100 Ways to Annoy Somebody With Asperger's Syndrome

Page 13 of 45 [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 45  Next

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 1:42 pm

338) Go on a popular autism message board and put up post that talks about a possible cure for autism but the cure mentioned in the post involves the shocking of children then expect the autistic people who read your post to act like you did not suggest something horrible.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2011, 2:33 pm

Locustman wrote:
337. Whistle happy songs and be upbeat and chatty first thing in the morning - although this would admittedly be irritating for anyone who hasn't had a lobotomy.

Evven better...

339. At a camp, when everybody's lined up in front of the dining hall for breakfast at 7 a.m. in their groups, make them compete by singing really loudly, and whichever group's the loudest gets to go inside for food first.

This was the same camp that had the stupid buddy system. It was secure enough.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Mar 2011, 4:45 pm

Todesking wrote:
338) Go on a popular autism message board and put up post that talks about a possible cure for autism but the cure mentioned in the post involves the shocking of children then expect the autistic people who read your post to act like you did not suggest something horrible.
+1

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 1:54 am

340. send holiday cards that say (variants of) "it's not what you accomplish that's important; it's who's by your side"

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 2:04 am

341) Do things differently than they do it and when they tell you of a better way to do it, still do it your way. Same as when they tell you what they do to get things done still, still do what you do and still say you don't have the time to do those other things ignoring that aspie's advice.

342) Write an article about an aspie who committed a crime and connect it with their AS

343) When someone commits a crime, diagnose them as having AS because of their lonely childhoods and issues with relating to their peers.

344) Come on here and trash talk your partner and label them as having AS or say you suspect they may have it, you know one of those posts you would find on ASPartners. Post that here. :P

Last edited by League_Girl on 04 Mar 2011, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 5:55 am

Charges wrote:
n+1. Assign him or her a task without clear guidelines.

n+2. Assign a task without clear guidelines and make her or her do it in a GROUP.

345. Then if they fail, get mad at them and refuse to explain how it should be done.

346. Refuse to explain the reason for doing something.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:08 am

347. Set up requirements that cannot be met, then get mad when they are not met.

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2011, 11:12 am

If you are a teacher, tell them that 1kg = 10 newtons (when it is really 9.80665002864).
Tell them that 1MB = 1,000,000 bytes (when it is really 1,048,576).
Tell them that the primary colours are red, yellow and blue.
Tell them that 4x2's are actually 4" by 2".
Tell them that 3 feet is the same a a meter.
At the end of their education, reveal that every fact they have been taught has been rounded or dumbed down, and that their scientific predictions are useless because they are based on incorrect facts WHICH YOU TAUGHT THEM!

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2011, 2:00 pm

likeasorethumb wrote:
174) Bully an aspie just because you know they're sensitive.

My YOUNGER brother does this. :( It's pathetic, but it gets to me. I'm 18 and in college, and he's in the 8th grade. It's always.."NO friends, NO friends..you have NO FRIENDS..." again and again, and it replays in my head.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 2:15 pm

349) Tell them they can't do something and refuse to say why

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 8:37 pm

Non_Passerine wrote:
Locustman wrote:
337. Whistle happy songs and be upbeat and chatty first thing in the morning - although this would admittedly be irritating for anyone who hasn't had a lobotomy.

Evven better...

339. At a camp, when everybody's lined up in front of the dining hall for breakfast at 7 a.m. in their groups, make them compete by singing really loudly, and whichever group's the loudest gets to go inside for food first.

This was the same camp that had the stupid buddy system. It was secure enough.

Not as bad as the camps I went to.

I went to this one where I asked them for a red pipe cleaner for a craft that we were going to be doing, and they said "We will see what we can do", then they gave me a pink one, and the person beside me got a red one and they didn't let me have it. Seriously, if I wasn't going to get a red pipe cleaner why didn't you just tell me?

I went to another one where they told me that I was "bound to make a friend by the end of the week" when everyone was already at camp with one of their siblings or friend so they probably wouldn't be interested in making new friends.

I went to another one that had no structure. Enough said.

I went to this other camp where everyone was allowed to do whatever they wanted except me. I had some restrictions. They forced me to watch a movie that I didn't really want to watch.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

04 Mar 2011, 8:51 pm

Say do it because I told you so and that is a good enough reason.....

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

04 Mar 2011, 9:29 pm

351. Keep interrupting, changing the subject, and making it about things that happened to you 50 years ago instead of sticking to the topic.
352. When interrupting, keep telling the autistic person you're talking to that she's unable to live independently because for 20% of her adult life she received barely enough financial support from a relative to live on her own, and forgetting about the fact that you know she has ADHD.
353. Suggest that crashing and burning in college was because she didn't try hard enough to push through.
354. Keep the conversation spinning so much that the autistic person who is trying to explain she is autistic is unable to keep up long enough to get back on track.
355. Keep pretending the fact that she couldn't excel in school despite testing as gifted does not have any bearing on life outcome.

Bill_Bailey
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2011, 5:02 am

356. Give them a set of rules to follow and break every single one

Daina
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2011, 8:09 am

357-Without their consent, volunteer them to have flour, water, egg and sugar poured on them publicly if their team doesn't win a fundraiser thing.

358-When their team loses, tell them "it will be fun!" and "Just live it up and be sanguine, no one likes a sourpuss." And don't leave them alone about it.

Tsukimi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2011, 8:25 am

Aimless wrote:
19. Shout at them when they're having a meltdown. My son's school did this.

My family did it. So I learnt to hide away during meltdowns.