Page 15 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 5:31 am

gwynfryn wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
gwynfryn wrote:
quote]

So are you saying:

The Chandler & Macleod on line tests is the only reliable test for autism ?

Read it again; the C&M has nothing to do with "autism"!

Ah! O.K. my bad , let me rephrase my questions.

The Chandler & Macleod tests is the only reliable way to test if you're autistic ?

Anyone who was diagnosed using the DISCO method is probably not autistic as Wing , Gould & Murray don't know what they are talking about.

Anyone who has done the Chandler & Macleod test who didn't get an A letter is not autistic.

and by autistic I mean your arcane definition of autistic not the current meaning of the word ( having autism ).

Also , I think if you redid the test today you would get a 'P' in your score for comments like this

gwynfryn wrote:
The on line test was withdrawn, to reappear months later without the letter scores, shortly to be withdrawn permanently (but the page is still there on C&Ms site). At the very least, this should tell you that some very powerful interests don’t want you to know this historical stuff!

!

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 10:53 am

Wing for one had evidently misunderstood what Kanner meant by autistic, which, as I’ve pointed out ad nauseum, has a historical projection since Rosanof’s 1921 “theory of personality…”, so invented a different “autism”!

Goob234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2019, 9:56 am

When you over analyze, over analyzing.

neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 148 of 200
neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
AQ test- 37

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 8:42 am

When you begin collecting articles about the Olympic Games in the year before the next Olympic Games

As the Tokyo 2020 Games approach, you begin watching videos of the last Games in Tokyo in 1964.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2019, 2:27 pm

You play the same song so much that you dream about it.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 3:02 pm

Someone says be blunt you are and they get offended cos they didn't think anyone would be that blunt.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm

You rather sit outside in the cold and eat your meal than to be inside the restaurant near noisy kids (even though you dislike being cold).

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 3:24 pm

Probably only a verbal dyspraxic thing...

You only like room temperature food cos your food always ended up like that as a kid and you're used to it now.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 3:35 pm

KT67 wrote:
Someone says be blunt you are and they get offended cos they didn't think anyone would be that blunt.

I try to warn people... if you ask my opinion, you'll get it. Probably best not to ask my opinion. Just one week ago I alienated an in-law for life because I neglected to mention this... in my defence I was ambushed and put on the spot... so I told it like it is.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 4:30 pm

Trueno wrote:
KT67 wrote:
I try to warn people... if you ask my opinion, you'll get it. Probably best not to ask my opinion. Just one week ago I alienated an in-law for life because I neglected to mention this... in my defense I was ambushed and put on the spot... so I told it like it is.
You May Be An Aspie If...

... someone says, "Correct me if I'm wrong", and you do.

... someone says, "Give me your honest opinion", and you do.

... someone says, "Stop me if you've heard this joke before", and you do.

... you get called a jerk for doing what they tell you, and you do not understand why.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 6:23 pm

Trueno wrote:
KT67 wrote:

I try to warn people... if you ask my opinion, you'll get it. Probably best not to ask my opinion. Just one week ago I alienated an in-law for life because I neglected to mention this... in my defence I was ambushed and put on the spot... so I told it like it is.

I've been called a Rangers fan (seriously), a Hibs fan and a Hearts fan this week just for being honest about the bad parts of football clubs...

Mum still brings up stuff I said as a 6 year old. Like she's offended by it still. Makes me feel guilty but I was 6

Come to think of it this is maybe why I don't have friends...

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 6:44 pm

...you have to carefully avoid mention of your current main interest because it will probably need to be explained to the person you mention it to, and you know you can't do that without going on and on for at least half an hour.

...you're purposefully vague about your interests because you know if you aren't, you'll end up going into far more detail than anyone else wants to hear.

...sometimes you just can't help yourself, and you end up monologuing for half an hour anyway.

...somehow almost all of your journal entries end up getting diverted to one of your current main interests, regardless of what you were originally writing about.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 6:55 pm

.... your day was even remotely similar to mine. :?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 7:11 pm

Joe90 wrote:
You rather sit outside in the cold and eat your meal than to be inside the restaurant near noisy kids (even though you dislike being cold).

When people take you to a town you suggest takeaway meals because you don't want to sit in to eat. (I always tend to prefer take away meals, not because of the food value, but because they can be eaten outside, even if it is raining).

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 7:12 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
.... your day was even remotely similar to mine. :?

Oh dear.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 1:19 am

Fnord wrote:
Trueno wrote:
KT67 wrote:
I try to warn people... if you ask my opinion, you'll get it. Probably best not to ask my opinion. Just one week ago I alienated an in-law for life because I neglected to mention this... in my defense I was ambushed and put on the spot... so I told it like it is.
You May Be An Aspie If...

... someone says, "Correct me if I'm wrong", and you do.

... someone says, "Give me your honest opinion", and you do.

... someone says, "Stop me if you've heard this joke before", and you do.

... you get called a jerk for doing what they tell you, and you do not understand why.

:D

Priceless... especially the last one.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame