and even got to tear everyone in the cricle pit man i had fun also i was high so that made it more fun man i cant sleep after this show it ended at 10 now itts three too busy watching mosh videos on youtube and leanring how to get instant kills with ur various moves that can insure u vicotry and i will bring my girlfreind julieanne to one as soon as she moved out of her group home also when she moves out i will make the band and have her play keyboards and do high nightwish and lacuin coil singing and i will take her to skateparks and teach her to skadteboard

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 3:26 am

Currently I am getting back into my re-occurring interest in making a stealth camper van which on the outside would look like a regular cargo work van but on the inside I'd have a bed and some other things and a little bit of technology. Not a real RV with running water or anything like that. Maybe a van fridge eventually.

Since I'm thinking of buying a car I may buy a Chevy Astro stripped cargo van. I'd buy it from a place that resells fleet vans. I figure business owned vans would more likely have done scheduled periodic maintenance than a personal van. This is my worst case scenario plan that I may end up homeless one day. I really like the idea of doing this to help get over my fears or be okay with that fear.

My brother is a journey level carpenter who's also gone to school for boat building and he told me he'd help. We'd make it cool but I don't want to get sucked into spending and losing money. I'd try to do this relatively frugally but not done cheaply or have a grungy looking van. I like idea of figuring these things out and being a stealth van dweller if forced to. I like to think I'd spend my time wisely at the beach and the library reading and taking naps.

If I do this I'd post before and after pictures somewhere on this site. But on the other hand this may turn into a passing thing where I fixate on something else.

I figure I could resell it to a hunter or van dweller.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 5:50 pm

The Tim Burton movie Sleepy Hollow starring Johnny Depp (of course) and Christina Ricci. I re-watched it last night and fell in love with it. I especially love Ichabod and Katrina; they are great characters and I think they make a beautiful couple. :) They also make good imaginary friends for me; I could use someone who thinks rationally like Ichabod (especially seems how one of my other companions is the Mad Hatter!) and it doesn't hurt to have someone as "bewitching" as Katrina hanging around either. :wink:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

13 Feb 2011, 5:56 pm

Every single little difference between the American, European, and Japanese versions of the game Alien Soldier; the biochemistry of the d/l-isnomers of stimulant drugs, and finally, OROS vs. SODAS drug delivery mechanisms.