100 Ways to Annoy Somebody With Asperger's Syndrome

Page 14 of 45 [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 45  Next

Tsukimi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2011, 12:18 pm

359. Tell them: "You would be such a beautiful person if you didn't have AS".

360. Tell them to bring an item, then get mad because they didn't bring three.

361. Tell them they do such and such intentionally to make you feel ashamed.

363. Make gross logic fallacies, then complain when they correct you.

364. Use the word "autistic" to mean "ret*d/ugly/evil", then when they correct you say they are fussying too much on PC and they are rude.

365. Tell them not to over-analyze.

366. Tell them they just have to follow their instinct.

367. Tell them they will always be losers if they keep on ....... <-- put here something they can't help at all.

368. Be a professor of them and give wrong information.

369. Be a professor, say they can ask all the questions they want, then complain when they ask 50+ questions within a lesson.

370. Call them "autistic" as an insult.

371. Claim that since x is an "autistic behaviour", they cannot be fine with that.

372. Be a parent, keep on complaining about awkward childhood episodes and refuse to listen when given a sensible explanation of the behaviour.

373. Be a doctor and be totally ignorant.

374. Say they are pissing off doctors because they claim to know more that them.

375. Say they need to "interrupt their routine" in order to feel better.

376. Say that FB/online friends are not real friends.

377. Say that nonverbal communication is what makes someone a human.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

378) Tell them they are selfish self centered people

379) Tell them they don't have/lack empathy

380) Tell them they are black and white despite the fact they can find the gray in rules for when there are exceptions

381) Yell out "BS" on their traits when they say they have that difficulty with (insert aspie trait here) when at times they (can read people or not being literal, etc.)

382) Tell them if they have any questions, just ask and then ignore their question when they do ask

383) Don't make the rules black and white and have there be exceptions and when an aspie does break a rule for that exception, accuse them of breaking the rules when you accepted that rule to be broken before by another person

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 1:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:
383) Don't make the rules black and white and have there be exceptions and when an aspie does break a rule for that exception, accuse them of breaking the rules when you accepted that rule to be broken before by another person

+1

TB
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 2:30 pm

Dont try to convince an aspie with the sentence''( because everyone else does it''

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

385) When they're trying to focus on their interest, keep interrupting them, preferrably by walking behind them or in circles around them, touching them and their stuff repeatedly, changing the lights, reading over their shoulder and talking nonstop for 10 minutes at a time about something uninteresting and asking them/reminding them to do something that you know they resent doing. Then pause or leave the room for just a minute or two, then come back and repeat the same. Repeat the process several times, preferrably for an hour or so. When you're done, insist that they've had enough time to relax or focus on their interests already and that they should do something else with you now. Image

386) When they're reading, keep talking to them and making them look up from the text. Then pause and wait for them to continue reading. When they've found the right place in the text to continue reading, only let them read about half a sentence and then start talking to them again or showing them something. Repeat the process at least 10 times or preferrably until they become too irritated to attempt reading more.

387) Get really mad and yell at them for doing the same thing as you've done yourself before or reacted positively to when somebody else did it.

388) Keep changing the rules as you go along and keep the rules unclear and vague at all times. Never tell them about the rules, but insist on them following them anyway, yet punish them when they do. Preferrably have different rules for everyone, break all of them yourself and award other people spontaneously for breaking them, but punish the aspie for attempting to follow them or for doing the same things as you awarded others for doing.

389) When they're following their routines, keep interrupting them, getting in the way, telling them to hurry up or pressuring them to break their routine.

390) Tell them they're overreacting when they get upset about something or have a meltdown.

391) Patronize their emotions and tell them they're having incorrect emotions, then "teach" them the "correct" (read: neurotypical) emotions they should be feeling.

392) Ask them to drive you to a social event that you must attend and then pick you up afterwards. Then, when you get to the place where the social event is being held and they ask you when they should pick you up, tell them "oh, but you're coming too. Didn't I tell you? You're invited too and already I told them you're coming" and then insist on dragging them along, not giving them any chance to prepare themselves in any way. (This happened to me today.)

Yensid wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Quote:
243) When they're having a meltdown and asking to be left alone, do the opposite and insist on staying with them to comfort them, because that must be what they really want even though they keep telling you the opposite.

My husband did this to me and it would escalate my meltdowns and then all of a sudden I would get violent.

My husband does this too, and so do most people who witness my meltdowns. They won't leave me alone and insist on staying with me, talking to me and trying to get me to talk. Then they follow me around if I try to move somewhere more private. This always makes the meltdown a lot worse and longer. I really hate it. If I wanted them to stay, I wouldn't repeatedly tell them to go away or ask to be left alone. :?

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 5:26 pm

393: To a disorganized aspie: Say that they have to make long terms or they will never get to do anything fun. (Someone did this to me at Christmas dinner)

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

394 (ish). After they've done a professional and thoroughly competent job of taking, tweaking and printing some photographs using several years of accumulated self-trained knowledge, tell them that no-one expected them to go to that much trouble.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

katzefrau wrote:
295. interpret their efforts to obtain information as a confrontation, questions as an accusations (therefore not answering them), or an informational correction as a criticism

I'm getting these sometimes.

395. Honked by cars when cycling on road. Meltdown optional.

396. Making city-bus timetable a joke in practice when I'm counting on it to minimize waiting-time.

397. Stepping in my working room where there are 3 girls and me, saying loudly: "Hello, girls!".

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:30 pm

398) Maybe a repeat but tell an aspie that it's rude to do things or tell them it's rude to say this or that or tell them something isn't polite but yet turn around and do them yourself. Same as holding their actions against them but you do those sort of actions yourself.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

Don't know if these have already been covered, but here goes-

1) Tell an Aspie his or her condition is over diagnosed by mental health professionals.
2) When someone says "If you/your child really has autism..."

This is the kind of crap that gets my blood boiling - among other things.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:56 pm

Indefinite antecedents for pronouns used in sentences.

Also incomplete sentences. Always with a complete sentence!

ruveyn

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:07 pm

403. People constantly complaining on others, giving the sense they are better.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

404: Hold them down and tickle them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:23 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I take it that's a shot at me.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

No. It is a general objection I have. I was not thinking about you at all.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 9:25 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

No. It is a general objection I have. I was not thinking about you at all.

ruveyn

I feel I must apologize. My little daughter has come down with a nasty cold which kept her out of school last Friday, and now I'm feeling on the rotten side myself. I guess I'm taking things wrong when I shouldn't, and I end up snapping at everyone.
Again, I apologize.