20 Jun 2009, 8:27 pm

Picky picky picky... :lol:

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jun 2009, 9:52 pm

I got my records from my old school a few months ago. My IQ is 111.

Justin227
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2009, 11:39 pm

I read that the average IQ is 100. Stephan Hawking has an IQ of 162, Eienstein, 158.
But that may be wrong

Does anyone have a reliable online IQ test?

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 11:43 pm

I have a performance IQ of 100, verbal IQ of 131, functional IQ of 60, Full scale of 115. There are areas in which I am brilliant, areas in which I am ret*d. So, my psychometrist stated this is common with AS. In fact, it is often a "red flag" that AS may exist.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 11:52 pm

Justin227 wrote:
I read that the average IQ is 100. Stephan Hawking has an IQ of 162, Eienstein, 158.
But that may be wrong

Sources?

Quote:
Does anyone have a reliable online IQ test?

There really aren't any.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 12:33 am

IQ scores may be inaccurate for those on the Autism spectrum. My verbal IQ is far higher than my performance IQ.

animal
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jun 2009, 12:40 am

My IQ was tested ~20 months ago at 152. I don't know if this is accurate or not; it certainly doesn't describe my functional abilities. I come across as intelligent, but not as intelligent as I actually am.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 12:54 am

Quick question: What sort of organizations can you typically go to to take an IQ test? Community Colleges? Universities? Mental Health Clinics?

One psychiatrist at the Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Clinic said she might schedule me for an IQ test, which she never did. I've never had my IQ tested before, but I'd like to sometime soon.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 3:16 am

IdiousMatt wrote:
Im guessing from the 50-101 you were mostly wanting to know about the numbers of people above average IQ. Mine was 143 last I checked.

Did you know the average IQ of a human being has been steadily declining for the last 60 years? In the study I saw the average IQ for 1950 was placed at 91.5 and by 2050 it's projected to be 86.5.

So, when I said this one town had an average IQ of 70 (where I got into a great argument about it), then I was probably actually very accurate, or at least overstated to what I really meant which now would be like 40....

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 5:24 am

Abstract_Logic wrote:
There is no such thing as a so-called "Intelligence Quotient". Those numbers are arbitrary and meaningless as far as developmental potential and accomplishment goes.

Source please?

Traex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2009, 6:10 am

IQ tests are always weird, it really doesn't imply that you're intelligent or not.

Various IQ tests done offline and online, I fall in around IQ 140-155. Strengths are in numerical and abstract abilities, general/trivial knowledge, and geometry/visualization.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 7:41 am

MrLoony wrote:
Quick question: What sort of organizations can you typically go to to take an IQ test? Community Colleges? Universities? Mental Health Clinics?

One psychiatrist at the Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Clinic said she might schedule me for an IQ test, which she never did. I've never had my IQ tested before, but I'd like to sometime soon.

At least some schools test STUDENTS at times. Psychiatrists or psychologists ought to be able to give you an IQ test.

outlier,

I think Abstract_Logic means that there is no real meaningful indicator.

A person with a high IQ may never amount to much, and someone with a relatively low IQ might end up being VERY successful. High IQ merely means you got a better than average grade on a test that indicates you may have a better ability to do certain things.

Anyone that disputes that must feel intimidated for some reason or not be very smart. Why would otther data be needed? HECK, look at the CEOs at major companies, and some waiters, etc...

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 7:51 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
Well, comparing to temperature scales, IQ would be more like Kelvin - where below zero simply is not possible (0° Kelvin is absolute Zero, around -451° F)

Since nobody has really determined the total absense of heat, how can anyone say what the coldest temperature can be? Still, we KNOW it is below -459.7°F because that is the freezing point of helium! And that is merely at one pressure.

i think that the value of absolute zero is determined from the point on a "temperature vs pressure" graph where the pressure of all gases (and all matter) = 0.

