100 Ways to Annoy Somebody With Asperger's Syndrome

Page 16 of 45 [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 45  Next

AshRoswell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm

4XX.)
4XX.) Return home from "going to the store" 4 hours after you claimed you were only going to be gone for 45 minutes. Justify this by saying, "I had some other stuff to do."

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:21 pm

AshRoswell wrote:
4XX.)
4XX.) Return home from "going to the store" 4 hours after you claimed you were only going to be gone for 45 minutes. Justify this by saying, "I had some other stuff to do."

My parents do this kind of thing to me. They say that are going to be coming from some age of majority event that I can't go to at 10:30. They are not home to 11:45. They say, "oh, we just meant sometime around 10:30.". 10:40 is around 10:30. 1 hour and 15 minutes later is NOT around 10:30.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm

454: Tell them that you are going to tell the camp "why you get upset and stuff" and let them that they shouldn't worry about you when you do, and ask them if they want to be there when that happens or not, but don't give them the option to NOT have it said. Extra points if you don't actually do it.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:42 pm

(This thread is so good! :D )

453. Yawn really loud

454. Tell them to smile, or say ''cheer up!'' when they've got a solumn expression on their face

455. Remind them that they're the only Aspie in the family - (if you dare!)

456. Stare at them when walking past them in the street

457. Criticise them about what they like

458. Tell the to ''stop moaning'' when they're trying to express their feelings

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2011, 2:44 pm

459. Insist upon serving hot food/an elaborate meal for LUNCH when the aspie has made it clear that she *strongly* prefers to have her sandwich at that time daily. Make sure the house is full of guests so that they can look at her funny when she prepares her usual meal.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:45 pm

AshRoswell wrote:
MotherKnowsBest wrote:
Aimless wrote:
Call them with this one thing on your mind. The price of kitty litter at one store as opposed to another. Not kidding.

I believe. I believe. I used to visit my gran who would spend the entire visit comparing the price of sliced ham from one shop to another. It used to melt my brain.

My boyfriend frustrates me with this scenario on a regular basis and fails to understand that it will always annoy me and I'm beyond trying to explain the reasons.

Be it the price of catfood, gas, food items, it's just annoying. Inflation happens people. Get used to it. :)

Can someone be obsessed with prices? I certanly do it to some extent. No offense. I see it can be boring. :)

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

Non_Passerine wrote:
189. If you run a camp or whatever, start a buddy system rule.

Extra points if you don't assign that partners and let everyone choose themselves.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

450. At a social event, (eg weddings, birthday parties, ect), say to the Aspie, ''you're quiet!''

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

461: If you're a teacher, tell them that you will be going away for 2 weeks, but don't actually tell anyone else that and go away for 5 months and when the aspie sees you at the store, tell that that you don't know when you are going to be back.

462: If you are a teacher that teaches at the same school as the teacher in #461, tell them that the teacher will be back because they always have been in the past and make sure you say that it was a personal leave and therefore, no one is allowed to know when he was going to be back.

463: Say you are going to be home at 11:40 and be home an hour later and get mad when they call to see where you are.

464: Let everyone else run around and break the rules, but get mad at them for breaking any little rule.

465: At camp, tell them they will be getting a red pipecleaner, then give them a pink one and get mad when they try and grab someone's red one.

466: Let all the kids at the camp be loud, scream at the top of the lungs and throw paper airplanes everywhere and get mad when they have a meltdown.

467: Go to a freezing cold wading pool and splash them when you see that they playing alone.

468: Make them walk on a balance beam with foam cubes on them and say "Go, go, your going to slow!" when they run across.

469: Make sure your camp has a lot of competitive games.

470: Allow other people to get upset when they lose a game and comfort them, but yell at the aspie.

471: Make them "inch" into the lake even though they can swim and HATE inching in.

472: If another kid at the camp plays with a pool toy for 30 minutes and lets go of it for one second and then the aspie plays with it and the other kid wants it back, get mad the aspie for not sharing.

473: Play audio tapes super loud at night.

474: Pat them on the back and say "You need to sit down" when they have a quick question.

475: Have a "3 strikes and you're out system" and don't tell them when they get a strike.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 4:58 pm

455. Tell them that they should live for today in the present, by liking the same music as, dressing and wearing their hair like their same sexed peers. That annoys me.

billmeister
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Mar 2011, 9:09 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
113) Tell them that you are going shopping at the supermarket and ask if they would like to come. Then drag aspie to all sorts of places that are not the supermarket, including the shopping mall and a second supermarket and then drive around for half an hour looking for banks, totalling up to 4 hours of shopping and driving instead of proposed simple supermarket trip, aspie practically foaming at the mouth afterwards.

This one makes my blood BOIL. For maximum effect, take them away from something they did want to do.

456. Tell other NTs said Aspie "is shifty-eyed" or untrustworthy.

457. Force them to travel to a distant city to receive a scholastic/vocational award with a large audience (add several people in close proximity on stage, as well as several audience members snapping photos for maximum effect.)

458. As a vocational instructor, tell them that (insert relevant blindness organization) mandated public building fire alarms to have strobe lights

459. Ask them for "help" on something you know is one of their pursuits. Either dump the job on them and leave (works well for tasks requiring more than one person) or just hang around asking mindless questions and get in the way

460. Poke fun at them for not being in a relationship

461. Insist they "gotta try" this new video game, even when they politely decline.

462. Agree to meet them at a social gathering, when you are their safety net, and show up an hour late

463. Chastise them for "not doing it my way" even though they did it better and more efficiently.

464. Ask them questions about a completed task in an accusatory manner, when nothing was done wrong.

465. Call them "stupid" because you have no clue what they are talking about.

466. Nag them at a social gathering "come sit over here" when they are content where they are.

Last edited by billmeister on 06 Mar 2011, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

06 Mar 2011, 9:22 pm

billmeister wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:
113) Tell them that you are going shopping at the supermarket and ask if they would like to come. Then drag aspie to all sorts of places that are not the supermarket, including the shopping mall and a second supermarket and then drive around for half an hour looking for banks, totalling up to 4 hours of shopping and driving instead of proposed simple supermarket trip, aspie practically foaming at the mouth afterwards.

This one makes my blood BOIL. For maximum effect, take them away from something they did want to do.

Oh my god did I answer this? I hate this so much and like half of my relatives have done it to me. Since I'm dependent on other people for transportation it still happens. It happened the other day. :evil:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:25 pm

Tell them they're wrong and don't know what they are talking about when discussing their special interest.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 1:09 am

458. take it personally or get angry when they don't show up to a social event

459. if they do show up, take it personally or get angry if they aren't especially social (or worse: insist that they dance, abandon them with people they don't know, or in some other way try to force them into situations that provoke anxiety)

460. send them out of town for a job for a week and keep them for two months, all the while refusing to commit to a definitive return date

461. disregard them when they say "we have to leave (any public place or event) now"

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 1:34 am

Verdandi wrote:
billmeister wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

Oh my god did I answer this? I hate this so much and like half of my relatives have done it to me. Since I'm dependent on other people for transportation it still happens. It happened the other day. :evil:

My mom used to do that to me. She'd say she was going to Safeway or Walmart and end up going to both places. Then after a while I stopped going with her.

RiverNight
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2011, 3:17 am

tell them to "look at what you are trying to say"

http://www.rivernight.net.au