How About That Boy Who Won't Say the Pledge of Allegiance?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 10:26 pm

pensieve wrote:
What a crazy country you people live in. Didn't the [children] have to do something similar in communist Russia? About the revolution?

I do not know about that, but I do know we have some folks over here who are (IMO) well-caricatured by a radio personality known as "Earl Pitts" who says, "I'm a Merican, with a capital 'M'!"

Earl came to mind as I watched that video.

Polgara wrote:
Doesn't he sound like an Aspie?

Not according to his mother:

Quote:
One dares not encourage a youngster to speak to an adult that way. But one does get a kick out of way the boy described it.

That led me (David Sanders) to ask Laura if her child was normal and grounded and able to enjoy a [child’s] blessed bliss. "Yes, don’t worry about that", she said. "But he understands", she said, "that many people see him as a hopeful voice of a new generation."

http://nwat.nwanews.com/news/2009/nov/1 ... -20091119/

But then, who really knows, eh?!

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 10:30 pm

Quote:
So homosexuals have no fewer rights than homosexuals
Tautology much ?

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 3:27 pm

Whenever we do the pledge, I am tempted to do a Hitler salute, followed by shouting of Seig Heil. That's my little way of poking fun at this rotten country. Authority figures expect us to be so blindly patriotic that we'll believe anything they say.

PaganMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Nov 2009, 5:59 pm

leejosepho wrote:

I do not know about that, but I do know we have some folks over here who are (IMO) well-caricatured by a radio personality known as "Earl Pitts" who says, "I'm a Merican, with a capital 'M'!"

Earl came to mind as I watched that video.

I love Earl Pitts!

PaganMom

Pitts off!

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 6:34 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Polgara wrote:

NOPE!

Polgara wrote:
Isn't he right?

NOPE!

Polgara wrote:
Doesn't he sound like an Aspie?

NOPE!

Polgara wrote:
I really liked his dad's reactions, too.

WHO do you think had him say it!?!?!?

Frankly, when I was a kid, I just mouthed half of it anyway. There isn't anyone that cares THAT much about whether or not you say it. So this is certainly NOT news! His father simply wanted his "15 minutes of fame"!

And ***I*** can't visit a friend or access a friends assets like a normal family member EITHER! So homosexuals have no fewer rights than homosexuals, etc... I spoke to my father about this, and he spoke of a friend that had to LIE and say he was someone elses brother, to see that person at the hospital. and HE was even black, and the other guy was white!

SO WHY all the commotion? PART of it is to hurt the church, though I have NO idea WHY! They want to be in parts of the priesthood, be married in such ceremonies, etc.... PART of it is to get the financial, insurance, divorce, and TAX benefits. To hear SOME talk, you would think it is some sort of removal of rights, etc....

And if they give homosexuals those "rights", why can't they give straight friends those rights? and if they could give straight friends those "rights", shouldn't SINGLE people get some, such as the reduced tax rates and increased investment allowances? HECK, I would really like THAT!

That would explain how the media got their hands on this story to begin with. I doubt that the school care less about getting attention because of one kid's rude behavior.

I wonder what FOX NEWS's view is on this. I'm hearing different stuff from CNN.

I'm sure the liberal media is ensuring this story spreads like a California wildfire.

Giftorcurse wrote:
Whenever we do the pledge, I am tempted to do a Hitler salute, followed by shouting of Seig Heil. That's my little way of poking fun at this rotten country. Authority figures expect us to be so blindly patriotic that we'll believe anything they say.

That reminds me of my favorite Simpsons chalkboard gag: The Pledge of Allegiance does not end with "Hail Satan". :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 6:45 pm

Or the girl who wouldn't sing Oh, Canada! :lol:

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 7:21 pm

PaganMom wrote:
I love Earl Pitts!

Well then, be sure he does not hear about any of this or he just might immediately experience cardiac arrest!

Personally, I stopped standing for the flag a long time ago, but only after carefully picking out a safe-looking section of bleachers at the race track.

BoringAaron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Nov 2009, 7:30 pm

On what network can I find the liberal media?

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 9:31 pm

I don't see reasons to think that this kid is asperger. He,s certainly smart and articulated, but that's don't make him an asperger. Has for the stiming, it's seen too with gifted kids. http://www.giftedhaven.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1595&page=1
And it could had been nervous too.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 10:06 pm

BoringAaron wrote:
I am more concerned about finding conservative media. Is Fox news a news parody like the daily show global edition? Where can I find the real version?

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 1:35 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
BoringAaron wrote:
I am more concerned about finding conservative media. Is Fox news a news parody like the daily show global edition? Where can I find the real version?

It seems that 'Liberals' and 'Conservatives' can finally agree on something.

What happened to objective news reporting and where are the last remnants to be found?

Great points, both of you.

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2009, 3:43 am

He seems very intelligent for his age - why can't all kids be like that? :P

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 4:37 am

I preferred Hedy *ahem* Hedley Lamarr's version. :wink:

The year is still young.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 6:19 am

No such thing in the UK, and if they ever tried to introduce it they would get nowhere.

We had a few silly things at school like being expected to sing hymns regardless of religious persuasion (or lack of it), but they backed off as we got older and more likely to rebel.

I just wish more kids would stand up against being forced to do anything so arbitrary. The bureaucrats should accept the value of free thought instead of trying to brainwash us all by catching us young.

BoringAaron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2009, 8:29 am

Blindspot149 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
BoringAaron wrote:

What happened to objective news reporting and where are the last remnants to be found?

There's always CNN, if you want the "beating a dead horse" media.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 8:35 am

BoringAaron wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
BoringAaron wrote:

There's always CNN, if you want the "beating a dead horse" media.

I generally find that the best news reporting about a country is to be found in the newspapers of other countries.......