"temperature" is a value that represents the kinetic energy of matter (particles), and "pressure" is a value that represents the amount of collisions of those excited particles within matter.

there is a direct relationship between temperature and pressure (ie the graph is linear), and all substances decrease in pressure linearly with decreases in heat. the pressure graph can be extrapolated to cross zero on the X axis at about -273C. at that point, there is no kinetic energy at all and therefore no collisions of particles (ie pressure). all activity is halted. time is halted.

i think that there may be some small argument about the accuracy of the exact value, but it is certainly above -274 C.
it is not possible to be less energetic than zero just the same as it is not possible to be blacker than black. if there is no light, then that is as far as it can go. (maybe anti matter has notional negative energy, but it is still greater than zero on it's side of reality (all realities are "absolute", and therefore their values are greater than zero))

i do not think that there is anywhere in the material universe that has a temperature of zero kelvin (ie does not have a temperature).

in the realms of space beyond the present frontiers of expansion of this big bang, there is certainly no energy. however it is also a complete vacuum and therefore it can not have a temperature. vacuums are voids that can only transmit but never contain energy.

so the place in space where nothing is, is the place in space that has no temperature.

but the place in space where nothing is is also incapable of having temperature so it is not valid.

sorry that was too long and boring and probably wrong because i only talk form memory and imagination, and not current education.
-------------------
i would like to know who posted that they have 200 iq.
probably someone who just wanted to see the results.
i wonder whether that person really thinks they have IQ 200 or whether they just chose that option for a joke.
---------------------

i wonder why anyone would want to claim their IQ score to people they know.
i admit when i first joined here, there was one of these IQ threads and i decided to take the online test and post my result. after a few days, i became uncomfortable with having posted my result, but i could not edit it to blank it out at that point. the online IQ tests always are flattering because they always lead to marketing ploys.
----
anyway, people who claim they have high IQ's are like they are clutching at straws.
it is like they are saying "please reassess what you hear me say in light of the fact that i have told you i have a superior IQ".
if someone is very intelligent, then they will seem intelligent to others without having to report that they are intelligent. they do not have to bring out a score card to justify what they say because their logic is irrefutable on it's own.
------
i think that people who say that are 190 IQ (in ways not eloquent) want people to read mystical meanings into their banal posts.

it is like if bob dylan wrote a complete nonsense song (which he did not reveal to be nonsense) and marketed it, there would be many poet societies debating over the meaning of his words. there would be much searching for meaning, because it is bob dylan who wrote the words, so the song must mean something deep.
if they can not understand it, they presume that their puny brains are not good enough to understand.
but of course, there will be many people who excavate "meaning" out of nonsense words by a supposed guru.

so i think people who quote their IQ's are not confident of winning an audience without some "bait".

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 9:43 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
outlier,

I think Abstract_Logic means that there is no real meaningful indicator.

A person with a high IQ may never amount to much, and someone with a relatively low IQ might end up being VERY successful. High IQ merely means you got a better than average grade on a test that indicates you may have a better ability to do certain things.

A general statement was made, so I wanted evidence that this applies generally. Perhaps I was unclear. Of course it's different at the level of the individual; general trends mean just that.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 9:56 am

Only one in thousands have an IQ above 150. That's the problem with polls like this. Everyone's a genius (or savant or prodigy...) every time LOL

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 10:34 am

b9 wrote:
if someone is very intelligent, then they will seem intelligent to others

I see how experiences differ greatly here - many kids and such with AS actually face being thought ret*d or 'just' stupid because their AS makes them appear slow, otherworldly and unable to do what most people with normal intelligence can easily do.

Nothing about the real level of intelligence showing through.

Your statement totally doesn't take how AS/HFA is actually a disorder of social abilities and communication into account.

I wonder where you live because because I got the impression you expect people to know what autism is? It can't be Europe (and probably not the US where things seem similar) where you live because here the vast majority of people doesn't recognise a strongly autistic child and think autism is 'that thing that makes people space out and be in another world'.