Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

matt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 11:40 pm

I did this for many years but don't seem to do it anymore.

While listening to people talk I would draw their words in the air using my finger. I would draw each whole word with one continuous stroke, but the letters were print letters, just with the lines of one letter continuing into the next letter.

Last edited by matt on 16 Sep 2009, 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 11:41 pm

matt wrote:
I did this for many years but don't seem to do it anymore.

While listening to people talk I would draw their words in the air using my finger. I would draw each whole word with one continuous stroke, but the letters were print letters, just with the lines of one letter continuing into the next letter.

I practice kanji that way :) But the stroke order is important, so I separate them.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 12:14 am

drumming and tapping out rhythms.
often in odd time signatures like 5/4 and 11/8.
I do it most of the day, except when I am actively engaged with something with my hands. I usually manage to curb this behavior during social situations where it would seen as inappropriate. usually....

Oregon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2009, 8:09 am

My desk at work looks like a toysRus with lots of things to stretch, twist, build, smash, etc.. When go to meetings, I usually bring toys & coloring crayons for everyone to play with so I don't look so weird (I work for a government regulatory agency).

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 3:38 pm

jessmc wrote:
You guys will like this one. I type in the air. Constantly. Usually just a repeated random word that has nothing to do with the situation or my thoughts. I will just be standing with my arms down at my sides and typing words over and over again.

I "type" in air or on a desk, except I'm actually playing a tune on the piano. What's even stranger is that in real life I wouldn't play that tune on the piano. I would probably play it on the fiddle.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 1:31 am

I tap a lot. Sometimes I rock a little or pace when I'm standing up waiting for something, but mostly I just tap.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 1:47 am

drumming with my leg all the time, also i do pace ALOT all the time i also bite my nails :lol: these are most common things i do at public,if alone ,lol even when writing this message i pace time to time