Page 13 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 3:54 am

I've been listening to a film score song for the past 5 hours.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 7:24 am

You ask to turn the 3-d printer off during a test because it's distracting, and everyone else in the room says "Why? The air conditioner is just as loud." Do they not notice the difference between one continuous sound and weird, irregular, jagged noise?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 7:31 am

some people truly cannot tell the difference.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 8:52 am

For me, my best friend for a long time was my cat, Samantha.

PaperTrails
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jun 2019, 10:51 am

IstominFan wrote:
For me, my best friend for a long time was my cat, Samantha.

Ditto...only it was my cat obv. :lol:

...you used to walk alone around your neighborhood as a kid/teen looking for unsuspecting cats to pet because you had no friends to hang out with, and they ended up knowing you and coming up to you for attention when you walked down the street.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 6:54 am

I think the neighborhood cats like me, probably because they know I am going to feed them in the morning. Here comes the cat lady.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 8:46 am

You know a great deal about autism because you have done research on the subject since you were in elementary school. The first time I learned about autism was when I was in sixth grade. I read a Reader's Digest condensed book, For the Love of Ann, about a British girl with severe autism. She went from being non-verbal and severely withdrawn to being an intelligent young woman.

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2019, 11:45 am

If the first thing you wish to know about a given song, album, poem, novel, film, painting etc is its year of publication/release. Bonus points if the second thing is the birth and/or death year of the person/s behind it.

If you can reel off various statistics and records of a sport without actually being an active fan of the said sport.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 4:47 pm

If you knew everything about the sport and your favorite players in the sport long before you began playing that sport yourself. (Tennis)

If you know everything about a certain sport and you aren't an active participant. (Marathon running/general track and field athletics).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 6:46 pm

You May be An Aspie If...

... you finally get a date, and all you can talk about is your favorite subject.

... you get excited about subjects that everyone else could not possibly care any less about.

... you had to redo your report on famous people because the teacher did not recognize the person you picked to write about.

... you have been talking about the same subject for at least an hour now, and you are not teaching a class.

... you have ever subtly slipped fandom references into your university essay papers.

... you have memorized all the pertinent data regarding your favorite celebrity, but you can not remember the birthdays of your parents or siblings.

... you misuse the word 'research' whenever the word 'study' would be more appropriate.

... you realize that some things really are better left unsaid, but only after you have already said them.

... you see the needle but do not notice the haystack.

... you see the trees but do not notice the forest.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 8:15 pm

You see the forest, but it makes you think about Fangorn Forest, then Mirkwood, then the Old Forest, and then Lothlorien. Finally, you are deep in Elvish lore and have missed your dentist appointment.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 9:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
... you see the needle but do not notice the haystack.

You recall exactly where you were when you learned this idiom, and every idiom (because they were so odd), what you were wearing, how your shirt felt, what you were picturing, and all the connections or sensory imprints that your mind created to make sense of the saying. You can smell the moment. You still remember that it was the same day you learned about The Pied Piper, so you will always associate the two. Every time you hear this idiom the entire scene comes back like a snapshot imprint, because that's how your brain remembers everything.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 9:26 am

Fnord,

All of these apply to me except for the fandoms.

I have written reports and speeches on famous runners, tennis players and figure skaters. I only took up tennis four years ago and have never run a marathon and have only ice skated once, when I was in the fifth grade. I would up falling on my rear end a lot.

ju5t4n3rd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2019, 1:12 pm

... if you replay the same song on repeat for Literal Hours because it's the only sound you want to listen to right now and for forever*.

*Until you find a new song to latch onto

I love cats!! !

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 1:29 pm

You think any normal bodily reactions, functions or ailments you have are to do with autism (I don't though).

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 9:13 am

Joe90,

I don't think that way, either.